IAAPA 2017 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Day 2 coverage begins
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: IAAPA 2017 Trade Show LIVE Updates from TPR!

Postby Garet » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 am

SharkTums wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:BTW, I have gathered that most people here don't consider Larson Fireballs or Superloops to be roller coasters, going as far as to mock SiX Flags for adding one and calling it a coaster. So then why are so many here calling these Skyline rides roller coasters when they seem to just be glorified superloops?

I can speak for Robb and myself that we called it a roller coaster in the updates because they are calling it one at the show, on the press materials, etc. Do I believe personally that it's a coaster? NO!

This is one of the reasons I've never kept a coaster count. I don't want to debate what counts/doesn't and just have fun. I'd probably pick a new flat to try or a re-ride on a coaster I like over a credit anyday. I always feel that if it's what the manufacturers want to sell it as or the people who paid for the ride want to use to market it as, then just to respect that and disagree among friends or online vs actually at the parks where kids are sxcited for a "coaster" (Personally I wouldn't call disko coasters and this roller-coasters but I'm not going to belittle people who do). Although I think if anyone started really caring enough to debate it for hours instead of just riding the ride and having fun my friend list would quickly get much smaller.

That and the day my son is big enough to ride bigger rides and gets off his first coaster and run off excitedly to tell his school friends, would follow the day I sit him down and tell him that he's old enough to know he can't count that dragon coaster as his first anymore because it didn't coast enough or had too many tyres on the track (I've heard people debate Lotte World's Comet Express once when I was in line by some visiting enthusiasts) is the day I should stop with this hobby... Yea, I'm going to let him ride a skyloop or RC Racer and just have fun. ;) :p

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:16 am

ALT2870 wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:^ I hope you're right.

BTW, I have gathered that most people here don't consider Larson Fireballs or Superloops to be roller coasters, going as far as to mock SiX Flags for adding one and calling it a coaster. So then why are so many here calling these Skyline rides roller coasters when they seem to just be glorified superloops?

It's a joke started by coasterbill. So many people here were complaining about it he started calling them coasters just to piss those people off. I personally love it. I don't think there is a time I haven't laughed.

:lol: Pretty much this... I can't for the life of me understand why people care so much if people refer to them as coasters. They're super fun rides that always look great, generally have awesome lighting packages and are great additions to just about any regional park. That's all I care about. For what they are, these things are actually really good and the new models look insane.

If you think they're coasters, wonderful. If you don't think they're coasters, wonderful. If you get all bent out of shape and filled with fanboy rage when someone calls it a coaster even though you don't think it's a coaster then you need to go get laid.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Dombot » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:25 am

coasterbill wrote:If you think they're coasters, wonderful. If you don't think they're coasters, wonderful. If you get all bent out of shape and filled with fanboy rage when someone calls it a coaster even though you don't think it's a coaster then you need to go get laid.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :nina:
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Imagineer Josh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:03 am

One of these years I'll get down there... I feel like I miss out on so much up here in Illinois.
Coaster Count - 127
Top 10 Coasters: 1. Voyage - 2. Lightning Rod - 3. X2 - 4. Storm Chaser - 5. Maverick - 6. Twisted Colossus - 7. Goliath (SFGAm) - 8. Millennium Force - 9. Cornball Express - 10. Magnum XL-200
Top 5 Parks: 1. Dollywood - 2. Holiday World - 3. Cedar Point - 4. Universal's Islands of Adventure - 5. Six Flags Magic Mountain

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ElvisLuv » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 am

:nina:
AJK wrote:Has that M&V out-and-back been built yet anywhere? I really like that layout especially because it seems to be reintroducing the minimalistic layout that CCI introduced with Shivering Timbers.

It seems to be a catalog item that has small layout options as posted on TPR before
[img]http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/fireball_427.jpeg
[/img]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ElvisLuv » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 am

:nina:
AJK wrote:Has that M&V out-and-back been built yet anywhere? I really like that layout especially because it seems to be reintroducing the minimalistic layout that CCI introduced with Shivering Timbers.

It seems to be a catalog item that has small layout options as posted on TPR before
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/fireball_427.jpeg

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 am

coasterbill wrote:If you get all bent out of shape and filled with fanboy rage when someone calls it a coaster even though you don't think it's a coaster then you need to go get laid.

...or at least stop reading TPR.

(C'mon Bill...why do you give these people an impossible goal???) :lmao: :lol: :p
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 am.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:49 am

I am so damn impressed by Skyline Attractions products! That Horizon model looks badass. I hope one pops up soon cause I’ll make a trip to ride it. Haven’t been this stoked for a flat in a long time.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:49 am

robbalvey wrote:(C'mon Bill...why do you give these people an impossible goal???) :lmao: :lol: :p

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am

We are back at IAAPA HQ for more updates! Follow along!
Day 2 Entrance.jpg
Pre 01.jpg
Checking out the Premier Rides booth! Makers of some of our favorite roller coasters & attractions!
Pre 02.jpg
Pre 03.jpg
Last edited by cfc on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!