TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

• 5 months later...

I just saw the Fast Pass pricing (yeah, I've missed this news for a long time!), and I think it's great. If I'm spending all that money to get out there, the last thing I'd want is to miss rides due to long lines. I'd gladly save up that money and include it to the price of the trip.

I agree! The concept art for this is much more exciting than Pixar Pier. It would be very good to see Slinky Dog flat ride on Maliboomer grave site. And RC racer on either side of Screamin' Incredibles.

My only concern about Woody's Roundup, is the artwork shows only one set of 4 "wheels" that the carts travel around.

Compared to the double set of "wheels" at Mater's Jamboree in DCA. Hopefully, it doesn't become too much

of a jam up in the queue, though they appear to have that covered (literally).

But yes ^ it look's like it will be great fun for everybody!

Ok, so this might actually just be the art being wrong. But, there is definately a 5th wheel on the other side of the shed that's in the center. So, its either an even larger, 5 wheel version. Or, there are two separate sides like in Mater's and the art just doesn't accurately depict the final design.

^ omg I believe you're right! You can barely make it out, but between the town facade and the barn there,

you can just make out a couple of the ride vehicles. Interesting find. And maybe you're right, they're going for

five wheels! And the "middle wheel" would be that one right in front of the barn there.

Or ---- it's two sets of three wheels each, and the middle wheel for the upper

set, is very lightly drawn there, left side of lunch box.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot about this news photo I had in my ShDL folder.

It clearly shows (bottom right hand corner?) that there will

be two sets of three(four?) wheels each, for Woody's Roundup.

With the queue building(s) in the middle of it and beside it, it also looks like.

toy-story-land-shanghai-disneyland03.jpg.54e4eac64f94396bf2179adbd35f5e01.jpg

Right beside the news logo, there. That's it!

Truth, I so want to go back to the Disney Resorts of Tokyo and Hong Kong.,.. but Shanghai will be admired from afar, for myself. So far, it's got two great attractions, that everybody is raving about. But after that...... ? And at my age, I want to re-visit the Asian Disney Parks/resorts I've already been to, the sooner the better.

My five cents. No offence to Shanghai Disneyland.

Edited by Nrthwnd

• 3 weeks later...

Shanghai Disneyland has put out a press release showing off the installation of Rex and Trixie in front of the RC Racer coaster in Toy Story Land!

The Rex’s Racer attraction, currently under construction in Shanghai Disneyland’s Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land, celebrated a major milestone this week with the installation of Rex and Trixie, the two beloved dinosaur toys from the popular Disney•Pixar animated film series, Toy Story.

Rex’s Racer is one of the three major attractions coming to Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land, which is the first post-opening project of Shanghai Disney Resort and will become the theme park’s seventh themed land. Guests visiting Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land will feel as if they’ve been shrunk down to the size of their favorite Toy Story toys for laughter and fun with family and friends in the backyard of Andy, the boy from the hit films. Woody, Buzz and their Toy Story friends will come to life and play in this fully immersive land.

After opening, Rex, Andy’s insecure Tyrannosaurus toy, will invite guests to climb into RC Racer for a thrilling ride on the U-shaped track with help from his Triceratops friend, Trixie. With Rex at the controls, RC Racer, with guests aboard, zips forward and backward at ever increasing heights and exhilarating speed.

The other two attractions, Slinky Dog Spin and Woody’s Round-Up, will allow guests to take a seat inside Slinky Dog’s springy spirals and race around a wavy roundabout, or climb aboard the carts pulled by a herd of ponies rounded up by Sheriff Woody. As the ponies start a little square dance, they will swing their carts to and fro in time to the lively music.

The new themed land will also feature a uniquely themed character greeting area, Meeting Post, and immersive shopping and dining experiences, Al’s Toy Barn and Toy Box Café. Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land is set to open on April 26, 2018.

thumb_640_420_20180111045030263.jpg.8be52628def5e1771ac918b7cb049682.jpg

Rex and Trixie were installed at Rex’s Racer at Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land in Shanghai Disneyland

thumb_640_420_20180111045033297.jpg.fa5b378c9e7ce3d774bec97bead44811.jpg

thumb_640_420_20180111045038846.jpg.9cef1b46b028dcfbb7161b0983bd9e69.jpg

Rex and Trixie were installed at Rex’s Racer at Disney•Pixar Toy Story Land in Shanghai Disneyland With Rex at the controls, RC Racer zips forward and backward at ever increasing heights and exhilarating speed

ShDL starts celebrating "The Year of The Dog", after next weekend.

Special events, foods and merchandise available throughout this New Year's celebration.

NewYear2018.jpg.ab9a5fb271d530906f0e5beee25a2d2b.jpg

Chinese New Year falls on Friday, February 16th this year. I bet Pluto's pretty happy about this! (o:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/toy-story-lands-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-shanghai-disneyland-are-set-to-amaze-guests-in-2018/

Earlier this morning, Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, shared exciting new looks at two different Toy Story Lands that are currently under construction at Disney Parks.

Here in the U.S., Toy Story Land is set to open to guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30, 2018. This land will bring with it all the fun, imagination and beloved characters from the “Toy Story” films.

Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

When it opens, guests visiting the land will “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in on the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other favorite pals are having in Andy’s backyard. Here, guests can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit and topped off with Rex and Jessie, while Slinky serves as the coaster vehicle. (See photo above for a new look at the track).

Families will also be able to take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers, a galactic play set that Andy won from Pizza Planet. Here, adorable little green aliens swirl about in their flying saucers with guests in tow in their rocket ship toys, while “The Claw” hangs overhead.

Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008. Now expanded with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.

Woody’s Lunch Box will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window setting. The entire land will serve as a visual celebration of toys, with Crayons, Cooties, Green Army Men, Rubik’s Cubes, Tinkertoys, and other familiar toys and game pieces incorporated into the land’s design.

Bob also shared this amazing behind-the-scenes video that shows the progress that’s being made on Toy Story Lands at both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Shanghai Disneyland. (Toy Story Land at Shanghai Disneyland will include three attractions – Rex’s Racer, Slinky Dog Spin and Woody’s Round-Up – and is on track to open on April 26, 2018). Take a peek at both in the video above.

Which attraction are you most looking forward to experiencing when Toy Story Land opens this summer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – or will you make the trip to Shanghai Disneyland? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!

• 6 months later...

There is a rumor that Zootopia is coming to Shanghai Disneyland! I hope it's true. I always thought this movie property was a good fit for the parks. The post also suggest that this Zootopia land could come to Animal Kingdom as well. We probably won't hear anything until D23 but I am still exited. Thoughts?

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/09/all-new-zootopia-land-coming-soon-to.html

^ I read that somewhere else, too. Quite - the - rumor. Would be awesome, if it's true.

Guess we'll have to wait till/if Disney announces anything. I'm exited, too! (o;

zootopia.jpg.cf1a4a2727034c47b45d779c753cfcaf.jpg

Art concept of (ShDL's?) ZOOTOPIA from the article. (o:

Architect-Geek in me: It will be a pretty awesome, amazing, DUBAI-SIZED, multi-show building!

• 4 months later...

Disney has officially announced that an expansion themed to Zootopia will be coming to Shanghai Disneyland!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/01/zootopia-themed-expansion-coming-to-shanghai-disneyland/

zsd20394802349823fi.thumb.jpg.20af45d3ebb857fe1cb8207d046e0c96.jpg

Today, Shanghai Disney Resort announced that a “Zootopia”-themed land is coming to Shanghai Disneyland, marking the second major expansion since the resort opened in 2016. Based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ hit animated movie, this exciting development will be the park’s eighth themed land and the first-ever “Zootopia”-themed land at any Disney park.

Guests will be invited to experience the mammalian metropolis of Zootopia “where anyone can be anything,” with a new major attraction that will seamlessly blend Disney storytelling and state-of-the-art technology to bring this fan-favorite movie and its characters to life – including Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde. Entertainment, merchandise, and food and beverage offerings will invite guests to fully immerse themselves in the Academy-Award-winning animated movie.

The development of the world’s first “Zootopia”-themed land follows the huge success of the “Zootopia” animated movie globally, particularly in China where it broke box office records to become the country’s No. 1 animated feature film in history.

Construction is targeted to begin later this year! As always, keep your eyes on the Disney Parks Blog for more exciting updates all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort.

Edited by jedimaster1227