SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 581: Ray Racer to replace HooRoo Run at Aquatica in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:35 am

coasterbill wrote:
ViperGTS500 wrote:How busy does the park get/the waits for the coasters in mid Oct on a Friday, Saturday, and Sun? Thanks!

Wait times for coasters are rarely an issue at SeaWorld.

I remember when we went in October 2009 and pretty much everything was a walk-on (including Manta) which was a pretty refreshing change of pace from what you'd see at Disney or Universal.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:44 pm

It's that wonderful time of year again in Central Florida where special events fill the parks and guests have even more to enjoy on top of the already stellar experiences offered year round! SeaWorld Orlando continues to offer a family-friendly, daytime offering for guests of all ages to enjoy during their day at the park. Shamu's Halloween Spooktacular is a fantastic complement to the park's existing lineup and adds a unique trick or treating option for guests to enjoy throughout the day. There is even a special Halloween show offered during the event in the Pets Ahoy theater, Countdown to Halloween, which features characters from Sesame Street.
IMG_7380.JPG
Added SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular decor can be found throughout the park.
IMG_7411.JPG
I'm not sure how new this is but there's a choose-your-own-flavor Dippin' Dots stand!
IMG_7412.JPG
I kind of went crazy with this opportunity...
IMG_7413.JPG
SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular extends throughout a good portion of the park and there are many treat stops for guests to enjoy!
IMG_7414.JPG
Be on the look out for pumpkin fish!
IMG_7415.JPG
Treat stops are marked with signage like this and the lines move very quickly.
IMG_7416.JPG
There is no limit as to how many times you can go back through treat lines... So feel free to go back for more!
IMG_7417.JPG
There are roaming Halloween characters from under the sea that you can encounter near the Halloween Spooktacular booths.
IMG_7419.JPG
Hanging out with the natives...
IMG_7421.JPG
Candies offered during the event are notable like Skittles and M&Ms.
IMG_7424.JPG
Even more friendly characters over by Wild Arctic!
IMG_7425.JPG
Tootsie Rolls!
IMG_7427.JPG
Looking towards the festival side of the park...
IMG_7428.JPG
Don't forget to look around--you may find some friendly spooks hanging out throughout the park.
IMG_7430.JPG
Smarties are always a go-to option for candies that last a long time...
IMG_7433.JPG
Another rogue pumpkin fish in a while!
IMG_7435.JPG
Guests can meet and take a photo with a mermaid while at the event.
IMG_7440.JPG
They grow up so quickly!
IMG_7441.JPG
M&Ms!
IMG_7444.JPG
Lots of waterfront entertainment for guests of all ages in the festival section of the park.
IMG_7449.JPG
Some neat set pieces.
IMG_7452.JPG
Guests can control the water fountain in the park's central lagoon with this neat control panel on the water's edge.
IMG_7453.JPG
Sesame Street Countdown to Halloween is the special show offered only during SeaWorld's Halloween Spectacular for younger guests and their families
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:53 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 am

Count Von Count is at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, too--that vampire gets around.

Looks like a nice alternative to the scarier stuff at Universal.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Dombot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:56 am

That Dippin Dots stand tho... :wtf: :lover:

This event looks awesome! Maybe I'll be able to check it out this year.
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

What the crap?! That's one odd looking water slide, haha!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Ray Rush Coming to Aquatica Orlando in 2018
ray rush.jpg

NEW FAMILY RAFT SLIDE OFFERS THREE-IN-ONE THRILLS FOR GUESTS OF ALL AGES
1507583496-a81511073ab56682d69fc87aed0df3cb.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. (October 12, 2017) – A brand-new family raft slide is splashing into Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark in spring 2018. Ray Rush promises to be a fully-loaded water adventure which will combine three unique slide elements, never before seen at Aquatica, into one action-packed attraction the entire family can enjoy together.

At nearly 60 feet tall, Ray Rush is where family and friends can take on three exciting thrills as they slide, splash and soar like never before. First, riders will be launched at 33 feet per second with water jets designed to propel rafts into the first of several enclosed tube sections. Next, riders will swirl into a colossal translucent sphere which spins the raft around the slide walls before entering another enclosed tube section. Finally, riders will drop into an open-air halfpipe that resembles the shape of a manta ray. Rafts will soar back and forth on the wings of the manta before entering the final enclosed tube section that ends with a splash.

“Ray Rush will offer a ride experience you won’t be able to get anywhere else in Florida. Aquatica will be the first waterpark in the state to combine these three unique elements into one attraction” said Cathy Valeriano, Aquatica Orlando vice president. “Ray Rush is the perfect addition to our attraction portfolio, complementing what is already one of the most family-friendly waterslide lineups in Orlando.”

Ray Rush will have a height requirement of 42” to appeal to families with children and will accommodate up to four riders per raft. The new slide will be located on the north side of the park next to Walkabout Waters.

In order to make way for the new attraction, HooRoo Run will close permanently on October 31, 2017. To accommodate construction, Walhalla Wave will temporarily close on this date and re-open in spring 2018 alongside Ray Rush. For a limited-time, Aquatica Pass Members will receive a one-time Quick Queue to ride both HooRoo Run and Walhalla Wave on select days in October before construction begins in November.

The best way to experience Aquatica is with an Aquatica Orlando Annual Pass. For a limited-time, Florida residents can purchase an Aquatica Orlando Annual Pass for only $10 per month with EZpay. Aquatica Pass Members enjoy unlimited admission and free parking as well as discounts and the opportunity to be among the first to ride Ray Rush when it opens in spring 2018. For more information, visit AquaticaOrlando.com.

Assemble your squad and get ready to turn up the fun at Aquatica in 2018. Get the latest Ray Rush updates by following Aquatica on Facebook and the SeaWorld Blog. Join the #RayRush conversation using #SplashSquad2018.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 pm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:17 pm

For those of you that like to keep score, it looks like a WhiteWater installation with an AquaSphere and a Manta. Appropriate for being called "Ray Run".
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm

The translucent dome will sure gather a crowd on the ground. I'm loving these mega slide combos that are being added!
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Dombot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Uh... wow. Wasn't expecting to see this today.

The slide looks amazing, albeit a bit odd. Good riddance to Hooroo Run, too- lamest slide I've ever been on.
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sfkk » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Is SeaWorld discontinuing the Pass Member Dining Plan for 2018? I have not seen anything on the website yet. If so I don’t blame them. I can’t imagine they made much money on it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!