TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

^ I can't wait to see the rock work and themeing.

It's already so beautiful, I can't wait to see those elements added.

It's going to be so hard to hold off on a visit & pass until Halloween Haunt when they start selling 2019 passes. I already have 2 other passes to other parks and don't want to overdo it. But I just might!

Rail Blazer is looking great! So excited to have this new type of coaster at my home park! On another note: just an observation, all of CGA's rollercoaster lift hills (with the exception of Psycho Mouse) all point in approximately the same direction, is there a reason for this, surely it can't be a coincidence.

Rail Blazer is looking great! So excited to have this new type of coaster at my home park! On another note: just an observation, all of CGA's rollercoaster lift hills (with the exception of Psycho Mouse) all point in approximately the same direction, is there a reason for this, surely it can't be a coincidence.

Woah, I never noticed that before. That does seem kind of odd, right? I wonder if it's somehow noise related or something (although RailBlazer is suppose to have the "silent" lift, and Patriot/Vortex is in the middle of the park). How odd.

According to Inside CGA on Facebook:

"After 30 years of thrills Endeavor is being retired and will be removed from Great America before the park opens for the 2018 season."

What??? I had no idea this was going to happen. No trip to the park was complete for me without going on this.

"After 30 years of thrills Endeavor is being retired and will be removed from Great America before the park opens for the 2018 season."

What??? I had no idea this was going to happen. No trip to the park was complete for me without going on this.

Yeah, showed up on the CGA park blog today. As far as I know there was no announcement before this. https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2018/blazing-new-trails-all-around-the-park

Also taking out a Planet Snoopy ride, "Snoopy’s Splash Dance".

On the plus side, some bathrooms are being renovated and a bunch of midways are being redone. So...there's a lot going on at the park!

The drive wheels on RailBlazer's transfer track are very interesting.

BTW, I was bored so I did this. The area in yellow includes Logger's Run, Snoopy Splash and the plot that you say was FAA approved for 240', plus the lagoon behind Logger's Run. This area is apx 3 acres.

For comparison Valravn is 2.6 acres. Silver Bullet is 2.5 acres and Gold Striker is 2.8 acres. So just take that for what it's worth and run with it. I'll step out of the way now and let the chaos begin. Bwhahahahahahah!!!!! Mwhahahahahah!!!!!

CGA.thumb.jpg.f53758ffc23511a459077e32c0d4452d.jpg

Yeah, showed up on the CGA park blog today. As far as I know there was no announcement before this. https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2018/blazing-new-trails-all-around-the-park

Also taking out a Planet Snoopy ride, "Snoopy’s Splash Dance".

On the plus side, some bathrooms are being renovated and a bunch of midways are being redone. So...there's a lot going on at the park!

Damn! The one ride I never rode or cared for that much in CGA, and now I'll never be able to ride it. I knew I should've ridden it last season when I had the chance.

Oh well. Let's hope something interesting will take place in its location.

Wow... great mapping of the stuff being removed. Hopefully they will kill the go carts and you'll have one enormous area... maybe something like Raging Bull. Shame the park has removed 3 adult rides in the last 2 years. I wonder if removing the Endeavor is a sign that the other ones at Carowinds, Dominion and Valleyfair are in their last days. I prefer the non inverting swinging ships anyway. Lots of exciting activity in this park.

It is a coincidence. Stealth's lift hill was pointed in the other direction.

Do you have any older photos of Top Gun/Flight Deck? CGA is looking for users to submit their photos of the coaster through the years if you have them for the upcoming 25th Anniversary of the ride. Please post them here! Thank you!

IMG_4152.thumb.JPG.3c5bdab78fa061017de89239e61a56cc.JPG

Love watching the train climb from the station!

IMG_4153.thumb.JPG.567d0089c145aa03abeb78d58840d4d0.JPG

IMG_4154.thumb.JPG.058dfb9d132536c7d56757a27e97437c.JPG

IMG_6490.thumb.jpg.197833d6f0390b59dc8edcd1a4de8f6e.jpg

Taken from Eagle's Flight, this is from when Levi's Stadium was still under construction.

IMG_6493.thumb.jpg.0c9eb67f3d9851acf8a80005762e9b09.jpg

Taken from Eagle's Flight, this is from when Levi's Stadium was still under construction.