WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 172 . Slinky Dog Dash Complete POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Now, I've just read at another site that M & M's Runaway Railway (M&MRR?) is following the same track as the Great Movie Ride did,
so that would mean it won't be trackless. And that some of the audience cars from Universe/Energy would be used for this, too.....?

Hmmm. Well, a little sad if this is the way it's actually going to happen, fine. They're promising new
film screen firsts, so it has to ride more "motion-based", than just gliding through scenes? Maybe?

Time will tell. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Now, I've just read at another site that M & M's Runaway Railway (M&MRR?) is following the same track as the Great Movie Ride did,
so that would mean it won't be trackless. And that some of the audience cars from Universe/Energy would be used for this, too.....?

Hmmm. Well, a little sad if this is the way it's actually going to happen, fine. They're promising new
film screen firsts, so it has to ride more "motion-based", than just gliding through scenes? Maybe?

What the...? The article at Theme Park Tourist can be dismissed. That's not the case. Trusted insiders have stated that while the "train cars" are inspired by GMR, they are not from GMR at all. The "trains" will be 4 (small, not GMR) cars long plus the engine. The old ride system was scrapped. There's a new layout that will use about 85% (I believe was the stated amount) of the current GMR space and will run 5-6 minutes.

The story seems to line up with what's been stated though.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:58 pm

^ Ok. Well, however it turns out, I am definitely looking forward to this attraction, besides all the other stuff. :b

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby CoasterLover » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 am

Originally, I wasn't a huge fan of the new art style for the cartoons, but after watching a few episodes, it's really grown on me. The new cartoons are genuinely funny and really enjoyable! I guess my only concern would be if they radically change the art style again in 10 years or so and then the style used in the ride may seem out of place... then again, I'm hearing that the ride will utilize a lot of projection mapping, so maybe updating the attraction as needed wouldn't be such an issue. Either way, really looking forward to riding this! I think it will just be an all out "fun" attraction (nothing "thrilling" or "wild"... just one of those rides that you find yourself laughing on and always come off with a smile).

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Now, I've just read at another site that M & M's Runaway Railway (M&MRR?) is following the same track as the Great Movie Ride did,

Trackless technology is basically just changing the underground wire to underground sensors that guides the vehicle. Not that much different. They can definitely use the wire for the “train” part and new embedded sensors for the separated path part.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:07 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/toy-story-land-to-open-at-walt-disney-world-resort-june-30/

TSLNS23801.jpg

It’s official! Toy Story Land, the highly-anticipated toy-filled land inspired by the beloved “Toy Story” films, will open to guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 30, 2018.

When it opens, guests visiting Toy Story Land will “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in on the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other beloved toys are having in Andy’s backyard. Here, guests can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit and topped off with Slinky and Jessie. (Check out the time-lapse video above of one of Slinky Dog Dash’s first test runs).

Families will also be able to take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers, a galactic play set that Andy won from Pizza Planet. Here, adorable little green aliens swirl about in their flying saucers with guests in tow in their rocket ship toys, while “The Claw” hangs overhead.

Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008. Now expanded with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.

Woody’s Lunch Box – actually, Andy’s lunch box that he’s set on its side – will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window setting. The entire land will serve as a visual celebration of toys, with Crayons, Cooties, Green Army Men, Rubik’s Cubes, Tinkertoys, and other familiar toys and game pieces incorporated into the land’s design.
tsl3409583409585-624x352.jpg
tsl23840239423-624x352.jpg
tsl98374598347.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:10 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:17 am

God I love that coaster train. :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 am

Lines for a new Disney ride are always going to be long, but with it opening right around 4th of July, I'll be interested to see what it comes in at.

I'll definitely be down later this summer to try it. That coaster train is adorable.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm looking forward to Slinky Dog Dash. No one does "family" coasters as well as Disney.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Is this the largest (length, footprint) family coaster above ground, they've ever created and built? Just curious.
Dwarfs Mine Coaster is more compacted in a smaller space; HKDL's Runaway Mine Train might be longer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!