TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^^ are you talking Fast Lane+ or are you talking about a Platinum season pass?

Platinum gives you 1 hour early access. The line for Maverick & Millennium Force has never gotten over 15-20 minutes in my experience though we don't go on Saturdays; we usually power ride Maverick with 5 min waits, then head to Millennium Force, then hit Dragster at 10a when that opens. Or MF, then Maverick a bunch of times, then Dragster. Always those 3 rides, though. Everything will change with Steel Vengeance, though.

Platinum also gives you a discount on Fast Lane, and free parking. Depending on the size of your party, and depending on if you'll be going to another Cedar Fair park (it sounds like you live near Wonderland -- they usually offer good deals for bring a friend tickets with a season pass), it may be worthwhile to invest in at least one platinum pass just to get the discount for FL+ (significant discount) and the bring a friend discount (it's not much -- EDIT: $43 per ticket total but you can buy up to 4 with one pass) for everyone in your party. If Fast Lane is $80 and FL+ is $120 (I'm just making up numbers for a Saturday, I don't know how much it will be the day you are going) that's a discount of $40 per person just for having a Platinum pass. You only need one pass for all these discounts. Plus parking, and pretty much 10% off everything else.

EVERY coaster twice or more is going to need a FL+, in my opinion, especially with the addition of Steel Vengeance. The line for Valravn can get pretty long too. Even though it's earlier in the season, it's still June and it's still a Saturday.

Good luck! You'll have an awesome time.

Edited by anonymouscactus

so that's the only thing we bothered with during ERT.. seriously, the lines for Maverick were longer than they had been all day.

I may be getting Coastermania ERT mixed up with passholder ERT because both times we marathoned Maverick, but I don't remember the lines being long. I'm definitely sure I drank quite a bit of beer at Coastermania and didn't eat very much (don't eat BBQ), so I was feeling a bit uncomfortable after 6 or 7 rides on Mav. during ERT.

Since we're not talking about Coastermania specifically, I can attest that at several passholder ERT sessions, we got plenty of rides in. It wasn't to the point where you could just sit and stay on the ride, but the longer ERT went on, the thinner it got. The last 15-20 min you pretty much don't have to wait at all (in general people are p*ssies and don't have stamina like we do )

^^^ are you talking Fast Lane+ or are you talking about a Platinum season pass?...

Yeah FL+.

Oh well, I'm turning 65 soon, and leave it at that.

Thanks for the correction.

No worries, I was referring to the original post by WonderlandMan, they mentioned Platinum but it sounded like they were talking about Fast Lane? That's why I talked about both just in case :-P

so that's the only thing we bothered with during ERT.. seriously, the lines for Maverick were longer than they had been all day.

I may be getting Coastermania ERT mixed up with passholder ERT because both times we marathoned Maverick, but I don't remember the lines being long. I'm definitely sure I drank quite a bit of beer at Coastermania and didn't eat very much (don't eat BBQ), so I was feeling a bit uncomfortable after 6 or 7 rides on Mav. during ERT.

Since we're not talking about Coastermania specifically, I can attest that at several passholder ERT sessions, we got plenty of rides in. It wasn't to the point where you could just sit and stay on the ride, but the longer ERT went on, the thinner it got. The last 15-20 min you pretty much don't have to wait at all (in general people are p*ssies and don't have stamina like we do )

we rode Maverick before the Coastermania! evening ERT started. . while CM folks were lining up in the ERT line (outside the Fastlane entrance) while inside the queue, it was only 15 minutes or so. (that, I think, was the only time we actually got in line and rode it without having to wait for a breakdown to be fixed. . LOL. .. but we got a lot of rides on it over that weekend).

we must have seen each other at the park.. it's a shame we didn't get to say "hi"

^^ (not so) Seriously, that shot shows what (a lot of us) people are willing to go through, for any credit. She looks soooooo ashamed, LOL!*

*And doesn't want to be identified, either! (o; GREAT SHOT, Bert!

Looks like there's a good chance Emily and I are going to be among the showerless on May 20th. Ever since I brought up the idea of camping in CP, she's been on board. I had no idea it would only be $200 for the both of us including two days at the park, a couple meals, and ERT. (Do I have that correct? It seems too good to be true.)

Does anyone have an educated guess on how the crowds will be that weekend? We'd probably go for the FL+ at least one day. I'm also curious how beneficial the ERT will be considering the unknown on the number of guests present. I don't really care if everything is not open, considering this park has enough for 2-3 parks.

My strategy is to bring as many hoosier sponge bath-ish style cleaning products as possible and use my prescribed ambien to get me through the night. I can guarantee that I'm particular enough to get myself pretty clean with a gallon of water, soap, and a few wash clothes while crammed in a tent. I won't be able to speak for the rest of the group.

This will be my fourth time visiting this particular weekend. It's our long weekend in Canada, so expect to see a good amount of Canadians there. Saturday will be busy, Sunday is quite manageable, Monday (our holiday) is completely dead. We always buy FL+ for Sunday and go crazy (SV will likely be 2hrs all day), but if you want to ride everything only once, it's not needed.

Weather is unpredictable in May. We've always been blessed with sunny and decent temps (60-80's) when visiting, however it can get cold at night, especially for camping! All rides have been open too, never had a problem that way. The cold mornings do offer a greater chance of Dragster rollback! Which I've never had

I thought about being a good TPR Samaritan and offering a shower in our Cabin, but as another mentioned, just head to the waterpark showers. They are closer, have bunnies, and you can go on your own schedule. Brilliant idea.

I've never experienced ERT

ERT has been spoiled by Holiday World. If you want to experience true "spoil your butt off" ERT, check out Holiwood Nights. Sorry to drop that in the CP thread... (disclaimer: I am not bashing CP by any means. I'm simply speaking about my experience at Holiwood Nights, Cedar Point and their events still rock) Speaking of CP, I haven't been to Coaster Mania since 2000. It was very crowded and not the best experience in terms of "an event." I know they have changed many things since then and am looking forward to Coaster Mania again in the future. I'm pretty sure it's almost always during Holiwood Nights, so I'll have to wait for a year I'm willing to take the CP event over HW's.

^ I think, since going to it last year, in the last several years, they have changed the event policy,

from an all-access gp event, to one that allows listed Coaster Club members only, to participate.

And they have a ticket number limit the past few years too, I have heard.

It should be a sellout with The New One, ERT-ing this year.

Which is very nice of them, thanks again CP!

Sorry for the dumb question, but my brother and gf were salivating when I told them what Coastermania is like, we can bring guests correct?

Also having gone to Coastermania last year, can confirm it was great. There were more people than I expected BUT it was certainly not crowded. I was able to have a mega successful day thanks to Coastermania. Just needed some (minor) day planning, but it was wonderful.

I cant vouch for previous years but the ERT was great, it was the coasters you'd want/expect and I was able to do em all to my satisfaction

Sorry for the dumb question, but my brother and gf were salivating when I told them what Coastermania is like, we can bring guests correct?

if you add them to your Club TPR membership, then they can get tickets.

(my Membership includes my Spouse, for example, so he has a club TPR card too).

I'm trying to recall, but I *think* they checked membership cards at the main gate before allowing us in?

if you add them to your Club TPR membership, then they can get tickets.

(my Membership includes my Spouse, for example, so he has a club TPR card too).

I'm trying to recall, but I *think* they checked membership cards at the main gate before allowing us in?

That is what I was wondering, can I bring just guests, or did they need to be added to my membership. Thanks for the info!

Very true Elissa! My membership has just been re upped First thing I did with my latest paycheck! I will be adding those 2 to my membership now so they can go. Thanks again yall.

Edit: He is actually a growing coaster fan, was scared to death to try em until his GF made him, and turned out he loves it. I will try my best to just pester him into getting a club TPR account

And uh thank you for the very big picture.... to the shock of some here I can indeed read, but I also can remember, and I remember in the past people discussing bringing guests. So I asked, since I didn't see any info about it, (nor did that handy dandy picture provide any more)

we rode Maverick before the Coastermania! evening ERT started. . while CM folks were lining up in the ERT line (outside the Fastlane entrance) while inside the queue, it was only 15 minutes or so. (that, I think, was the only time we actually got in line and rode it without having to wait for a breakdown to be fixed. . LOL. .. but we got a lot of rides on it over that weekend).

we must have seen each other at the park.. it's a shame we didn't get to say "hi"

I know! I feel like I didn't "mingle" very much at Coastermania last year. Maybe this year. Are you guys going again?

I haven't done ERT at Cedar Point but at events I have been to its been the evening ERT that have been the best. like on Banshee Bash having Beast to ourselves around midnight when everyone was worn out. We were so tired from walking we just stayed on for 13 rides in a row I believe.

I know! I feel like I didn't "mingle" very much at Coastermania last year. Maybe this year. Are you guys going again?

unfortunately, no.

I will be back to CP this year, but not until several weeks after Coastermania!

have a great time if you get to go tho. . I loved getting to meet fellow TPR members (hi TBPony, Password, and several others), and hope you get to this time. . . . maybe I will bump into you at some point in travels!

I haven't done ERT at Cedar Point but at events I have been to its been the evening ERT that have been the best. like on Banshee Bash having Beast to ourselves around midnight when everyone was worn out. We were so tired from walking we just stayed on for 13 rides in a row I believe.

So, basically just 'keep your foot in it' and the ERT crowds will dissipate near the end?

So, basically just 'keep your foot in it' and the ERT crowds will dissipate near the end?

I don't think crowds are all that terrible during the ERT events anymore, not since it stopped being a free event. So I'd expect plenty of rides on Maverick and Steel Vengeance.

I missed meeting anyone last year because my hotel was 40 minutes away, I ended up rolling in the gate literally a minute as it was opening and I ran on in. But I do always like meeting people, hopefully this year will be different.

So whats all this about ERT worries? Is there any validity or are people being usual internet cantankerous types?

Last year I didnt get fast pass, still did everything I wanted like 2-3 times, and I even took a 4 hour break from the park.