TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Erik - That was the IOA that I loved! This Potter stuff doesn't appeal to me. I know I'm in the minority, but still... *sigh*

Lost Continent as a whole was amazing during the younger years of IOA. Seeing the old entrance photo compared to the "Dragon Challenge" entrance is just depressing.

Wow, those pictures really bring to light a lot of the fun that Universal as a whole has killed off in recent years. Comcast really has sucked the life out of the place in favor of cash cow fan service.

Wow. I never visited IoA pre-Potter, so it's pretty incredible seeing pictures to realize how much that ride was bastardized to shoehorn them into Hogsmeade. Shame they're being removed; both sides are kick-ass inverts.

I am so glad i got my final ride on these two coasters this year, but it hasn't been the same since the duelling stopped, but they are still both awesome individual coasters.

Should have moved them to the Studios and themed them to Kodos and Kang the aliens in The Simpsons area.

Should have moved them to the Studios and themed them to Kodos and Kang the aliens in The Simpsons area.

I would approve of this idea.

Or literally anywhere that does not have "Garbage," "Trash," "Recycling," "Reclamation," or "Dump" in its name.

I have to admit, a lot of Universal's recent decisions have me worried about how the Nintendo area is going to turn out. I'm sure it will be great on a visual level but the actual attractions are a toss-up, I think. Hopefully N's attention to quality will help. I suppose worst case there will at least be some great merch, which I have an apparent genetic weakness for.

This year of closures has been hard for me, but this one will be the most painful. I'm so lucky I got to go January, when the park was empty and this ride had a walk on. My friends and I rode twice on each side, and I even summed it up as the best ride experience on the entire Orlando trip last time. Not sure why it was the best ride this time around, but it was. Been on this ride many times but just wish I could give it one final goodbye.

I'm hoping that it's not destroyed and turned into scrap. Is there not any theme park interested in a dueling B&M invert? I know it takes up a large amount of property but installing this to a new theme park can give it new life. It can duel again and be a major draw for any park it opens at. I can only hope to see it again somewhere else....

Wishful thinking

Like they spare one of the skulls from the queue that you see for .0001 second during the ride.

The skulls were all thrown away in 2010 when they re-themed the queue to Potter.

Yes I remember reading that Rowling wanted anything non Potter removed from the ride if they were to retheme it to the series.

Like they spare one of the skulls from the queue that you see for .0001 second during the ride.

The skulls were all thrown away in 2010 when they re-themed the queue to Potter.

Wait, really? I've been on them since the retheme and I could have sworn some were still there. I definitely remember the skeletons and frozen knights being removed in favor of crappy tents and what not but the winding catacombs section remained. Guess my memory is screwing with me.