Holidays at the Disneyland Resort 2017!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort 2017!

Postby ILoveRides » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 pm

The Holidays are almost here, which means "Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" is back! During the holiday season there’s always so much to see, taste, and experience at the Disneyland Resort. Among the highlights this year at Disney California Adventure (DCA) are the “Festival of Holidays,” where you can experience diverse cultural holidays with delicious food and entertainment, “Mater’s Jingle Jamboree” and “Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl” musical ride overlays in Cars Land, and “World of Color - Season of Light,” a special holiday version of World of Color. Over at Disneyland there’s,“A Christmas Fantasy” parade, two of the best holiday ride overlays ever: “Haunted Mansion Holiday” and “It’s a Small World Holiday,” and “Believe... In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular. Spears was there to check out some of this year’s highlights - and for the first time ever she did the whole report: the photos, the writeup, everything! - so if you enjoy the report be sure to say “Great job Spears!” Take it away Spears...
001.JPG
After parking, I strolled through Downtown Disney and enjoyed the decorations. It starts with the holiday banners.
002.JPG
I love the Christmas trees made of ornaments! The decorations were grouped by color. There was red, blue, green and white.
002a.JPG
It wouldn’t be Christmas without amazing merchandise! There were holiday sweaters and ears.
002b.JPG
The pom-pom Minnie Ears were my favorite.
003.JPG
About to check in!
004.JPG
I got to meet Minnie and Mickey dressed in their best holiday attire.
005.JPG
Minnie and Mickey Mouse strike-a-pose.
006.JPG
Next, we took a tour of the recently renovated Grand Californian Hotel. The first stop was the “Grand” New Gingerbread House. This was the biggest gingerbread house that I had ever seen!
007.JPG
When I arrived, the house was still being decorated. The entire room smelled of fresh gingerbread.
008.JPG
The Christmas tree was breathtaking from the 4th floor!
009.JPG
We were able to tour one of the recently renovated suites on the 4th floor. It had a private balcony, a living room, and it even had a wine cooler. All of the art was created especially for the hotel.
010.JPG
The suites are able to sleep more than 6 guests. It felt like home-away-from home and so much more.
011.JPG
At DCA, we stopped at the "Festival of Holidays." This event celebrates food and cultures from around the world. This event runs from November 10, 2017-January 7, 2018.
012.JPG
There is limited edition merchandise (Can be found near the Little Mermaid ride.) The merchandise focuses on diverse holidays: Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanza and Three Kings Day.
013.JPG
I’m starting to get hungry... time for food!
014.JPG
So many tantalizing treats! Looks at those gingerbread rice crispy treats!
015.JPG
The delicious treats continue with peppermint marshmallow wands, chocolate yule logs, and gingerbread candy apples.
016.JPG
There is something for everyone!
017.JPG
They brought back the ever popular “Roasted Turkey Slider.” New this year, there will be a “Ham Slider” too!
018.JPG
Love the Goofy popcorn bucket, it’s a must have.
019.JPG
There is a handy-dandy "Tasting Passport." It lists all of the foods and beverages, as well as a map so you can easily find all of your favorite treats. It helped me find my favorite booth, which was booth #5, "Brew and Bites." I got the warm bavarian pretzel with whole-grained dijon mustard and the raspberry sour beer. It was the biggest pretzel ever!
020.JPG
Just look at that pretzel!
021.JPG
Next, I tried the chana masala with grilled garlic naan, from booth #7 "Classic Crocks and Casseroles." I wish I had more time to check out all of the food.
022.JPG
It wouldn’t be a holiday event without amazing entertainment. I was excited to see the ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party.
023.JPG
This show celebrates traditional Hispanic culture, dancing and music.
024.JPG
It’s the Three Caballeros (from left to right): Panchito, Donald Duck and José Carioca.
025.JPG
The party keeps getting bigger and bigger, with more dancers joining the festivities.
026.JPG
Drums!
027.JPG
Minnie and Mickey join the party!
028.JPG
When the sun sets, come check out all of the amazing live bands. Tonight’s feature was ‘Phat Cat Swinger.’ This was a band from Canada that puts a jazz/big band twist onto all of your favorite Christmas songs.
029.JPG
The band featured a bass, drums, saxophones, stand-up bass, trumpet and tuba.
030.JPG
Each song show-cased the individual musicians. I didn’t want the show to end! Don’t forget to check out the nightly shows. There are 5 other bands performing which include: Mariachi Divas, The Sound, Mostly Kosher, Blue13 Dance Company and the Holiday Toy Drummers. Check the schedule to see the times for the shows.
031.JPG
Time to check out the rest of DCA!
032.JPG
Cars Land is all decked out for the holidays!
033.JPG
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is now “Mater’s Jingle Jamboree” and Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters is now “Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl!”
034.JPG
Carthay Circle looks classy as always.
035.JPG
I love all of the hidden details!
036.JPG
Bye DCA, heading over to Disneyland.
037.JPG
Disneyland’s Main Street is breathtaking!
038.JPG
039.JPG
Winter has taken over the castle and it’s covered in snow!
040.JPG
This is the best time of the year to see the castle!
040a.JPG
041.JPG
My favorite part of the holiday celebration is “It’s a Small World Holiday.”
042.JPG
There are FastPasses available for this ride. So awesome!
044.JPG
045.JPG
Every 15-minutes, there is a light show projected onto the exterior of the ride.
046.JPG
Let’s jump into a boat and take the happiest boat ride in the world!
047.JPG
Season's Greetings!
048.JPG
This is one of my favorite rooms!
049.JPG
Welcome to the jungle!
050.JPG
¡Feliz Navidad!
051.JPG
We are going under the sea to see Ariel.
052.JPG
Lilo caught a big wave.
053.JPG
Mele Kalikimaka!
054.JPG
Happy Holidays!
055.JPG
The finale of the night was the “Believe...in Holiday Magic” fireworks display. This was my first time viewing the show in front of Small World. It was great because they closed the queue before the fireworks, so it was empty in front of us.
056.JPG
Fireworks + projections = win!
058.JPG
OOoooo! AAAhhhhhhh!
059.JPG
Blue fireworks!
060.JPG
Rainbow fireworks!
061.JPG
Fairy Dust!
063.JPG
Red fireworks!
064.JPG
The finale!
066.JPG
I’m so sad to be leaving, but I love the beautiful view on the way out!
067.JPG
I had a wonderful time seeing the Holiday offerings at The Disneyland Resort! Thanks to Disney for the wonderful experience. "Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" runs through January 07, 2018 - don’t miss it!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Holidays at the Disneyland Resort 2017!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:04 am

<sighs> It's all so beautiful, festive, colourful....and the decorations are great, too! :wink:

So many food and beverages ^ to choose from. Constantly impressed with Disney and what they come up with.

Great Disneyland/DCA Holiday TR! Thanks for sharing it!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Very nice! They really go all out.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 am

Thanks for the report about DLR's Christmas festivities! The parks always look great, and I particularly like how they decorate Cars Land

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 pm

"Wow wow wow!" (as Gordon Ramsay would say ;) ) I love wintertime, and Disney sure knows how to do the season right!
Thanks for a 'technicolor' Report.

Alice

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 pm

The castle looks absolutely STUNNING! WOW. I'm always amazed at how all out Disney goes...the park looks just gorgeous. Great first TR Spears. Thank you for sharing!

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 pm

"Great Job Spears!"

I love Disneyland during the Holiday season. Halloween and Christmas at Disneyland are always so awesome. It's great to see the many offerings that both parks are offering this year. I'm totally going to get a Tasting Passport if I ever make it out there! I'm starting to like how CarsLand is starting to decorate for the different holidays now. I don't remember them doing that in the past so it's fun to see what the "Cars" are up to.

Jimmy "Great Job Spears!" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Sluggo77 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Great report. Thanks for sharing!

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!