TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Since there is already discussion started...I am going to King's Island for one Saturday in October and was considering just getting a platinum pass, and using the free day of admission for the day I am there. I am looking at potentially spending maybe July 4 - 6 or 7 at Cedar Point next summer. It is my understanding the benefits of the Platinum Pass are the same no matter which park you purchase it for, is this correct? The bigger question I have, because I remember it being at least mentioned here before, is do you get a discount at the hotels if you have a platinum pass from another Cedar Fair park? I would absolutely want to stay at Lighthouse Point, Sandcastle Suites, or Breakers. Any other advice or helpful info about doing something like this would be greatly appreciated, as I know many of you have much more experience with this than I do! Thanks!

This looks to be a Christian rock concert. When I used to work at Darien Lake we had Kingdom Bound (3 day Christian concert) and it was the worst week of the year. We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms. That water was so vile without the waves on to break up the clouds of hair/weaves/band-aids/hair gel...I felt disgusted watching them dip their heads in. The amount of teens busted for shoplifting and trying to hook up was crazy, security always dreaded that week.

The best part was the park had to cover all the signage for Viper due to complaints from the event organizers about "serpents" in the park. They put a temporary sign out front and changed the name of the ride, it was ridiculous.

tenor.gif

When do the participants of the Christian festival depart? We're hitting the Cincinnati Oktoberfest this weekend and added Cedar Point to our itinerary for Sunday to break up the drive home. I renewed my Platinum pass and as a perk Mrs. Peabody can get into the park free on Sunday. Nice deal, along with a $89 room at Castaway Bay. Can anyone advise on what the crowds will be like this Sunday?

It is my understanding the benefits of the Platinum Pass are the same no matter which park you purchase it for, is this correct?

Yes. Our passes are actually from Kings Island also. As for the hotel discount, I have no idea and I can't find anything about it on the website so I can't be much help with that one.

^Thanks. I couldn't find anything either, but I remember it being mentioned before. I wouldn't imagine the discount would be too much if there is one, since the pass itself isn't all that costly, but figured it was worth asking.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Towards the bottom of this page ( https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/season-passes ) it says there is a 10% discount on select room types. Also, I didn't realize you got a free upgrade from fast lane to fast lane plus.

Early planning for next year, 2 adults 3 kids, hotel breakers, lighthouse point, or vrbo? Thanks.

If you have Platinum Passes then I see no reason to stay at Cedar Point. If you don't, then stay on property because Early Entry is amazing. Without that by the time you get in the park you'll already be dealing with long lines for most of the major attractions. With Early Entry it's possible to knock out some of the best rides in the park with minimal wait times.

We really need a little more information though. Are you looking to splurge? Are you looking to do this on a budget? Are you looking to do the beach or Cedar Point shores? Are you looking to take breaks in the middle of the day and go back to the room / pool? There are a lot of things to consider here.

Probably won't have a pass, looking to go 3rd or 4 th week of June for a long weekend Wednesday to Sunday. Splurge is a relative term I think, but the options that I mentioned are all doable. We like to stay deluxe at WDW for the location, so that's why I thought staying on point where we could walk to the parks and hotel freely would be a benefit.

The other factor is space. With 3 kids 13,9,and 6 we need some room to spread out. Most likes won't do beach other than maybe walking on it, but would do the water park spending 4 days there.

Thanks.

If you're going for 4 days it may be worth it to get everyone a Platinum Pass anyway. You should definitely price it out. Since you live in Jersey you can also use it at Dorney or Kings Dominion so that might be a fun day / weekend trip at some point next year too.

If it makes sense to get the passes then the only benefit to staying at a Cedar Point hotel is the location. That may be all you need, but it makes exploring the VRBO options a little more tempting.

This weekend is PointFest, so there will be extra business Saturday for the concert.

Ugh...

This looks to be a Christian rock concert. When I used to work at Darien Lake we had Kingdom Bound (3 day Christian concert) and it was the worst week of the year. We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms. That water was so vile without the waves on to break up the clouds of hair/weaves/band-aids/hair gel...I felt disgusted watching them dip their heads in. The amount of teens busted for shoplifting and trying to hook up was crazy, security always dreaded that week.

The best part was the park had to cover all the signage for Viper due to complaints from the event organizers about "serpents" in the park. They put a temporary sign out front and changed the name of the ride, it was ridiculous.

Guess I'd rather just deal with the crowds on a busier Halloweekends night than deal with the Christian rock crowd.

Must be a weird kind of Christian that has a problem with snakes. I'm a Christian and have no problems at all with snakes.

This weekend is PointFest, so there will be extra business Saturday for the concert.

Ugh...

Guess I'd rather just deal with the crowds on a busier Halloweekends night than deal with the Christian rock crowd.

HE made a mistake when he created snakes, apparently.

I've never seen a theme park that served seitan (wheat meat) but if they did, those event organizers might be upset.

Not surprised that repressed teens let loose when unsupervised at a park, sometimes in unhealthy ways, sometimes in ways that their chaperones don't approve of (how many parks still have a Tunnel of Love ride?).

Looking forward to a return trip to CP next year for Sven/Steven/MS 2.0

Can anyone advise on what the crowds will be like this Sunday?

My favorite day of the year!

This will be the third (fourth?) year in a row we are going to the first weekend of halloweekends on a Sunday. In the past the lines for the rides were minimal all morning and we never waited more than 10 minutes for any of the mazes. Great time to go, for sure. Of course, your milage may vary.

We always hit Maverick/Millennium Force for early entry, and then TTD at opening (front row only!) and we never experience any lines in the park longer than 15 minutes, with most coasters being a walk-on. Let's hope the same remains true this year!

Ugh...

Must be a weird kind of Christian that has a problem with snakes. I'm a Christian and have no problems at all with snakes.

Me too. It's a bummer about the festival at Darien Lake, I've been to some really great Christian rock concerts at theme parks.

I'd love to see Skillet at Cedar Point. Does anyone know where the concert takes place? And it appeared that it's an upcharge even for passholders, can someone confirm this?

Ugh...

Dude, we're apes. Apes hate snakes. That's really all there is to it.

I'd love to see Skillet at Cedar Point. Does anyone know where the concert takes place? And it appeared that it's an upcharge even for passholders, can someone confirm this?

It's usually held in the water park parking lot. Not a great location IMO. Skillet is supposed to be great - report back if you go!

Regarding pricing: You are correct that it's an upcharge. Platinum pass holders, at least at KD, get a significantly discounted rate but I believe you have to call them to get it. They're easy to deal with. Otherwise the price of park admission is included in your regular non-passholder concert ticket. HTH!

This will be the third (fourth?) year in a row we are going to the first weekend of halloweekends on a Sunday. In the past the lines for the rides were minimal all morning and we never waited more than 10 minutes for any of the mazes. Great time to go, for sure. Of course, your milage may vary.

We always hit Maverick/Millennium Force for early entry, and then TTD at opening (front row only!) and we never experience any lines in the park longer than 15 minutes, with most coasters being a walk-on. Let's hope the same remains true this year!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. We've never been on a Sunday before. If this works out I'm planning to go again next year for a Friday night at the Breakers then head to the Toledo Zoo on Saturday (Mrs. Peabody is a penguin fanatic), then return for Sunday at Halloweekends again. No doubt Steel Vengeance will be open for early admission next year.

I hope this remains true as I plan on being there Sunday too! I was going on Saturday, but in an attempt to not have to buy a fast pass, I decided to Go Sunday instead.

So yesterday I officially made the jump and purchased a Platinum Pass, because with what Cedar Fair has to offer next year I’d be crazy not to get one, but I have a question in relation to it. The website said you get one visit during 2017 but I wasn’t sure, is that including Halloweekends? Or is that offer officially over and the website just needs to be updated? I don’t want to drive all the way out to the park (it’s only 4 hours away but still) to discover that the ticket I thought I had doesn’t exist. Also, just to confirm, you do have to go to the physical season pass office to register for your card, right? They made me upload a picture upon purchasing which made me think maybe they send it to me, but at the same time when I get passes for DL they make me go in to get it. Of course I’m comparing apples to oranges but I’d rather be safe than sorry. thanks!

Off topic, but just wondering during all the announcement hubbub was the park/Tony/etc ever asked and did the say why they started the work on SteVen as early as they did? I'm thinking this was addressed in an interview or something but I can't remember, hoping someone here does.

So yesterday I officially made the jump and purchased a Platinum Pass, because with what Cedar Fair has to offer next year I’d be crazy not to get one, but I have a question in relation to it. The website said you get one visit during 2017 but I wasn’t sure, is that including Halloweekends? Or is that offer officially over and the website just needs to be updated? I don’t want to drive all the way out to the park (it’s only 4 hours away but still) to discover that the ticket I thought I had doesn’t exist. Also, just to confirm, you do have to go to the physical season pass office to register for your card, right? They made me upload a picture upon purchasing which made me think maybe they send it to me, but at the same time when I get passes for DL they make me go in to get it. Of course I’m comparing apples to oranges but I’d rather be safe than sorry. thanks!

This is correct, you will get one free visit at Cedar Point, if you purchased it through Cedar Point (It DOES include HalloWeekends). After that it'll be $14.99 a visit. You will have to go in to the Season Pass Center to get your card, but if you filled everything out online and uploaded a picture, it will be a very quick process. Hope this helps!

Off topic, but just wondering during all the announcement hubbub was the park/Tony/etc ever asked and did the say why they started the work on SteVen as early as they did? I'm thinking this was addressed in an interview or something but I can't remember, hoping someone here does.

I assume it is because RMC has so much on their plate for 2018, so they needed to get a head start on their most massive ride in order to complete the others on time. I'm sure CF did it for financial reasons as well, but I completely pulled that outta my a** though, what do I know.

If you're going for 4 days it may be worth it to get everyone a Platinum Pass anyway. You should definitely price it out. Since you live in Jersey you can also use it at Dorney or Kings Dominion so that might be a fun day / weekend trip at some point next year too.

If it makes sense to get the passes then the only benefit to staying at a Cedar Point hotel is the location. That may be all you need, but it makes exploring the VRBO options a little more tempting.

Thanks, I looked in to them.

When do the participants of the Christian festival depart? We're hitting the Cincinnati Oktoberfest this weekend and added Cedar Point to our itinerary for Sunday to break up the drive home. I renewed my Platinum pass and as a perk Mrs. Peabody can get into the park free on Sunday. Nice deal, along with a $89 room at Castaway Bay. Can anyone advise on what the crowds will be like this Sunday?

The concert starts in the afternoon and goes well into the evening. The headline bands are usually on stage around 10pm or later. This does draw some of the crowd away from the haunt attractions inside the park.

I find it hilarious that the park holds their Jesus event on opening weekend of Halloweekends which is nothing but haunted houses full of cannibalistic zombies but people at Darien Lake got upset because a roller coaster was named after a snake.

You would have liked when my Bible study group took a trip to Mansfield Haunted Reformatory. You know, Christians are allowed to enjoy various types of entertainment.