TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Based on the survey that Six Flags sent me yesterday (focusing a lot on Superheroes/Supervillains. .tho strangely they ask about both DC and Marvel characters?? (um. . Disney owns Marvel..but ok). . . I get the impression something is coming regarding Suicide Squad just based on some of the questions. . . ) . . .

. . but anyways, tucked away at the end of the survey are a handful of questions regarding a new "sea-themed / pirates" potential shooting ride.

so yeah. . .this is likely what is gonna show up in the Scooby Doo building.

just a guess tho.

ok, my certainty just shot up. . since they forgot to change something in the survey: (LOL)

"Hop into your very own Ship and take a tour of the Open Sea on this exciting adventure through a this exciting new world. You’ll have your own working laser gun to shoot at whatever Pirates pop up. Compete with your van-mates for points—whoever hits the most targets wins!"

so I guess the mystery machine vehicles are gonna get painted to look like ships?

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on WWGL?

nothing I've heard, but the park is closed for another 3 weeks.

Opening weekend is Feb 24, then open weekends, Fri/Sat/Sun (other than whole week of Spring Break) until May 21.

I saw a short video about it on the local news, and Jeffrey Siebert posted this on a Facebook group.

really interesting. (in that video, it's topped off, but it's still not a complete circuit. . they still need to attach the end of the ride to the bottom of the lift hill)

he's got a lot of cool stuff on his FB page, that I am gonna check out now. thanks for sharing!

Finally pulled the trigger this past weekend on booking my first-ever trip to Texas in mid-April. I'm scheduled to fly out to San Antonio on Thursday evening, then my basic game plan is going to be hitting Fiesta Texas on Friday, do a combo of Sea World & ZDT on Saturday, then drive up to Dallas either that night or the following morning to check out SFOT before flying back on Monday morning. Does this sound doable? Any recommendations for non-coaster "must-rides" while I'm at any of the parks?

Hopefully Wonder Woman will be open by that point if they're shooting for a late March opening. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Finally pulled the trigger this past weekend on booking my first-ever trip to Texas in mid-April. I'm scheduled to fly out to San Antonio on Thursday evening, then my basic game plan is going to be hitting Fiesta Texas on Friday, do a combo of Sea World & ZDT on Saturday, then drive up to Dallas either that night or the following morning to check out SFOT before flying back on Monday morning. Does this sound doable? Any recommendations for non-coaster "must-rides" while I'm at any of the parks?

Hopefully Wonder Woman will be open by that point if they're shooting for a late March opening. Keeping my fingers crossed!

note.. Texas is BIG.

from San Antonio to Dallas is gonna be 5 1/2 hours.. and that's IF there's no traffic or construction. .and that's Highly unlikely.

Are you flying BACK from Dallas/FW? or from SA.. if you have to drive back to SA for the flight, it's gonna be brutal.

what I'd do, if I were able to extend to 5 days:

fly into SA, do SFFT

day 2: Sea World - begin drive to Dallas.. maybe spend night in Austin to check out 6th street/entertainment district.

day 3: SFoT

day 4: Dallas to Houston, hit up Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Pleasure Pier

day 5: drive back to SA (from Houston only 3 1/2 hours or so), and stop at ZDT on way back into SA.

just what I would do.. big triangle. but it depends on where your flight is from, and how much time you have.

note.. Texas is BIG.

from San Antonio to Dallas is gonna be 5 1/2 hours.. and that's IF there's no traffic or construction. .and that's Highly unlikely.

Are you flying BACK from Dallas/FW? or from SA.. if you have to drive back to SA for the flight, it's gonna be brutal.

It's all good! I'm used to driving long distances, and at the very least the speed limit is higher down there. And no, I'm not insane, I booked it so I land in SAT and fly out of DFW. Unfortunately I can't really take any more time than this so extending the trip is kinda out of the question at the moment, but I have no doubt that if I enjoy myself down there, I'll be back next year or the year after with the kiddo in tow.

I'm gonna try to make it down to the park for Opening weekend next weekend, but it's looking like my work schedule is gonna be brutal. . so might not be able to until the weekend after (March 3-4).

At Six Flags Over Texas, make sure you try the Yosemite Sam dark ride. I had no clue it existed on my past visit and it was a really cool retro dark ride. Oil Derrick is great for photos and Riddler's Revenge is one of the best frisbee rides out there.

At Fiesta Texas, their flume is very good. It uses the same system as Splash Mountain and the final drop is pretty steep for a flume. I also liked the Scooby Doo Ghostblaster but that's being redone.

I just found out I may be traveling to San Antonio for work in mid-April. I'm sure I'll still enjoy SFFT regardless, but it would be amazing if this is up and running before I get there.

they're advertising mid March here in Austin for the opening

the best part? even if WW is *slammed* it will split the crowd and leave Iron Rattler (and Poltergeist) with shorter lines, so win, win, win regardless!

Just got an email from the park advertising Wonder Woman will be open for Spring Break.

so that's official, they are planning on it being open the week of March 12.

(and they teased passholders could get an earlier peek. . so since season officially starts Sat, I'm guessing they will soft open the 1st weekend in March for passholders)