TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

:nina: I was at KI a while back and just got off vortex when a kid behind me goes "that was awesome I'm going to ride that again!"

While there's nothing wrong with that, I later saw him in a medic cart lying down. It was probably dehydration.

Are you sure it was dehydration?

Vortex is the worst coaster at KI. Even the junior/family coasters are better!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today at work, Wild Thing was down for about 45 minutes due to a mechanical problem, and we had a guest that was irrationally angry about the downtime. He started shouting out "I could build a better amusement park than this! I'm going to buy up all the farmland in the area and build my own park! Make amusement parks great again!" Keep in mind this was a grown adult saying this. I wish I could say he was joking, but he looked serious.

A girl claiming to be a SFMM employee (paraphrasing): "They have this ride called Ninja where you hang under the track, and someone broke their leg on it, so they had to close off the bottom of the seats.

As a CF ride op, we make jokes all the time about how "dangerous" the rides are, how many people have "died today" on the ride, or why we have certain policies in place just to get reactions from the GP riders. She could easily fall into this same category. But she could just as easily be an attention-grabbing GP.

My absolute favorite GP comment was overheard in June at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Mother to her sleeping twin daughters in a stroller: "Ya'll, get some dippin' dots - it'll change your f***in' life!"

This is awesome. As is your username. Haven't noticed you before now, but welcome!

A girl claiming to be a SFMM employee (paraphrasing): "They have this ride called Ninja where you hang under the track, and someone broke their leg on it, so they had to close off the bottom of the seats.

As a CF ride op, we make jokes all the time about how "dangerous" the rides are, how many people have "died today" on the ride, or why we have certain policies in place just to get reactions from the GP riders. She could easily fall into this same category. But she could just as easily be an attention-grabbing GP.

Possibly? We weren't actually at the park, so I don't know. She also said she was new, so maybe an older employee is just telling dumb stories to the rookies?

When I visited SFGAdv recently, hearing people put "the" in front of coaster names was a bit annoying. What made me want to punch one lady was "the El Toro." That's not even just amusement park GP stupidity, that's just ignorance to an easy-to-translate Spanish phrase...

I also would like to ask if there's a thread dedicated to the most memorable/best things you've heard/said at an amusement park. If not, I'd love to create one!

I can understand why people will use the word "the" in front of some rides. IE., I want to ride the Scrambler. But yeah, to say , The El Toro, is just awkward. It's odd sounding. It doesn't flow off the tongue. I wonder why people do that? Ah the mysteries of life I guess.

Edited by djcoastermark

When I visited SFGAdv recently, hearing people put "the" in front of coaster names was a bit annoying. What made me want to punch one lady was "the El Toro." That's not even just amusement park GP stupidity, that's just ignorance to an easy-to-translate Spanish phrase...

I also would like to ask if there's a thread dedicated to the most memorable/best things you've heard/said at an amusement park. If not, I'd love to create one!

"The the bull"

• 2 weeks later...

Why let something that insignificant bother you? I pity you if you ever have to work with the public.

Why let something that insignificant bother you? I pity you if you ever have to work with the public.

O, you would love me. I always put THE in front of things ie: "I watched it on the Netflix." I would not go as far as The El Toro but I would translate it for people as The Toro in my best Ron Burgandy voice.

While not a coaster park, but at a zoo we were viewing the Ruddy Ducks which have crazy cool blue bills. The genius behind me, not reading the identification sign which states "known for their blue bills" asked aloud, "Ya thinks they done painted dat duck's beak blue? Dat ain't right if they did." I spent the rest of the day questioning aloud if the flamingos had been sprayed pink and who had to put the stripes on the zebras.

I spent the rest of the day questioning aloud if the flamingos had been sprayed pink and who had to put the stripes on the zebras.

I actually chuckled out loud at this! Seems like something I would do.

Does that mean that the leopards had to be spotted as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-Ap2yUjYQ&t=12s

There are so many things wrong with this video I can't even point them all out.

I gave up on watching that video after "#1... Insanity." ... Which was actually x-scream. Ugh. You just can't fix stupid.

O, you would love me. I always put THE in front of things ie: "I watched it on the Netflix." I would not go as far as The El Toro but I would translate it for people as The Toro in my best Ron Burgandy voice.

I approve completely of peppering Ron Burgundy into everyday speech.

I love it when people put "the" in front of a coaster name, makes it sound more important. You introduce your friend as Michael, okay, you have a friend named Michael. You introduce him as "The Michael," now he's much more interesting.

I spent the rest of the day questioning aloud if the flamingos had been sprayed pink and who had to put the stripes on the zebras.

I actually chuckled out loud at this! Seems like something I would do.

Does that mean that the leopards had to be spotted as well?

No, silly. Everyone knows leopards are black, but the zoos have to paint them yellow so they stand out. But they always skimp out on the paint so some black still shows through.

• 2 weeks later...