TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool or Flamingo (RCT3Bross) Need more help

RCT3Bross

So I'm currently planning an England trip in Summer 2018 and it looks like nothing will be in my way this year getting me the closest I've ever been.

I never imagined I would come to doubt this again, but I can't choose between Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Flamingoland. Here's the point I only intend to go to three parks and Alton Towers and Thorpe park where always on the top of the list with BPB and FL fighting for third place. Years ago BPB was on my bucket list of parks I like to visit once, it really has a vast amount of coasters but the park never spoke to me, it looks like an oversizes funfair. FL spoke to me it has a small amount of unique (for my bucket list) rides. I thought it was done FL won, but now BPB seems to whisper to me. The coasters at BPB seem more high quality.

So once again these two parks seem to be in the ring again and I don't want to regret my choice. So I decided to let TPR judge what first me more.

To direct:

1: I love visual appeal. I enjoy a more complete coaster over a quality ride.

2: I also believe in quality over quantity. I rather ride 1 good ride then 3 okay rides.

3: I count credits but I rather add 1 new credit on the list then 5 clones of rides I already did. (I feel like BPB really lacks in this department)

4: I thought it might be a good idea to point to some other (Small) parks on my want/did list to give perspective on me: Faarup Sommerland, Tripsdrill, Hansa, Kolmarden, Toverland.

Both Parks really have their ups and downs in my opinion, So I really hope with your expertize I come to a choice I won't regret. So can TPR help here?

Edited by RCT3Bross

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Kennywood? Knoebel's?

I would suggest Blackpool cause:

Icon looks really cool

Steeplechase is very unique

Dora's World Voyage is a must do

Unique Dark Rides

Valhalla (Put plastic shopping bags on your feet)

(And there's a gift shop under Flying Machines that sells used wood from their coasters + used parts from current and former rides)

And you'd better get there cause you don't know what they're gonna remove next

Steeplechase is very unique

Dora's World Voyage is a must do

And you'd better get there cause you don't know what they're gonna remove next

Okay I'm not the guy for kiddy rides (besides my dad will come along and he already thinks my hobby is wierd. ) but still I got to ask why Dora? Besides that good point and it's also why I lean towards BPB.

I mean I'm not surprised BPB is getting the upperhand here. Icon looks cool and is the fuel of the rift. I mean I much rather ride Kumali then Infusion because of the clone effect and besides that a chance on a El Loco (who's design I think is crazy) and Volare (I know many call it rough), wich are the only ones of their type to be found on my bucket list, caused me to be split in the opinion. On the other hand Revolution, Big One and Icon are the rides I look at and don't wish to miss out on.

So for a Second I push Flamingoland out of my head, What makes BPB the park not to miss in England?

Dora is basically sitting in a rapids ride and then with a speaker on top of the boat you go from Country to Country with Dora singing and saying hello in various languages.

Think of it as a Dora version of Jungle Cruise with a speaker instead of a Skipper.

Blackpool has older rides and more unique than Flamingoland, Big One is OK I guess, Doesn't have the Airtime of Rita.

Dora is basically sitting in a rapids ride and then with a speaker on top of the boat you go from Country to Country with Dora singing and saying hello in various languages.

Think of it as a Dora version of Jungle Cruise with a speaker instead of a Skipper.

That's not really selling it! lol

Blackpool has older rides and more unique than Flamingoland, Big One is OK I guess, Doesn't have the Airtime of Rita.

Way to go comparing two rides that are nothing at all like each other in the slightest.

Seriously, though, my vote would be for Blackpool just because of it's uniqueness and charm. Grand National, Steeplechase, Big Dipper, Roller Coaster, and even Revolution are all classics in their own right. Big One is still what I would consider a "modern classic" and I still think it's a pretty damn good ride! There are plenty of other good dark rides and quirky rides there to keep you entertained.

I do like Flamingoland and their ride selection there is quite good, but not 'stand out' IMO. If you had more time in the UK I would most certainly suggest Blackpool, Alton, Thorpe, Flamingoland as my personal favorites in the country.

and honestly, no matter what you choose, you'll probably have a great day.

I went to like 10-11 parks in the UK and Thorpe was my least favorite. I liked Adventure Island, Gulliver's Milton Keynes, Chessington, and Pleasureland Southport over Thorpe.

Ok, well... he didn't ask you. He "Asked Alvey."

And really? You liked Pleasureland Southport over Thorpe?!?!? You shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on theme parks because that's just f**cking stupid.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm not here to rip on anybodies opinion, but I came to the conclusion that ours are to far off for me to contribute in this decision.

Back on track: Robb you really made me realize I've been approaching this wrong. I'm looking at it as an absolute Either BPB or FL and it's something I'm going to have to life with for the rest of my life. But your sentence "If you had more time" Really got me in a way you might not have intended. I have more time, not this year no this year I keep it at 3 parks but I have a much higher chance to return to England then most other countries I have on my bucked list. I'm not surprised to have a second England trip before my first America trip (that doesn't seem to be happening soon.), and then I can chance the game for myself. So the question shouldn't be: "Which park to visit?" No the question should be: "Which park first?"

I do understand why I think the way I think. I'm strongly aware of the sudden twist and turns of life, So I look at it like: "One shot, one opportunity. I must seize everything I want."

Now this makes it all a bit easier on the mind. I can let both parks flow and look at them objectively. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I do want to investigate the BPB system and maybe base a choice out of that.

• 5 months later...

I return at last. I made a choice it's going to be Blackpool and we're departing this Saturday.

Here's the thing we don't drive our car instead we're going by plane then trains and busses. Now we did our fair share of information hunting already but we're stuck on some questions.

We don't want to buy train tickets in advance because we don't want to be stuck on certain trains at certain times this means we're going to buy loose tickets we know it's more expensive but we can't seem to figure out how everything works. For example the Trains station at Blackpool doesn't have a ticket booth how are we suppose to buy ticktes from there? Also busses, we expect we can just buy tickets at the driver, right?

(We are aware on all around England train ticktes but we're too late to buy those, that happens when we plan to do everything last minute. )

I hope TPR has some answers for me left this short notice.