TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Whoa!!! Wasn't expecting that!!! This thing looks crazy!! I'm sure I'll give it a spin a few times!! Hopefully since you're moving in so many different directions, it won't be as nauseating as one might initially expect.

I bet Six Flags is so used to just plopping DC themed rides all over, they completely forgot they already have a Harley Quinn here! Obviously that probably isn't the case, but it's still kinda funny.

Looks cool. These rides look like maintenance/reliability nightmares, so hopefully Six Flags can do a good job operating these.

I'm pretty sure it will look impressive and I'm glad they are adding it because it looks quite unique, but I still don't get all the excitement for those puke inducing flat rides... they are not my cup of tea, sadly

I'm pretty sure it will look impressive and I'm glad they are adding it because it looks quite unique, but I still don't get all the excitement for those puke inducing flat rides... they are not my cup of tea, sadly

Not every ride will be for everybody. As for me, I like my tea strong.

c00431c3aff5a379c972a065ffab760d--cup-of-coffee-coffee-break.jpg.d2d25e37c28bec3c0b3e220df1235b95.jpg

To be fair, the Tourbillion adds to an ever growing collection of rides and attractions in an ever expanding Gotham City section. We already have the best Gotham City section in the entire SF chain. And we're still expanding it into what will be a truly amazing experience for our guests.

I'm surprised this was the name and theme they went with since they just completely refurbished the Troika last year. I would kind of love for them to give the Troika a Poison Ivy theme. Maybe call it Poison Ivy's Tangled Twist. They could put some lattice on that back and have some climbing plants like some hummingbird vines or something that grow fast and require little maintenance. Or maybe Scarecrow Screamer. Anywho, the new Spinsanity looks very exciting! Although it looks crazy, it definitely looks like a ride that my stomach can handle. Even if, it still looks very visually appealing.

I'm a huge DC comics fan so I love all the DC themes Six Flags is doing. But I do hope they don't have two rides themed to Harley Quinn. I'm just wondering what other villain could be used here. Batman has a lot of them.

Edited by The Geek Mojo

I'm sure the current Harley Quinn ride will be rethemed before the park reopens for 2018. I highly doubt they will have two thrill rides with the same name. Yes, it would have been much easier to theme the 2018 ride to a different villain but I see why they went with it.

Exactly. All it will take to rename/retheme the Troika is some paint and signage.

Yep. It just seems kind of weird since they just repainted it and such last year. I would have loved so see them name the tourbillon Two Face: The Flip Side. Although if they were going to add Superman themed rides in the Gotham section of the park (like Six Flags America) I would have loved to see them go with the name Lex Luthor's Invertatron, the name of the Zamperla windshear from Six Flags New Orleans. Or even Krypton Collider. I wonder when they'll release the new name of the troika? And it will be interesting to see what name they go with. Maybe they could call it Gotham City Crime Wave like the wave swingers at Six Flags New England and Six Flags Over Georgia.

So the renderings show that the installations of this ride will be using tubular members instead of square ones. What do you guys think? Has ABC rides decided to change their design slightly for permanent installations? Or is this a copycat of ABC rides from an unnamed manufacturer? I personally prefer the square frame to the tubular one, as it seems to look more coherent overall (square ride, square frame, square parts).

So the renderings show that the installations of this ride will be using tubular members instead of square ones. What do you guys think? Has ABC rides decided to change their design slightly for permanent installations? Or is this a copycat of ABC rides from an unnamed manufacturer? I personally prefer the square frame to the tubular one, as it seems to look more coherent overall (square ride, square frame, square parts).

The funny thing is I've seen countless people saying "The one in china doesn't count this is the world's first because this has tubular frames instead of square ones"

I doubt Six Flags would go with a non-reputable knock off company. But I like the tubular members a lot more than the square ones. The square ones just seem so bulky.

ABC rides is building it, they even posted the Great Adv vid on their FB page

Edited by Superbatboy

I know GADV and SFOT are both getting the "permanent" version of the ride. Im guessing that means the tubular supports. The previous versions at fairs are all the traveling version which I guess come with the square supports instead. And it's definitely not a copy, these are being made by ABC Rides.