TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

The Looopings-article has some more possible info:

Spectacular news from Walibi Holland: the wooden roller coaster Robin Hood will get replaced next year. The theme park will convert the eighteen year old roller coaster into a hyper modern ‘hybrid coaster’, with wooden supports and a steel rail. This will give a sensational ride filled with intense elements.

“This is many European theme park fans’ dream,” says Walibi-director Mascha van Till to Looopings. “We are therefore very happy to be able to announce it now.” While the wooden construction will remain largely intact, Walibi will supply a totally different ride experience, including new trains.

The Biddinghuizen theme park will partner up with American roller coaster manufacturer Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC).

Van Till was very impressed by the Iron Rattler hybrid coaster in the American theme park Six Flags Fiesta Texas. She does not yet want to reveal the upcoming Robin Hood replacement’s exact lay-out. “The speed will of course be considerably higher. We will announce the rest at a later stage.” There will also be a new theme and a new name.

Europe’s only RMC coaster is now 56 meter tall Wildfire in the Swedish theme park Kolmården, opened in 2016. It has a top speed of 115 km/h. Robin Hood’s top speed is now 80 km/h.

Preperational work for the rigorous remodeling will commence in September 2018. Visitors can still ride the current Robin Hood through October. The new roller coaster is expected to open on July 1st 2019.

Goliath just being 106 km/h (66 m/h) is interesting if the new coaster's speed will be 'considerably higher' than 80.

Edited by sofulsomety

More RMC? Great news! Can't wait to see more details released as the "considerably faster speed, new theme, new name" are just as exciting as the fact that it's going to be RMC. Lost Gravity is a unique name and theme so whatever they have planned for Robin Hood is going to be special!

Wow I definitely didn't see that coming! While not a highly memorable ride, I thought Robin Hood had a fairly decent and fun layout. I didn't have any particular issues with roughness either, but during my ride back in 2016 the lapbar tightened during the ride which made it highly uncomfortable. I'm definitely curious to see what they will do with this one, how much height they will add, etc... that second hill seems perfect for an outward banked hill like the third hill on Steel Vengeance! (just smaller of course)

More RMC? Great news! Can't wait to see more details released as the "considerably faster speed, new theme, new name" are just as exciting as the fact that it's going to be RMC. Lost Gravity is a unique name and theme so whatever they have planned for Robin Hood is going to be special!

This announcement took me by surprise. I've never ridden Robin Hood, but I've never heard anyone say it's a bad ride. It wasn't on my radar for a conversion, but the move makes sense. Vekoma has four coasters at the park including Robin Hood and Vekoma is partnered with RMC to sell coasters in Europe. I can't wait until the layout is revealed. I'm happy to have another reason to go to Europe.

Robin Hood was a decent ride, but it was pretty bumpy when I last rode it in 2016. I think it's a perfect candidate for an RMC overhaul, so this is great news.

Walibi will have Goliath, Lost Gravity, and an RMC--that's a very strong coaster lineup.

Yeah, I didn't even think about the fact that the park will now have Goliath, Lost Gravity and this!!! Burn down the SLC and we've got a top coaster lineup for sure!

Hey now, that's the first Vekoma SLC in the world you're talking about! It should remain as a warning to all mankind. Also,the demonic forces that have taken possession of this thing probably won't allow harm to come to it.

Also: Yay! let's see if RMC lives up to the hype.

The ride was past it's prime in my opinion but it was far for a retirment. The ride was rough but not: "This has to go." rough I usualy rode it only once a day and only if I could directly go into the station, if the queue was on the stairs I would skip it and walk to Goliath. I did once joke "RMC it" never believed that would even be considered by the park, let alone that it became reality. I'm happy that the park could keep it under wraps for this surprise reveal.

I never expected the second European RMC to be that close to home, I had my money on Germany. I still can't believe this.