Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 253 - Epcot Festival of the Holidays! New Christmas Event
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:47 am

I heard rumors about Coco and Brazil before D23 but a new ride in the UK pavilion is news to me.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trainplane3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:10 am

Dombot wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:A new ride in the UK pavilion is greenlit, Coco to the Mexico pavilion in about 2-3 years, and Brazil getting closer to locked in are other things happening too.

Wait, huh? Maybe I missed something, can I get a source on all this?

Source are in the threads over at the WDWMagic forums: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/wdw-parks-news-rumors-and-current-events.4/
There's a great thread that's been put together by a member over there that sums up all the currents rumors/hints/confirmed happenings that has a source for each of the bullet points: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Tonight we attended one of Epcot's "Party for the Senses" Food & Wine events. The official event information can be found here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-party-for-senses/

Basically, the easiest way to describe this event is "high end Epcot Food & Wine Festival." This event takes place only 4 or 5 times during the Food & Wine Festival, often times it has a theme, other times it is a collection of higher-end food & alcohol offerings than what you get around World Showcase.

There are different tiers for the event pricing, and new this year is the 'everyone has a seat' options meaning that instead of the venue having various tables & high-tops for people to mingle at, everyone will be assigned a seat, and this seems to have been very positively received.

The food itself is just wonderful! We had celebrity chefs, Disney high-end resort dining chefs and some of the best from Food & Wine. The items served during Party for the Senses are very different from the rest of Food & Wine and often times are exclusive to that one evening!

Here's a few photos of the fun we had from the event...

Tonight we are Walt Disney World Epcot attending a Party for the Senses event!

Just in case you forgot what the event was called (there's a lot of alcohol...it happens!)

We have only just sat down and we already have food!

Just had a delicious rabbit taco from Hell's Kitchen season 5 contestant Chef Paula Dasilva!

I don't normally eat little cute bunnies, but when I do, I prefer them in tacos!

NYC Graffiti Restaurant owner & Next Iron Chef runner-up Jehangir Mehta is here serving a wonderful Wasabi Avocado Duck! YUM!

This thing was spicy & wonderful!

This right here is Beef Nigiri Sushi and it was seriously AMAZING! Wow!!!

The grapefruit beer is featured at the Party For The Senses and I love it! One of my favorite "adult beverages" at WDW!

Chef Terry Letson's short ribs melted in your mouth!

Because coffee is always better when you add that Disney touch!

That is a red velvet donut with bacon and peach cobbler. Both fantastic!

Party For The Senses makes great use of the event venue between Canada & UK Pavilions at Epcot.

The food, wine, desserts, & atmosphere at PartyForTheSenses was all wonderful and high-end! We strongly recommend this event!

And yes, we were even able to take home this cool Epcot 35 wine glass!

We strongly recommend this event! Be sure to check out the website for more details:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-party-for-senses/
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:34 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:10 am

That all looks amazing! I was drooling while checking out the TPR Twitter feed last night, too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:23 am

It's never a good idea to read trips reports from Epcot Food & wine when you're hungry, and this was no exception. My stomach is basically yelling at me now to go get some food! :lol:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Avoiding these food tours you do, is totally useless. Can't avoid them.
And this one is no exception. What a spread of eatables they served up!

Great idea for a ticketed event during the Festival itself!
Thanks for sharing the pix of the various chefs too, Robb. That was
neat to see, especially with what they had created, to serve you.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:39 am

that latest update looks absolutely incredible.

glad you had such a great time, and such good food.

(oh how i wish I lived close to Disney World. . .I'd probably be at Epcot every night for dinner, and blow the budget at Food & Wine offerings (not to mention the MK special parties too)).

thanks for allowing me to live vicariously thru y'all so much!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Joe Schwartz » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks for the review Robb, I hadn't heard of these events before.

Does it work like a buffet, where you go to each food/wine station? Is there any limit to the number of times you can visit the same station?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Joe Schwartz wrote:Does it work like a buffet, where you go to each food/wine station? Is there any limit to the number of times you can visit the same station?

Yes, and no! It's a great way to try different foods & drinks, and when you find one you like, you can keep going back as much as you want!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Epicurean extravaganza indeed! Such a perfect way to indulge the taste senses with exquisite, elevated samples by top chefs! (And you get to go back to "reload!!") Alas, I didn't see any Doggy Bags on the tables. ;) Looks like you two had one heck of a 'swell' evening!

Alice

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!