TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Can existing season pass holders pre-purchase firght fest Maze passes?

I got mine for $16.99 when I renewed for next season but I don't see how my nephew that didn't renew can get one on the website. How much are they at the park?

They appear to start at 17$ online with a processing fee added. https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/fright-fest-night

Last week the park barely crested 1k on the weekdays. .

Is that like only the first parking lot section filled?

spent about 5-6 hours at the park today. pretty dead. most all coasters were running one train. TC and Yolo had two. Even so, most everything was like a 1 train wait, if not walk on. parking was about a one full lot, and one school bus. hung out with x2isawesome and bumped into coasternut.

i've only been on one justice league at st louis. the sfmm seemed far far better. the having to pour your drink cup out before going into the building is understandable, but i think they should figure something out for the bottles. anyway, i enjoyed it.

redeemed my dining pass and got my new bottle. this year, and they told me before they did it, when you add the 2018 dining plan, it cancels out the 2017. last year, and the year before, i was able to use both. so i had access to double the food. not a huge deal, but friends had benefited from that in the past.

rode x2 for the first time in years. still feel the pounding the back of my head took on the final raven turn.

anyway, great time to go now. everything had no line except for superman which was about 3/4 of the tunnel.

What would be a tip for someone experiencing Lex Luthor for the first time? Would looking up the whole time and not down be helpful during the ascent, so as to make things somewhat less unnerving? Thanks.

I always find looking straight up during the ascension to be worse/disorienting, but that's probably just me.

Last week the park barely crested 1k on the weekdays. .

Is that like only the first parking lot section filled?

spent about 5-6 hours at the park today. pretty dead. most all coasters were running one train. TC and Yolo had two. Even so, most everything was like a 1 train wait, if not walk on. parking was about a one full lot, and one school bus. hung out with x2isawesome and bumped into coasternut.

i've only been on one justice league at st louis. the sfmm seemed far far better. the having to pour your drink cup out before going into the building is understandable, but i think they should figure something out for the bottles. anyway, i enjoyed it.

redeemed my dining pass and got my new bottle. this year, and they told me before they did it, when you add the 2018 dining plan, it cancels out the 2017. last year, and the year before, i was able to use both. so i had access to double the food. not a huge deal, but friends had benefited from that in the past.

rode x2 for the first time in years. still feel the pounding the back of my head took on the final raven turn.

anyway, great time to go now. everything had no line except for superman which was about 3/4 of the tunnel.

Good to see you too JT. Yes, only 1 parking lot full. Little wait on any coasters. I was on Rev sitting in my seat. They asked us to get off, so I did. 2 maintenance guys were looking at the second train off line. They never came to the station for anything. Not sure what that was all about. I was the last one to leave the station. Very strange...

What would be a tip for someone experiencing Lex Luthor for the first time? Would looking up the whole time and not down be helpful during the ascent, so as to make things somewhat less unnerving? Thanks.

Man up. Hope for a Superman car to get shot up the tower for an extra shaky thrill.

Man up. Hope for a Superman car to get shot up the tower for an extra shaky thrill.

surprisingly, we got two of those yesterday, but couldn't get one duel on TC.

Hey guys just created this account. Fellow thrill junky here. Little bit about myself, live in Southern California and love coasters. SFMM is my home park, and my favorite ride is X2 although TC has been changing my mind more and more I ride it! I'll be going to fright fest tomorrow, so maybe i'll be able to ride Twisted Colossus in the dark!

Took a quick trip to the mountain to process my 2018 pass and take advantage of the low attendance. Although I was only there for three hours, I marathoned Goliath and Lex Luthor as well as taking multiple rides on Twisted Colossus, Full Thröttle, and Ninja (basically, the park's best rides). Most rides were a walk-on/stay-on with a three-train wait at most for TC (running three trains).

TC ops were as on-the-ball as ever but are still no match for the GP who held up dispatches by trying to stow their carry-ons in the train, by taking a series of selfies before buckling up, and by getting in and out of their seats, repeatedly, inexplicably. Also, got to see how the crew deals with fresh vomit in the train: throw two papers cups of water on it to loosen it up / disperse it a bit, then dispatch the train hoping it's gone by the time the train returns. I felt bad for the people who dueled with that particular train, but I can't say I blame the ops either. Speaking of duels: on my rides today, 3/6 laps dueled perfectly; 2 were slightly off; 1 was totally solo.

I also scoped out the site of the new ride. There's plenty of room, but I'm assuming they'll need to excavate the mountain a bit as the monorail station is somewhat elevated. There's also what appears to be an old wooden structure behind one of the games, so I assume it'll take up that whole area. While the east side of the park won't see much of the ride aside from the swings, it's going to look amazing where it's headed. Now they just need another badass flat over where that Schwarzkopf flat used to sit as that's space begging to be filled. I'll take a Skyhawk clone, please.

1066272449_FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.4e6bd642ebf3a68dc3665fd719e49a2f.jpg

Looks like this will be where the new disc ride swings.

IMG_0549.thumb.JPG.621c2f0f9abf25029da1fa1432f0ad82.JPG

The old metro station.

Rode Scream too, but rode in the front so I mitigated any potential roughness right away. And speaking of rough, still no signs of life on Apocalypse. Anyone know anything?

Best thing is to just power through it. Drop towers are the most anxiety-inducing rides for me — consistently so. But it usually just takes a couple of tries and the anxiety is gone. Even though I've ridden it many times, Lex Luthor gets me panicky to the point where I'm happy to skip it during a visit. Today, I decided I'd ride it multiple times until there was no anxiety at all. Lex Luthor is all intimidation — the height, combined with the openness of the restraint, combined with the wobbly tower. My fears about the ride are totally irrational — like it'll derail, or the track will peel off the tower while I'm at the top, or I'll have to be evacuated from it with a ladder. The drop itself is bizarrely tame. It's very fast, and you certainly feel like you're dropping for some time, but it's so much more bark than bite. Once you learn the sequence (the music stops, there's a little bounce, then a click, then you drop), it becomes a much more enjoyable ride. It looks terrifying, and the first couple of times probably will be, but know that you'll get beyond that fast and then you can enjoy it for the views it provides and the speed that it travels.

Oh, and the Halloween decorations are half installed.

IMG_0534.thumb.JPG.ed12e03101b48fe51fa633fedb64b962.JPG

These were scattered throughout the Screampunk District. [Adopts hyperbolic-forum voice]: God, SFMM is suuuch a duuump.

IMG_0537.thumb.JPG.8ce4c0fbbfd1df64e43948a90d715252.JPG

Looks like it's been there for a while. SFMM really should clean the place once in a while ;)

IMG_0539.thumb.JPG.9b1571cdbef4e1f51355d7e388c7cb8c.JPG

There were quite a few organs and things strewn around.