TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

V2 not going away is the best news about this addition.

I think most GP won't draw the connections between this and the Super Loop, and will go, "OMG new ride that looks completely different than anything I've ever seen!"

I was intrigued with this concept when I saw it showcased at IAPPA and I'm very pleased that they somehow managed to stuff another ride into that area seemingly without removing anything. Although I probably will not ride this too often (and I don't ride the Super Loops either), I am still pleased with this addition.

Interesting. While I'm admittedly underwhelmed with this announcement, it certainly looks more interesting than Dare Devil (I've only been on that twice, and I have no desire to ride it again). Once it opens, I could have similar feelings about it as I do towards Dare Devil, or I could end up enjoying it enough to ride it each visit. I'll just wait until I ride it to pass judgement. I was intrigued by it the first time I saw it showcased at IAAPA.

Ha. The "70 mph combined speed" bit has to be one of the more misleading statistics thrown around this announcement season.

I certainly get where you're coming for, but combined speed is how head-on collisions are measured. When passing the other train it'll give the illusion of 70mph, which is not a bad marketing pitch and kinda puts this in a different perspective (for me at least)

Not saying I don't see the gripe, just saying it isn't completely outlandish.

In the end, it doesn't matter exactly which park the ride ended up in, because Skyline sold their first major attraction. Congrats to them, can't wait to see it built.

I think the SkyWarp looks like a lot of fun and I'm excited to give it a try. It's nice to see SF putting another world's first ride at SFDK. The park got the first Sky Rocket II back in 2012 and now they are getting the first SkyWarp. I have to say that SF has done a great job with the additions at this park over the last 5-6 years and has really turned it into the premier park in NorCal. With the big plans that CF has in store for CGA, hopefully we'll continue to see big additions to SFDK.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

My exact thoughts, especially if they are adding "coaster" onto everything. We already have a looper, V2, Superman, and Cobra for really short, forward & backward coaster experiences. Looks like a fun addition but between my two home parks in the Bay I'm going with Cedar Fair, as Trailblazer & Hangtime at Knotts looks awesome.

Edit: I meant Boomerang instead of Cobra

Edited by Bubba

So SFDK will have not one, but TWO rides mismarketed as coasters. Is that a record?

In spite of all the misleading marketing, I do like this addition. While it is not nearly as exciting as CGA's, this still looks like a very fun ride nonetheless. It has also been great for a park on the smaller side to see so many fun new rides in a fairly short amount of time. I love what both NorCal parks are doing.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

My exact thoughts, especially if they are adding "coaster" onto everything. We already have a looper, V2, Superman, and Cobra for really short, forward & backward coaster experiences. Looks like a fun addition but between my two home parks in the Bay I'm going with Cedar Fair, as Trailblazer & Hangtime at Knotts looks awesome.

I was thinking this same thing, but for me it's still a new thing for my bucket list. Even if it is another forward/backward ride in a park full of shuttle coasters, and pendulum rides. I don't understand the addition of the larson loop though, I feel like they could've stalled that year, introduced Joker the next year, and then introduce this as the only larson-loop like attraction. Even though I'd argue in saying that Superman feels a bit like a large-scale gravity based larson loop, so all of these additions in that aspect feel a bit arbitrary. It's a shame that the park keeps adding shuttle coasters, and flat rides that base their thrill on going forward/backwards. I mean we have V2, Boomerang, Superman, Hammerhead Shark, and Dare-Devil already.

Are we all that surprised by a similar ride? SFDK has always had a tendency to put it similar rides.

They have 3 swing rides of varying sizes (4 if you count Sky Screamer)

They had 2 Zamperla Crazy Bus style rides (though I think one has been removed).

They have 2 spinning pendulum style rides.

They have 2 Multi-Launced single train coasters that feature vertical drop and barrel rolls.

They have 3 Kiddie "dumbo" style rides.

I think this one looks fun. Nothing to plan a trip around, but more worth a ride than the Larson Loop ride.

I think this fits the definition of coaster more so than the Larson loops...it appears to have some kind of launch in the station(s) and that part that looks like the Larson conveyor, or what even it is is just linking the trains together to make a collision impossible, it's actually just one long train (launch and gravity)

I care less than nothing about the standard loop rides but I think it looks pretty cool.....regardless of whether or not it can be considered a roller coaster. The general public will eat it up like Roseanne Barr on a loose meat sandwich.

Nothern Cali people have a treat for next year. Both parks upping the ante with brand new coasters.

Coming to SF parks in 2019.... world's largest Skywarps, about 10 feet higher. Looks like I would try it once , but I cannot understand WHY did they put it in a park with a Larson Loop already???? How many more rides are they gonna shove in that corner of the park?

Funny how in some threads people say there's not enough rides and in others they talk about too many.

Hopefully they shove more rides into that section.

I don't think a Skywarp being in the same park as a loop is a very big issue. I'll just walk past Dare Devil on my way to Harley Quinn. Problem solved. I also don't think very many people are going to think of Dare Devil when seeing the skywarp. It certainly looks a hell of a lot better.

The only downside to getting the skywarp is I was hoping SFDK would be getting the 4D themed to either Batman or Harley.

Maybe next year....