TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Do they run multiple trains on the coasters (besides Thunder Run)? I have heard so many stories of one train ops and slow operations... having driven past the park a few times, I'm still reluctant to stop in. My last visit was 2009 or 2010; I always spent most of my time in Greezed Lightnin' as I'm a HUGE Schwarzkopf fan. I was also there on that day in 2007.

When I went they had all of the coasters running two trains other than T3 and Thunder Run.

When I went they had all of the coasters running two trains other than T3 and Thunder Run.

Seems strange they wouldn't run 2 trains on T3 as it's so popular. Does the train still only hold 14 people? I remember when that ride opened in the 90s, it had that short train (7 rows of 2 seats).

My last visit was 2009 or 2010; I always spent most of my time in Greezed Lightnin' as I'm a HUGE Schwarzkopf fan. I was also there on that day in 2007.

I always tell people who have the same story as you that the park is overall significantly better now than it was in the last few years of the Six Flags era. Not just in the attractions, but the overall vibe of the park has gotten much better too. I loved GL too, but its replacement is so much better. T3 has been running 1 train ops these past couple months, but everything else that has been doing just fine it seems.

This upcoming weekend is the last two days the park will be open for this season too, just fyi.

^I did read that, good report! So... did T3 (having the longest line per your report) run 2 trains or 1? Also, how many seats are there on the trains? I'm not super-excited to ride that ride or anything, just wondering about their operations.

Look for something new, to take the place of The Enterprise, next year. Was told to get our last rides in yesterday, because it's replacement is already on it's way. 2019 will be the next big attraction, around 220 feet.

Look for something new, to take the place of The Enterprise, next year. Was told to get our last rides in yesterday, because it's replacement is already on it's way. 2019 will be the next big attraction, around 220 feet.

Ed said this? It sucks if it's true because I have yet to ride enterprise and I was looking forward to it next season. It seems odd that they'd remove it, as it seems like one of their most popular flats. As for 2019, I'm hoping for a coaster that tall. If not a coaster, a tall drop tower would be nice although they already have Fear Fall so it wouldn't make much sense.

Ed said this? It sucks if it's true because I have yet to ride enterprise and I was looking forward to it next season. It seems odd that they'd remove it, as it seems like one of their most popular flats. As for 2019, I'm hoping for a coaster that tall. If not a coaster, a tall drop tower would be nice although they already have Fear Fall so it wouldn't make much sense.

Grona Lund has an Intamin Skyjump, Intamin 2nd gen drop tower and an S&S Tower. A second drop tower doesn’t sounds too impossible but in all seriousness I could see KK getting a Zamperla Endeavor to provide a new take on a classic ride. As far as the 220 ft attraction, did Ed say this himself? Definitely didn’t see a hyper coaster coming but that’d definitely draw in crowds.

Do you think a hyper will really attract customers? I think its plausible because the GP is attracted to anything big. Then again, KI has a hyper not that far away and they already have Lightning Run which is basically the same thing as a hyper with a shorter lift and more compact layout. I think something like a dive coaster or a floorless coaster would draw in the public. No parks nearby have either of those. Cedar Point is about 5-6 hours from KK.

Ed said 220 feet is the max height in the park, so that could basically hint at any type of coaster that could reach that point. Doesn't strictly have to be a hyper like Diamondback. Heck, a 200ft Mack with numerous inversions could still be pretty marketable in the region.

And while a little bittersweet with Enterprise going, I do think it was about time for it to go. I could certainly feel its age when I rode it.

I don't think it's necessarily going to be a coaster, the corner where Enterprise is awfully tight. You have the 5D Cinema on one side of Enterprise, you have the road right behind it with the surface street crossing now, a ride to the left, and the amphitheater right in front of it. Enterprise being removed comes as no surprise to me because at the Keys to the Kingdom tour they said they wanted to remove it last year but instead decided to give it one more year to see if the maintenance issues got better or worse.

I don't think it's necessarily going to be a coaster, the corner where Enterprise is awfully tight. You have the 5D Cinema on one side of Enterprise, you have the road right behind it with the surface street crossing now, a ride to the left, and the amphitheater right in front of it. Enterprise being removed comes as no surprise to me because at the Keys to the Kingdom tour they said they wanted to remove it last year but instead decided to give it one more year to see if the maintenance issues got better or worse.

I don't think a coaster will be going where Enterprise currently sits. I think another flat will just go there. A coaster will likely go where Dragsters used to be and behind Eye of The Storm or beside the waterpark and T3. Time will tell. I think an RMC raptor would compliment the park nicely. Regardless, I don't think we'll see anything major until 2019-2020.

Hearing that the old enterprise spot is going to be used for a new Zamperla Endeavor, I've also heard that the markers seen in the waterpark awhile back are for a new family coaster coming this season. My source is saying either a family GCI or Gravity Group that would be primarily behind Plummet Summit and Deep Water Dive's tower with the station between T3 and Taco Tequila.

^It's getting a nice refurb from Amuse Rides.

https://www.facebook.com/amuserides/posts/1636093433102194

[attachment=0]Amuseridesthunderrun.JPG[/attachment]

Sheesh thunder run gets worked on every year

I just rode it last weekend and was expecting it to be a lot rougher than it was. The only part that I think needs a lot of work is the last turn before the station. T3 was down all day so I guess that roughness makes up for missing the hang’n’bang.