TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's Oktoberfest 2017 Trip!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving the "Replays" of the Live Streams because I haven't been able to watch them live yet (something called work when you guys are doing the live stream). But holy crap...that video was hilarious of the lady on the spin machine of death. I was so surprised every time she got out of the ropes...it was quite hilarious. I remember going on one of those in some now defunct park in England on the first TPR tour and got massive wood burn.

Jimmy "loving the all the Oktoberfest love in September" Bo

So many things blow my mind when it comes to German fairs

- Each ride seems like its own party with the incredible light packages, talkative ride ops, fog, jingles, and music

- It still boggles my mind how people are allowed to stand so close to the rides while they are in motion and they all know that they shouldn't do anything stupid. Complete opposite of what we find over here

- While I would never ride it, VooDoo Jumper is a real standout on the midway. Seizure-inducing strobes and LED's combined with the flames in the center make for a true visual spectacle

- The fact that some creative showman completely copied the Disney Alien Encounter attraction and made it portable is crazy. I watched a video of it on YouTube and while I didn't understand a lot of it, that attraction alone puts most of the American portable rides/attractions to shame

- The Drifting Coaster looks like a reverse Arrow suspended coaster (i.e- it looks like tons of fun)

All I can say is I love the videos and wish us folks in the States could enjoy a fair of this magnitude rather than the standard State Fairs we have. While they can be quite large, they can never match what looks to be sheer epicness at Oktoberfest.

Thanks for sharing!

The Drifting Coaster looks like a reverse Arrow suspended coaster (i.e- it looks like tons of fun)

I had this thought too. It actually reminds me a lot of the original Bat at Kings Island since the turns themselves are completely un-banked which leads to much more violent swinging.

The Drifting Coaster looks like a reverse Arrow suspended coaster (i.e- it looks like tons of fun)

I had this thought too. It actually reminds me a lot of the original Bat at Kings Island since the turns themselves are completely un-banked which leads to much more violent swinging.

I'd say it looks like Bat 1.0 had sex with a wild mouse and this is the offspring.

I'd love to see a version come to the states. Will it? Not likely.

Here's the live stream from the slide of death. Other than some people in the comments section being assholes and having to call them out, this video is INSANE FUN! It's great to watch drunk people fall on their ass over and over again! lol

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

^ That's pretty wild. I actually remember this thing at the Seattle World's Fair in 1962!

And it was just as crazy and funny to watch then, as it is now. Only better with booze!

Great video, Robb.

I love Olympia Looping too, what a kick ass ride and incredible that it is portable. When I go to Oktoberfest, I sit by the beer carousel, have some beers and just watch this beauty in action. It never get's old.

The drifting coaster looks amazing, what a simple design that seems like a lot of fun and sure will be my first ride when I go next week. I go to a lot of fairs, never seen it before. Guess they are not touring in my neck of the woods.

When I go to Oktoberfest, I sit by the beer carousel, have some beers and just watch this beauty in action. It never get's old.

You pretty much just described my past four nights!

lol. just do not go on the beer carousel as it can get disorienting for one after some beers. I made that mistake once, never again. Glad you had a good time, looking forward to the Europa and Phantasialand updates, two of my favorite parks.

Oktoberfest may very well be my dream park. Olympia Looping is only the tip of the iceberg.

It is basically the best park on earth for 16 days. Think about it

1. Six coasters that are all rather good

2. 30+ Flatrides

3. Plenty of funhouses , including the Teufelsrad and the slide of death

4.Beergardens all over

5. The beer carousel

6. Oh yeah, beer, tents that can hold combined 119000 people and crazy music and dancing.

7. Every Flatride is there own nightclub

8. Olympia Looping/Alpine Bahn

9. Oh yeah, more beer

What is not to love?

It is basically the best park on earth for 16 days. Think about it

1. Six coasters that are all rather good

2. 30+ Flatrides

3. Plenty of funhouses , including the Teufelsrad and the slide of death

4.Beergardens all over

5. The beer carousel

6. Oh yeah, beer, tents that can hold combined 119000 people and crazy music and dancing.

7. Every Flatride is there own nightclub

8. Olympia Looping/Alpine Bahn

9. Oh yeah, more beer

10. Bratwurst.