TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

^ Daaaammmn Mark...sorry to hear of your past medical conditions, but glad that you're mended enough to finally get on some coasters and rides!

Hopefully we will be able to get Michael on some rides again after his cancer scare, horrible surgical snafu's and extended hospital stay, but one step at a time.

• 2 months later...

Last month on an RV trip to Disney World with some relatives, I had the chance to sneak away from Epcot for a couple of hours and ride an Uber to Fun Spot Kissimmee strictly for Mine Blower. Since it was a Monday evening, the ride was a walk-on, and they were very quick to get me on, lap it, and off. My last ride on it, they let me stay on and re-scanned my card for that last go.

To sum it my thoughts, I'd be pretty redundant if I were to say it indeed blew my mind! That coaster was fantastic! So much action packed into such a small space! Also gotta love that sweet, sweet barrel roll over the station giving some hang time as well!

As djcoastermark stated in his post, the ride's not "rough," but it is a little intense. Lots of quick directional changes, airtime hops, and laterals aplenty. Though having come from lapping Voyage at HW this year a few times this past Fall, I can say Mine Blower is nowhere on that level of roughness. I favored the backseat on this for the pop of airtime on the first drop, though getting to do both front and back seats on my 4 rides gave slightly differing rides. Still, this coaster's a sure winner for Kissimmee Fun Spot, and I'd absolutely advise anyone in the area to drop by for a few laps on it!

_QD_8934(Edited).thumb.jpg.a02c0bd297169cb4a89475633032c3bc.jpg

First time on Timberliner train too. Seats were comfortable enough! Wasn't used to there being no seatbelt, especially for a coaster that inverts and pulls airtime, but it didn't keep me from lapping it 4 times! Loved it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Does Fun Spot America still offer the same day combo pass for both parks at the parks ?

As of my visit before Thanksgiving, they didn't offer it at the park and I ended up getting the season pass.

It ended up working out well since I needed a second day at the Orlando location due to Freedom Flyer breaking down.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from FunSpot in Kissimmee and had a blast. No pics, but just wanted to say, if you are in the Orlando area, don't pass this park up. Currently they are offering the wristband pass and for only 10 bucks more you can add the SkyCoaster to your adventure. I have the season pass and this month was bring a friend for free days and brought a newbie. They were blown away with this little park. (Jan, May, and Nov, bring a friend free days.) No pics, but Mine Blower (6 rides) is running great ! Dang that coaster is intense. The Flying Bobs they have also was running an insane program forwards and backwards. Don't know if it was because it is slow season or not. Also the Screaming Swings were being rebuilt and the new location will be awesome. They are going over the Midway and also on the edge of the lake. Mixed the rides up with a few beers during their evening Happy Hour and it was nirvana.

Also the Screaming Swings were being rebuilt and the new location will be awesome. They are going over the Midway and also on the edge of the lake. Mixed the rides up with a few beers during their evening Happy Hour and it was nirvana.

That sounds awesome! Cool to see that the park is changing... possible room for expansion?

Just got back from FunSpot in Kissimmee and had a blast. No pics, but just wanted to say, if you are in the Orlando area, don't pass this park up. Currently they are offering the wristband pass and for only 10 bucks more you can add the SkyCoaster to your adventure. I have the season pass and this month was bring a friend for free days and brought a newbie. They were blown away with this little park. (Jan, May, and Nov, bring a friend free days.) ...

Hey, can you hold on till, say.....2023 when we FINALLY get to WDW? Then, point us to where to get The Pass, etc.

And I want that Souvenir Cup!!!

Drinking06.JPG.c216d5b3174cae0759c11ccba6019cda.JPG

"It all started with the Surf Lounge cup at Cedar Point, Officer...June 2, 2017."

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, has Fun Spot ever closed White Lightning or Mine Blower for annual maintenance? I stopped in for a visit at the Kissimmee location after a day at Disney and just thought of that.

After a day of crowds at Disney it's extremely refreshing to visit a park where basically everything is a walk-on.

I'm sure they do, but they don't advertise it. When I visited the Kissimmee location last March, the Larson Flying Scooters were undergoing maintenance.

On another note, I'm surprised the Kissimme location has yet to reopen their S&S Screaming Swing after it was decided to relocate it to accommodate Mine Blower.

Yes, Funspot does close White Lightning for maint. I was there once when they were retracking the ride so didn't get to ride it that day. Still had fun and went back a month later and it was done and running great as usual. Didn't mind WL was closed as I have a season pass. I believe they posted the maint closure dates on their website shortly before the work started. The work was done right before IAAPA , IIRC.

Sounds like bad news is coming to the Orlando park as it seems like the Paratrooper is moving to the recently acquired Fun Junction USA.

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.7f1ba14a959ae004c2392d2adb16d0c7.jpg

But on the flipside, it appears it will be replaced by one of those inverting frisbees.

I just hope the paratrooper stays open in Orlando through March 9th.

Well now I won't get to ride it. I've never been on one. I should have when I had the armband back in September. Oh well. I guess I can go to the one in Kissimmee if I want to ride one (unless I end up at a fair with one).

Honestly, the one in Kissimmee is very good compared to most parks. This one was on another level though. It was also rim driven, and the rim driven Paratroopers that load 2 at a time are much better than their counterparts that come to the ground to load.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a zen ride on the Orlando Paratrooper a couple nights ago and I'm even more pissed now that it's leaving.

Also, I got my first rides on Mine Blower today and it's one of those "What in the holy hell just happened" kind of rides. A complete, balls to the wall insane ride with a lot of strong airtime that began to bruise my leg after marathoning it. Easily a top-5 woodie for me. So it's safe to say m mine has been blown.