TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Everland does something similar with T Express. They also turn one of the safari bus rides into a zombie attraction at night where the buses drive through zombie filled areas after the animals have been moved out. Always thought that could have been a thing if Rhino Rally had been still around.

This years event looks great. I love Halloscream and honestly have always preferred it to Horror Nights. Awesome night rides on great coasters, really cool atmosphere since the park itself is dark and densely landscaped, and great houses. It always felt like the scareactors at HOS put more effort into it and have more fun than the one at HHN do to.

We just got back from the event and it was tremendous as always. We had an absolute blast.

I'll have a trip report coming up soon but I just wanted to say that whoever decided to put a "Choose Thy Fate" sign between the twin Vortex tunnels in Deathwater Bayou as a jab at Dueling Dragons is awesome.

We just got back from the event and it was tremendous as always. We had an absolute blast.

I'll have a trip report coming up soon but I just wanted to say that whoever decided to put a "Choose Thy Fate" sign between the twin Vortex tunnels in Deathwater Bayou as a jab at Dueling Dragons is awesome.

Howl O' Scream always looks and sounds so awesome. I can't wait until I can visit someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Just planned a cruise out of Tampa for May 2018! I'll be there an extra day so I'm heading to the park on a Monday (might not get there to noon-ish depending on getting offf the ship), is one day enough to explore the park plus ride all the coasters? I have never been to the park so I'm hoping I can take my time and enjoy it!

I'll be at the park next month late on Sunday (when they're open until 10) and then I have until about 5 pm the next day until I have to leave for my flight.

I think I'll have about 2 hours in the park on Sunday. Which rides in particular are better at night? The one I've heard a few times is Cheetah Hunt so that's the top one on my list so far.

I don't know of any coasters at Busch Gardens that are significantly better at night. They're all amazing all the time. I guess Cheetah Hunt is the best one I could think of, but Montu gives absurdly forceful rides when it's been running all day, as does Kumba.

Remember:

Montu: Back row, right side (closest to the platform)

Kumba: Back row, right side also (but here that's the seat furthest from the platform)

There will be a quiz later. You're welcome in advance. I rarely have a strong preference between the left and right side of the train, but on these two you should probably take notes.

I don't know of any coasters at Busch Gardens that are significantly better at night. They're all amazing all the time. I guess Cheetah Hunt is the best one I could think of, but Montu gives absurdly forceful rides when it's been running all day, as does Kumba.

Remember:

Montu: Back row, right side (closest to the platform)

Kumba: Back row, right side also (but here that's the seat furthest from the platform)

There will be a quiz later. You're welcome in advance. I rarely have a strong preference between the left and right side of the train, but on these two you should probably take notes.

Thanks! The only time I've noticed a noticeable difference between the left and right side of the train (outside of wing coasters, but those are different animals) has been on Apollo's Chariot for that sweeping drop into the helix.

So it sounds like I'll hit Cheetah Hunt, Montu, and Kumba on the first night. I'm assuming front row is the best for Cheetah Hunt if I only have time for one ride at night?

I wanted to love Kumba but it was pretty rough in the back. Front was amazing, however. Montu is just nuts - I probably rode 10 times when I visited.

When did you ride it (Kumba)? I know it was a bit rough in July before they did a refurb in August.

So it sounds like I'll hit Cheetah Hunt, Montu, and Kumba on the first night. I'm assuming front row is the best for Cheetah Hunt if I only have time for one ride at night?

The back row is best IMO day or night; esp when it launches up into the "Windcatcher Tower".

^ I'm hoping lines will be short enough near closing on a Sunday night that I can try the front and back on those 3 coasters, but if not I have most of Monday.

Just a heads up about that Sunday Night. I'm assuming it's Nov 19th. That is the opening night of Christmas Town. It's also the beginning of fall break for many of the FL schools (most are out all that week so Monday may be busier than usual as well). The only coaster you'll likely have an extended wait for is Cheetah Hunt day, night and closing. I would get that one just after it gets dark just because of that and not wait to be the closer. Plus it tends to be a bit temperamental at times with technical difficulties. Kumba & Montu's lines won't be bad at all and are the most reliable. I'd pick Montu as my closer simply because it's my favorite there. Plus it's closer to the park exit (well closer than Kumba). Also, don't forget about Cobra's Curse. Sure it's a Mack family spinner, but it's pretty great. I hadn't ridden it at night, but I can see it being even more fun in the "dark". It also gets a decent size line just because of it's capacity and the "newness factor", but moves fairly quick.

I wanted to love Kumba but it was pretty rough in the back. Front was amazing, however. Montu is just nuts - I probably rode 10 times when I visited.

When did you ride it (Kumba)? I know it was a bit rough in July before they did a refurb in August.

December ‘15