Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 350 - Nordic Chaser announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 am

If you're local and have a season pass it'll be a great event. I'm sure they'll do an amazing job with the lights and coasters aren't really the main draw for most people. For coaster fans though, it's probably worth driving to St. Louis or Branson.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:35 am

It wouldn't surprise me if staffing was part of the problem Herr as it seemed like the park had some operational issues during the season.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:42 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if staffing was part of the problem Herr as it seemed like the park had some operational issues during the season.

Staffing is an issue for a lot of parks during the holidays, but I doubt that's the reason for the limited coaster offerings. I feel like they could get some people together to run Patriot if they wanted to. They're just choosing not to go that direction.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby bluestreak » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 am

This is WoF we are talking about. They are fine with running a coaster with a worker in the booth and 1 on the platform.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Did anyone go to opening night of Haunt? If so, how was it?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby ToNC » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 pm

I was able to attend Halloween haunt this weekend with some family in KC. We ended up picking up a few FL passes and enjoying the night.
Scorecard:
Mamba x3 (2 Night)
Prowler x3 (2 Night)
Patriot x1
Timberwolf x1
Detonator x1

Overall operations have improved from over the course of the regular season. Prowler crew was doing a great job at pumping trains out of the station. And boy was Prowler running FAST. Fantastic night rides Saturday night.

3 Haunted Houses:
Urgent Scare would be my least favorite of the 3 we did. Seemed understaffed and the line moved VERY slowly.

Mr. Cleaver is in the middle, we lined up early and got a good run, plenty of scares although this will die down as the line gets longer over the course of the night.

Cornstalkers is still my favorite, The actors blend in very well and combined with a long rout makes this one of the best.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:43 am

ToNC wrote:I was able to attend Halloween haunt this weekend with some family in KC. We ended up picking up a few FL passes and enjoying the night.
Scorecard:
Mamba x3 (2 Night)
Prowler x3 (2 Night)
Patriot x1
Timberwolf x1
Detonator x1

Overall operations have improved from over the course of the regular season. Prowler crew was doing a great job at pumping trains out of the station. And boy was Prowler running FAST. Fantastic night rides Saturday night.

3 Haunted Houses:
Urgent Scare would be my least favorite of the 3 we did. Seemed understaffed and the line moved VERY slowly.

Mr. Cleaver is in the middle, we lined up early and got a good run, plenty of scares although this will die down as the line gets longer over the course of the night.

Cornstalkers is still my favorite, The actors blend in very well and combined with a long rout makes this one of the best.

Good to hear that at least prowler operations have improved. They used to be awful. Even though prowler is almost always a walk on, standing and waiting for two or so trains when they were running only one got quite annoying since it took 5-10 minutes to dispatch trains. Mix that with the heat and absolutely no air movement in the station, it made for an unpleasant experience. Many people also have mentioned how well it's running which has me quite happy. My last rides on it were very sluggish and rattly. Just a question, how long were ride lines when you went?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby ToNC » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 pm

The lines actually weren't horrible. The Longest Mamba's line got was through the set of swichbacks before you enter the station. (About an hour WOF time, 30 mins other parks.)

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby The Yeti » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 pm

^Is The Longest Mamba longer than the original? Why didn't you ride Cyclone Sam's?

Annoying questions aside, how many trains were they running on Mamba? I know they had three at one point, but not I'm sure World's of Fun ever uses or has used all of them, or if they even have a third at this point.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:34 am

The Yeti wrote:^Is The Longest Mamba longer than the original? Why didn't you ride Cyclone Sam's?

Annoying questions aside, how many trains were they running on Mamba? I know they had three at one point, but not I'm sure World's of Fun ever uses or has used all of them, or if they even have a third at this point.

From what I’ve heard, the third train is being refurbished at Chance Rides here in Wichita and could be back this season, but may not. The only time I’ve seen the third train used was at Haunt like five years ago and that’s when wof wasnt so conservative when it came to running multiple trains like they are now.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!