Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 253 - Epcot Festival of the Holidays! New Christmas Event
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:03 pm

What's this? We have another "festival" event at Epcot? That now makes FOUR festivals annually if you include Food & Wine, Flower & Garden, International Art, and now what used to be Holidays Around the World has now been plussed up into what is being called "Epcot International Festival of the Holidays." Trust me, I am *NOT* complaining in the least bit because Epcot festivals are IMO some of the best times to be had at Walt Disney World and we are getting closer to Epcot having year-around festivals and I am not upset by this in the least bit!

This year's Festival of the Holidays takes the past Christmas events at Epcot and amps them up quite a bit! There are new "Holiday Kitchens" around World Showcase (the Food & Wine booths that so many of us are familiar with), new entertainment, new food & beverage offerings, and overall just a really awesome time to be had during the holidays at Epcot!

Here's some photos & videos from the first TWO days I spent at the event!

NOTE: This update was originally posted live on our Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview

Good morning from @WDWToday #Epcot! We will be checking out #FestivalOfTheHolidays all day today!

Chip n Dale fans rejoice! They are the mascots for Epcot’s #FestivalOfTheHolidays!

Grab your event guide and get ready to explore the holidays at Epcot!

The Odyssey has been transformed into the "Festive Center" for the holidays.

If you’re a fan of Chip n Dale you can watch their classic Christmas cartoon in the Festive Center!

“Holiday kitchens, entertainment, and merchandise have been expanded for this new #Epcot International Festival of the Holidays.”

We are about to make you very hungry as we sample some of the new Holiday Kitchen offerings!

Yes! The Cheese Fondue is back and it is WONDERFUL!!! Highly recommended!

The new Holiday Kitchen in Canada has two new offerings this year! The Tourterie was wonderful!

You’ll find Holiday Markets around World Showcase for all your Christmas Disney merchandise needs!

Two #Epcot icons in one shot!

We are currently looking for Chip n Dale’s around World Showcase! We found one, but we won’t tell you where this is!

Here are the Chip n Dale themed button sets you can choose from when you complete the scavenger hunt!

OMG! I love Belle in her red Christmas dress!

It wouldn’t be a Christmas event without Santa & Mrs. Claus! You can meet them next to American Adventure!

If visiting Santa isn’t your thing, there’s also the jolly, jolly, jolly British version Father Christmas over in the England pavilion!

I’m not sure if cheese fondue and grapefruit beer is officially a good combo, but we think it’s delicious!

There are more Holiday Kitchens around World Showcase this year and #Epcot’s new holiday event feels more like one of their seasonal festivals! We love it!

Yes... this is a Chip n Dale themed holiday event and we think that is AMAZING!!! More Chip n Dale merchandise, please!

Chip n Dale fans! You an get this new #FestivalOfTheHolidays shirt and they will sit right on your back shoulder!

I thought these Christmas decorations over in the France pavilion were pretty cool!

Wow! The French Canadian Tourtiere was wonderful. That and the fondue are so far my “must haves” of this event!

Tonight's Candlelight Processional host!

Loved tonight’s Candlelight Processional hosted by @AnaGasteyer! She was fantastic! Watch the replay of our live stream:

If you’re a fan of the Candlelight Processional, booking a dinner package is the way to go! Here’s some info on options and pricing.

Look, I am not a “religious person” at all, but that doesn’t stop the Candlelight Processional from being a GREAT show filled with wonderful music!

Here are more of the cookies from the “Cookie Nook!” They are all good, but that cream cheese ginger snap... OMG!

The #EpcotHolidays Christmas tree lit up at night!

The last 60 seconds of Holiday Illuminations is just bonkers! Watch this clip over & over!

What a fantastic day @WDWToday #EpcotHolidays! The new Festival of the Holidays is just a wonderful time to be here! In fact, I’m coming back tomorrow!

I said we would be back today and we’re back!

Starting out with two items I didn’t try yesterday.. Mongolian beef bun & pork rice bowl! I I recommend both!

Of course @ElissaAlvey is already sucking down all the Potstickers! Good luck getting any for yourself!

Because one fondue isn’t enough for @ElissaAlvey! Seriously, the fondue is the highlight of @WDWToday #EpcotHoliday Kitchens!

We just found Chip n Dale in #Japan! Won’t give away the actual location but we hope they sell this one at some point because we love it!

Thank you again for reading and to those of you who followed us LIVE on Twitter during this update! Now please...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:05 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:14 pm

So, with a TON of Chip & Dale stuff available..... how's Elissa's wallet doing? :wink:

And out of all that glorious-looking food available.....what the heck is "Canadian ketchup"?
Is there maple syrup in it, or something like that? Never heard of a specific kind, like that.

Awesome TR, Robb! Thanks for posting all of it.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:So, with a TON of Chip & Dale stuff available..... how's Elissa's wallet doing? :wink:

So far so good, only because I can't decide what to get!!!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:28 pm

^ :lol: And this photo that Robb took of the sign...would make a great pin/button/ornament for the HollyDays. :)
DP0IsmxUQAA0YmN.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Great looking food, Chip & Dale (two of my favorites) and Ana Gasteyer?

Soooooo jealous right now!!! ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh wow, every Epcot event is amazing! Seems like no matter when you go, there's something special going on.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Genx24 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:56 pm

I had the opportunity to visit this festival last week. It's absolutely outstanding.
Skyrush/El Toro/Boulder Dash/Superman/New Texas Giant/Phantom's Revenge/Wicked Cyclone/Phoenix/Stormrunner/Xcelerator
Total coasters: 122

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:18 pm

GAH!

even tho I just ate dinner, now I'm hungry again, looking at all that spectacular food.

(and so much Chip N Dale is a bonus).

looks like a great Holiday festival.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:47 am

robbalvey wrote:What's this? We have another "festival" event at Epcot? That now makes FOUR festivals annually if you include Food & Wine, Flower & Garden, International Art, and now what used to be Holidays Around the World has now been plussed up into what is being called "Epcot International Festival of the Holidays." Trust me, I am *NOT* complaining in the least bit because Epcot festivals are IMO some of the best times to be had at Walt Disney World and we are getting closer to Epcot having year-around festivals and I am not upset by this in the least bit!

I agree with this completely!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:34 am

I seriously cannot wait to have more of that fondue! This looks like another great festival for Epcot--and more delicious food for me to fawn over! :lover:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!