The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

P. 308 - Disney Fantasy Star Wars at Sea Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 am

Hurtigruten's new expedition ship MS Roald Amundsen was launched today. The maiden voyage is scheduled to be in October this year. This will be the first expedition ship able to sail using only electricity over short distances. Since it is a hybrid ship it will reduce fuel consumption with up to 20% of what normal ships use.

Source (In Norwegian)
Source 2
Roald amundsen 3.jpg
Roald amundsen 4.jpg
Roald Amundsen.jpg
Roald Amundsen 2.jpg
This is what it will look like when finished
Last edited by Norwegian coasterfan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 am.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

Postby bostonlva » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:11 pm

A Carnival cruise in the South Pacific descended into violent anarchy

A Carnival cruise devolved into near-anarchy during its 10 days in the South Pacific, with some passengers locking themselves inside their cabins, others kicked off the ship and security guards brawling with vacationers in a bare-knuckles melee.

Carnival said it would investigate what happened after a video surfaced, showing the guards punching, kicking and threatening passengers during the worst of the fighting Friday. But the cruise line is already blaming “a large family group” for instigating the violence, which some passengers said escalated for days before security could contain it.

The trouble started after the Carnival Legend, which can carry more than 2,000 people, set sail from Melbourne to New Caledonia last week — though there are disputes of exactly when and why it all began.

“This is all over a thong [flip-flop sandal] — not a foot, a thong being stepped on,” a passenger told the radio station 3AW, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. The thong’s trampler apologized, the man said, but its owner threatened retaliation, and the groups began to feud.

Others, however, said a single family of about two dozen people seemed intent on provoking conflicts — spitting in the pool, screaming in the smoking area and fighting with passengers and staff over any provocation.

“They were looking for trouble from the minute they got on the ship,” Kellie Peterson told 3AW. “Anyone and everything. They even picked on a 16-year-old boy because they thought he looked at them.”

After several days at sea, chaos broke out on the pool deck. It’s not clear what caused the dispute, though one passenger told News.com.au that it went on for 45 minutes, some of which was recorded. Children watched from behind a row of sun chairs as dozens of adults shouted on the far end of the deck. A man got into a brief shoving match with a uniformed staff member — a prelude of the melee to come.

In a statement to The Washington Post, Carnival confirmed “several instances [of] extremely unruly behavior” on the ship.

Some passengers described it more as a state of constant fear.

Peterson told 3AW that security warned her, her husband and their three young children not to travel the decks alone. Lisa Bolitho said she and her son simply locked themselves inside their cabin, according to the Australian Associated Press.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2018/02/17/a-10-day-carnival-cruise-in-the-south-pacific-descended-into-violent-anarchy/

More at the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by bostonlva on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Another great advertisement for Carnival! :lmao:

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:44 am

Oh Carnival.... there's some really klassy videos of the violence online too...

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am

^Have you seen the pix from when they were removed from the ship? Still flicking off passengers and cursing. Quality.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:26 am

I was just expecting this to be a ship sailing out of Florida, was pretty surprised to see it wasn't haha.

Postby jray21 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:40 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Have you seen the pix from when they were removed from the ship? Still flicking off passengers and cursing. Quality.

Yeah, those were some high-class passengers. You know it's bad when even Carnival doesn't want you on their ship!

TPR's table shuffleboard pro

Postby Coastinmiller » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Just launched the largest container ship built in the US. Tired to get a good scale pic of it, was on top of the Goliath gantry crane that stands about 220’. The last picture from the end of the dry dock.
46DFEE55-9A86-4AFD-8A7A-7D58ABAEA7B2.jpeg
5408D124-7096-4790-B8AA-1F4A378EC910.jpeg
89309289-2AC8-4026-A686-75F58C127B5B.jpeg

Postby jray21 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:00 pm

That's a pretty big ship! It'll look even better when all the containers are on it.

TPR's table shuffleboard pro

Postby Coastinmiller » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:13 pm

jray21 wrote:That's a pretty big ship! It'll look even better when all the containers are on it.

It’ll be a bit for that. Sea trials in June with a July delivery. I can’t wait for it to be out of my hair and on its regular Hawaii runs. Laying keel for its sister next week.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!