Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 71: The Great LEGO Race VR Coaster coming to Legoland!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:30 am

I'm definitely making a first visit next year for sure! With the new additions and resort coming next year, I'm sure this would be the time to go! =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:30 pm

When the ride operated at Legoland Windsor, it featured odd vehicle enclosures that covered the cars with clear windows. Those added elements were removed when the ride was moved to Legoland Florida.

Thank god! Those damn windows would cook you to death in the Florida sun.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 pm

The time has finally come: I'LL BE VISITING LEGOLAND FLORIDA FOR THIS THE FIRST TIME ON 4-24-17! It might be geared towards children, but I'm sure to have fun! A trip report will be following afterwards. Keep on the lookout! ;)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:17 am

Merlin Entertainments Group has sent us a press release announcing the transformation of the Project X roller coaster at Legoland Florida into The Great LEGO Race VR Coaster.

unnamed (1).jpg

Prepare to take a ride on the wildest LEGO® race ever imagined when cutting-edge virtual reality technology combines with roller coaster thrills in an exhilarating new attraction opening in late 2017 at LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort, followed in 2018 at LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Germany’s LEGOLAND Deutschland Resort, UK parent company Merlin Entertainments Group announced today.

Developed under the supervision of Merlin Magic Making, the company’s global creative and delivery division, The Great LEGO Race will transform three existing “Project X” roller coasters into an exciting, high-octane experience that puts kids in the driver’s seat and asks, “Are you brave enough to face, race and beat the best of the best in all of LEGO world?”

Featuring a colorful lineup of racers drawn from the ranks of the popular LEGO minifigure mystery assortments, The Great LEGO Race pits riders in a rollicking race against wild, brick-built contraptions driven by Trendsetter, Pharaoh, Surfer Girl, Wizard and Pirate Captain, including a rocket-powered surfboard and a stylish scooter fueled by espresso. Wearing VR headsets, guests will experience the action from every direction – up, down, forward, backward and all points in between – in a dazzling environment where everything is made of LEGO bricks.

The adventure begins as guests approach the ride’s bold new entry portal as the sounds of roaring engines fill the air. Nearby, the coaster’s queue will resemble a pre-race space where pit crews for each of the five LEGO racers are preparing for the competition, plus interactive, hands-on elements to entertain waiting riders.

During the ride, Bluetooth technology will sync the virtual visuals with the roller coaster’s twists, turns, drops and climbs, creating an all-new experience filled with thrills, spills, surprises and humor – an experience only LEGOLAND could create.

“The Great LEGO Race was inspired by the way kids play with LEGO toys at home,” said Candy Holland, senior creative director for Merlin Magic Making, which designs and develops attractions for Merlin sites around the world. “It’s a unique LEGO adventure that lets kids enter an epic imaginary world made entirely from LEGO bricks, featuring a host of different themes and fun LEGO characters, all mixed up together.”

Guests can choose to experience The Great LEGO Race with or without the VR headset. A preshow video will demonstrate the experience with side-by-side views of the physical coaster track and virtual reality environment. Its gentle thrills and amusing storyline are intended for children ages 6 and up. Children under the age of 6 that meet the ride’s minimum height requirement may ride without the VR headset.
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:17 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:25 am

No Rocket Racer? Legoland, I'm disappointed. :lmao:
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:32 am

If you ever find yourself saying, "I like Wild Mouse Coasters, my only complaint is that the capacity isn't quite horrendous enough" then this one's for you!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:55 am

Ugh...when will this VR thing finally die!?!?

The only interesting thing here is that they are letting 6 year olds do the VR. Didn't a bunch of parks try to convince us that Samsung said it wasn't safe for anyone under 13? And then Europa park made the European TUV do a study that showed it was fine in small doses? Such drama to put an uncomfortable sweaty headset on...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm

SharkTums wrote:Ugh...when will this VR thing finally die!?!?

Seriously! I was really hoping parks would stop doing this once they saw what a disaster it turned out to be capacity wise. Plus, I don't think the VR adds anything of value to the ride experience. If anything, it makes the ride experience worse due to the headsets being uncomfortable and not being able to see the ride elements.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby MisterBrow » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:18 pm

I like to read TPR with my VR goggles. The sarcasm is easier to see. :b
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Dombot » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 pm

I seriously want to know what kind of drugs the people at Merlin are on lately. Dear God. :lmao:
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!