TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

I'm kinda disappointed.

The train isn't anything special anymore nowadays. I'd expect Disney to go big and get a moving head and eyes on that thing, even if it's just subtle looking around from left to right when going on a straight. It's a comic thing and lives from animation. I wouldn't call it detailed when it's basically just three colors and the correct shape.

Whoops..

Is it just me or are the Toy Story life size characters that walk around some of the more creepy ones you've seen at theme parks? Don't get me wrong, I love Toy Story, but something about their unchangeable facial expressions is just off putting to me in a clown/Chuckie kind of way...

That being said, I am actually super stoked to see how this Slinky Dog coaster finishes up. Nice job on the trains!

I was hoping we would see what kind of restraints it'll use since it's a Mack launcher and there doesn't seem to be room for the standard overhead restraints. The 3D renderings suggested lap bars but you can't always be certain with concept art.

The trains look great otherwise.

^I think it's pretty much a given that the trains will feature more traditional lap bars, instead of the over the top style that Mack normally use. The photos of the train shows that there are not any restraints installed on the top of the seats, so they must be in front of the riders.

With all that's now going on, with Galaxy's Edge, and Toy Story Land....is there any indication of

when they're going to reveal the new name of the park? Just curious, since it has been awhile. I wouldn't

think they'd wait until GE is open (2019), since TSL is opening before it, next summer. And now, there's the

Runaway Railway attraction coming up, too.

With all that's now going on, with Galaxy's Edge, and Toy Story Land....is there any indication of

when they're going to reveal the new name of the park? Just curious, since it has been awhile. I wouldn't

think they'd wait until GE is open (2019), since TSL is opening before it, next summer. And now, there's the

Runaway Railway attraction coming up, too.

Disney has been sending out surveys apparently. Options include Disney Hollywood Adventure and Disney's Cinemagic.

Disney has a California Adventure Park...Why not name Hollywood Studios, Disney's Florida Adventure?

Because the premise of Californa Adventure was a park dedicated to the history, sights and sounds of California.When I think of a Florida Adventure, I don't think of a hollywood tower of terror or a millennium falcon lol.