Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 119 - H20 Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:38 pm

^ These stations look very nice. I especially like the EPCOT one. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby prospekt88 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:07 pm

This along with everything else coming to the resort over the next few years is really impressive looking. Can't even imagine the crowds that will be flocking to Hollywood Studios so every additional way of getting people in and out of the area is very welcome.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 am

This morning we attended the ribbon cutting and grand opening for "Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire" at Disney Springs. This is a Virtual Reality experience created by the folks at The Void who also created the Ghostbusters experience that you can find in New York City as well as other locations. This is a brand new experience and storyline written exclusively for this attraction. From the description we were given, here is how the story unfolds...

A galaxy far, far away needs your help. In groups of four, be transported with family and friends into Star WarsTM: Secrets of the Empire.
Under the orders of the budding rebellion, you and your friends will travel to the molten planet of Mustafar. Your mission is to recover Imperial intelligence vital to the rebellion’s survival. Alongside the pragmatic droid K-2S0, your team must navigate through an enemy facility walking into danger at every turn. Disguised as Stormtroopers, grab your blaster, solve puzzles, and fight giant lava monsters in an effort to complete your mission.

tl:dr - You shoot a lot of stuff and "Star Wars" things happen in a very impressive virtual reality way!

Here is the official trailer for the attraction:

The experience and the "game" is great! Easily the best VR attraction I've done. I loved the targeting system with out accurate and responsive it was. You really feel as though you are transported into the Star Wars world and everything around you that you can touch and interact with becomes alive! There are even moments when you're standing on a platform with nothing else around you and looking down into an abyss that your brain tells you that DANGER is right over that edge, even though you know you're just inside a little room with nothing dangerous at all! It's just wonderful!

Here are some photos from this morning...
IMG_8282.JPG
We are here bright and early for the ribbon cutting at Disney Springs!

IMG_8283.JPG
We are about to "Step Beyond Reality!"

IMG_8316.JPG
The four key members of each company involved say a few words and then...

IMG_8344.JPG
it's time for a ribbon cutting!

IMG_8352.JPG
And just like that, the ribbon is cut at the attraction is officially OPEN!

The first thing you see is the "avatar selection" area where you must choose your Stormtrooper disguise.

IMG_8382.JPG
I honestly look much better as a Stormtrooper. The outfit is quite slimming, don't you think? :)

IMG_8388.JPG
Here's a look at the vest that you wear like a backpack. The technology is great because when you get hit by an enemy blaster, you do FEEL it!

IMG_8386.JPG
Here is the headset. It was quite comfortable, even when wearing glasses.

IMG_8396.JPG
Here I am all suited up and ready to go!

SWSOTE_Still_1 copy.jpg
The visuals during the experience are fantastic! When you step off onto those platforms, you really do feel like you are up in the air and your sense of balance comes into play so you don't fall over the side!

SWSOTE_Still_2 copy.jpg
The targeting system is FANTASTIC! Much better than any other VR I've done. The aiming, accuracy, and responsiveness really makes for the "game" aspect of it to be very realistic.

SWSOTE_Still_3 copy.jpg
And yes, you will encounter some familiar characters during your adventure!

THE-VOID-Group-Shot copy.jpg
While this is a "production still" it give you an idea of the look of the blasters and probably the actual looks on people's faces as you reach out to see your own hands, shoot each other in the face (yes, you can do that! lol) and check out the VR surroundings!

SWSOTE.jpg
More information including how to book tickets can be found at https://www.thevoid.com/ and we do recommend it! Was a great experience!

More information including how to book tickets can be found at https://www.thevoid.com/ and we do recommend it! Was a great experience!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:47 am

This looks really great. I like the laser tag type vests; seems like they really help with the immersion level.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:45 am

I am so excited for this to open in Anaheim!! This looks great!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterBoasterBob » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 am

Rob! Im super excited to try this experience. Is it like a maze or do you stay in one room the entire time.
Use the Force Harry-Gandalf :cool:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 am

CoasterBoasterBob wrote:Rob! Im super excited to try this experience. Is it like a maze or do you stay in one room the entire time.

You do move to different locations, but that's all I'm going to say!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am

robbalvey wrote:The experience and the "game" is great! Easily the best VR attraction I've done. I loved the targeting system with out accurate and responsive it was. You really feel as though you are transported into the Star Wars world and everything around you that you can touch and interact with becomes alive! There are even moments when you're standing on a platform with nothing else around you and looking down into an abyss that your brain tells you that DANGER is right over that edge, even though you know you're just inside a little room with nothing dangerous at all! It's just wonderful!

Coming from someone with a background in video games this is pretty cool to hear. I didn't know anything about the project until you posted it and it sounds like a great time. Really happy to see these experiences evolving year over year.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 2.46.32 PM.png

Lake Buena Vista (Dec. 18, 2017) – Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Walt Disney Parks and
Resorts announce the renewal of their long-lasting relationship with the creation of a brand-new show
to premiere at Disney Springs. The two entertainment companies first teamed up to bring La Nouba to
the stage in 1998. Twenty years later, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Walt Disney Parks and
Resorts are working together on a new project.

The new show created by Cirque du Soleil in collaboration with Disney will draw its inspiration from
Disney's heritage of animation. It will celebrate Disney’s legacy of storytelling in Cirque du Soleil’s
signature way, with a tribute to the one-of a kind craftsmanship that makes Disney so extraordinary.
“This long-standing relationship is built on mutual esteem and the success achieved by our two creative
businesses throughout the past two decades with La Nouba,” said Tiffany Rende, Senior Vice President,
Corporate Alliances and Operating Participants, The Walt Disney Corporation. “We look forward to our
continued collaboration with Cirque du Soleil in developing this new show that will honor Disney
animation’s rich history.”

After paying homage to some of entertainment’s greatest artists, such as The Beatles and Michael
Jackson, Cirque du Soleil will leap into the iconic world of Disney.

Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, added “We are incredibly
inspired by Disney’s immense creative universe. We are convinced that bringing Disney’s magic to life on
stage will touch audiences and bring them back to their childhood.”

The curtain will close on La Nouba on Dec. 31, 2017. Since its première, La Nouba has entertained more
than 11 million guests and has performed close to 9,000 shows. There have been over 2.8 million flips in
the PowerTrack act and the wardrobe department has handled over 21 million costumes and
headpieces.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:48 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:12 pm

^^ as a HUGE Cirque *and* Disney nerd. . .

"YAAAAYYYYYY!!!"
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!