Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

P. 10: Forbidden Caves announced for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:^Germans are also human

Hold up a second. There's no way German beer is made by humans. It's too perfect.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 am

Serious accident with attraction in Bobbejaanland: Man in critical condition

281017dicht3.jpg

A 67-year-old man was seriously injured in Bobbejaanland, this Saturday afternoon. He fell five meters down when he wanted to board Aztek Express. He is in critical condition.

The accident occurred at the Aztek Express, a fast Mexican-style Caterpillar ride around 15 o'clock. Upon entering the attraction, the 67-year-old man from Antwerp fell between two gondolas, five meters down.

The spokeswoman does not know how this accident happened. "That's really a mystery to us. We find it hard to reconstruct the whole story. The attraction is currently closed for further investigation."

The man was brought to the hospital in critical condition by the emergency services.

281017dicht1.jpg

281017dicht2.jpg

cbd65ae2-bbe9-11e7-9a1c-58ead753e167_web_scale_0.2083333_0.2083333__.jpg

ccecec84-bbe9-11e7-9a1c-58ead753e167_web_scale_0.15625_0.15625__.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:50 am

JordyC wrote:The spokeswoman does not know how this accident happened. "That's really a mystery to us. We find it hard to reconstruct the whole story. The attraction is currently closed for further investigation."

I'm just about as confused as she is. I don't fully understand how it's possible?

But in any case I hope everything turns out fine and that the man has a speedy recovery.

Postby JordyC » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:13 am

^Indeed, I do not fully understand it either. As you can see in the picture below, the space between two cars is at most 40 centimeters. How is it possible to precisely fall in that gap?

Anyway, I hope he will fully recover.
pic4_big.jpg
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:49 pm

It must have occurred at the higher end of the ride. Many someone trying to climb from one car into another.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby indyv » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:49 am

Personally, I think that the man must have got some kind of an attack, because he's family (who was there with him) didn't see it happen.
I was there last night and the park cancelled the fireworks out of respect for everybody who is involved.
Here are some videos of the news (in Dutch):
https://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/man-valt-tussen-attractie-bobbejaanland
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2017/10/28/man-zwaargewond-bij-val-in-bobbejaanland/

Anyway, I hope he fully recovers.
Top 10 coasters: 1. Blue fire Europa Park 2. Expedition GeForce Holiday Park 3. Taron Phantasialand 4. Silver Star Europa Park 5. Flug der Dämonen Heide Park 6. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney Studios Park 7. Anubis The Ride Plopsaland 8. Sky Scream Holiday Park 9. Wodan Europa Park 10. OzIris Parc Astérix

Postby JordyC » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am

Some very sad news from Bobbejaanland today.

Sadly, the victim of the accident in Bobbejaanland passed away. This Saturday, he was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Today, he died as a result of his injuries.

Aztek Express will remain closed for the rest of the season. This is the first deadly accident at Bobbejaanland.

RIP
Quality Over Quantity

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!