Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 87 - Robin Hood to get an RMC Make Over for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby walibi owner » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 am

Just found this youtube video of some old pictures.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby walibi owner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Time for a Retheming
[twitter]https://twitter.com/maschavantill/status/954673928181551104[/twitter]

And for 2018...
The restaurant Friar Tucks near Robin Hood will become "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo" a chicken restaurant.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm

I have ridden Les Tours des Jardins and eaten at Friar Tuck's on two past visits. I shall miss them both,
but I LOVE CHICKEN, and this coaster would fit perfect in the Jardins spot.

But keep some of the gardens (and trees) around it, please? :)
IMG_8510.JPG
Au revoir, Les Tours?
IMG_8512.JPG
Votre aussi, Friar Tucks? Both photos taken on Sept.12, 2015.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Hermanus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:26 am

Perfect ride to RMC! The huge trains they have now tear the track apart, best thing they could have done if they didn't GCI it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am

This is fantastic news!! There were rumors for a long time going around about this conversion, but rumors are always just rumors. But I have to admit, if there was one park doing this kind of conversion in Europe right now, I would definitely have said Walibi Holland!

I just can't believe that the first IBox in Europe is coming to a park just an hour away from me! :airtime: :airtimer:
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Postby JordyC » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:56 am

Sorry for the double post, but here's the full article.

Walibi Holland opens new RMC roller coaster in 2019!

27797939_1857192744322507_4849630427589199762_o.jpg

On the 1st of July 2019, Walibi Holland will open the first hybrid roller coaster in Europe. The present wooden roller coaster Robin Hood is being rebuilt by manufacturer RMC into a roller coaster consisting of a combination of wood and steel. In September 2018 RMC and Walibi Holland will start the renovation.

In recent years, we worked hard on the plans for the renovation, which Walibi Holland now announces. Until October 2018, guests can still enjoy the current Robin Hood, after which the ride will be converted into a completely new roller coaster. In September of this year, the first work behind the scenes will start, says Maschio van Till, director. "This is the dream of many amusement park fans in Europe", says Walibi director Mascha van Till. "We are very happy that we can finally announce this."

With the opening of the new roller coaster, Walibi Holland will open the third new attraction in four years. After the virtual reality experience NeuroGen in 2017 and the roller coaster Lost Gravity in 2016, in 2019 Walibi Holland will open a new roller coaster.

The opening of the new Robin Hood in 2019 coincides with other renovations in the area of Sherwood Forest. In the coming years, a part of the park will be taken care of every winter, working on the Main street this winter. The different areas are thematized on the basis of a newly developed styleguide, under the name Festivalization.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:58 am

Woo!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:02 am

JordyC wrote:Sorry for the double post, but here's the full article.

No, don't apologize. The other post was a garbage post with zero information by someone too lazy to actually post good content. I had to go in and fix it.

FYI - If you're not going to bother to take the time to contribute good posts to TPR, don't contribute anything. Posting "just a link" to an announcement will get you temp banned from our forums for being an idiot in the future.

Thank you Jordy for taking the time to post this.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 am

Awesome - have heard that ride was pretty bad.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:07 am

This is outstanding news.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!