TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

A thought to lower capacity issues would be to just go ahead and make it another "first" by making it the only roller coaster that is an up-charge attraction for Six Flags. Alot of people can't be bothered with the thought of paying 10 to 20 bucks more for a ride after paying admission. It would keep wait times much more tolerable, and put more dough in the Six Flag pocket. It's not beneath them to try to get every dollar they can regardless how it makes them look, so why not?

A thought to lower capacity issues would be to just go ahead and make it another "first" by making it the only roller coaster that is an up-charge attraction for Six Flags. Alot of people can't be bothered with the thought of paying 10 to 20 bucks more for a ride after paying admission. It would keep wait times much more tolerable, and put more dough in the Six Flag pocket. It's not beneath them to try to get every dollar they can regardless how it makes them look, so why not?

This is a beyond terrible idea, please no.

Actually that said first in North America or record breaker, not first in six flags, but if your talking about adding that on to the 5 okay then, but I wouldn't be proud to announce first in six flags for a roller coaster to charge you money, that will just make them lose more money a lot people are going to the park next year to ride the first raptor, which will bring admissions into park up, unless people have season passes but I'm sure more people are going to buy season passes next year for 2018 should be a great year for coasters so they still earning money and people they bring into the park will earn money from food so doesn't matter if they have a season pass anyway, also you may pull in cedar fair people in less California great America is rumor to get one but if they are closer to fiesta Texas and don't have cedar fair season pass they will probably go to fiesta texas, charging for that rollercoaster won't make them get profit, bringing in the admission and more people there buying food trying to ride this coaster will bring the money up, can t really be a first for six flags, there are attractions that charge money, so they would have to market it as first roller coaster to charge in six flags, but good point for the lowering the capacity but just any smart idea.

Actually that said first in North America or record breaker, not first in six flags, but if your talking about adding that on to the 5 okay then, but I wouldn't be proud to announce first in six flags for a roller coaster to charge you money, that will just make them lose more money a lot people are going to the park next year to ride the first raptor, which will bring admissions into park up, unless people have season passes but I'm sure more people are going to buy season passes next year for 2018 should be a great year for coasters so they still earning money and people they bring into the park will earn money from food so doesn't matter if they have a season pass anyway, also you may pull in cedar fair people in less California great America is rumor to get one but if they are closer to fiesta Texas and don't have cedar fair season pass they will probably go to fiesta texas, charging for that rollercoaster won't make them get profit, bringing in the admission and more people there buying food trying to ride this coaster will bring the money up, can t really be a first for six flags, there are attractions that charge money, so they would have to market it as first roller coaster to charge in six flags, but good point for the lowering the capacity but just any smart idea.

My head hurts just reading that post. Holy crap!

Speaking of record breakers, I think we have a new winner for "longest run-on sentence"

My head hurts just reading that post. Holy crap!

Speaking of record breakers, I think we have a new winner for "longest run-on sentence"

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like this hurricane will impact six flags(and seaworld). Weather channel says lots of flooding in the area, and power outages. Have not seen an update from either park, so I assume they are in a standby mode to see what this storm does.

So it looks like this hurricane will impact six flags(and seaworld). Weather channel says lots of flooding in the area, and power outages. Have not seen an update from either park, so I assume they are in a standby mode to see what this storm does.

as I mentioned in other threads, San Antonio often floods.

so yeah, they are gonna get flooded this weekend.

but no sustained heavy rain yet. . it's supposed to hit overnight and start pouring for a few days straight.

Dear. God. WTF did you just try to say??? I just... I can't even.

giphy.gif

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

San Antonio wasn't really affected by Hurricane Harvey. They just got a few inches of rain. Minimal flooding around San Antonio.

Harvey made it as far inland as about 70 miles east of San Antonio which accounted for the rain and gusts up to 40mph. It was open for the Labor Day weekend as scheduled.

Thanks for the update! The talk about Wonder Woman has been fairly quite lately. I'm so excited for it! It makes an already stellar coaster lineup even better! I'm probably more excited for Wonder Woman than Railblazer since it is at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Plus since it is at Six Flags Fiesta Texas it will probably have great themeing.

Plus since it is at Six Flags Fiesta Texas it will probably have great themeing.

??? Railblazer themeing is way better with SR1. Railblazer has a better color scheme. Railblazer is not another recycled DC comics character named ride.

you're gonna argue that Wonder Woman Golden Lasso isn't PERFECT match between naming, themeing, and color scheme for a DC character on a single rail coaster?

Plus since it is at Six Flags Fiesta Texas it will probably have great themeing.

??? Railblazer themeing is way better with SR1. Railblazer has a better color scheme. Railblazer is not another recycled DC comics character named ride.

Fiesta Texas usually has decent themeing with their coasters and other rides. But I think the color scheme is good one considering it is themed after Wonder Woman, a female character that wears red, yellow, and blue (although I like the color scheme for the free spin at Mexico better). Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster will be the first roller coaster themed after Wonder Woman so I wouldn't judge it too hard for being recycled. Plus people love Wonder Woman, I mean the movie so far is one of the highest grossing movies of 2017 and it has a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes so I think it is fitting. Plus it sits right by Superman and not too far from Batman. Plus I'd be more inclined to ride Wonder Woman since it is at Fiesta Texas, a park with better coasters, flat rides, thrill rides, water rides, a better waterpark, etc. But that is just my opinion. We all have different opinions. Rail Blazer does look pretty cool, the trains look cool with that ATV theme. The trains on both raptor coasters look really awesome. And I like that both raptors have the ponds underneath. It'd spectacular if either had a water effect.