TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I hate being a complainer...but I absolutely loved Georgia Cyclone, and I'm sad to be losing it to this half-a-coaster.

Um, you're losing 500 feet of track, not "half" a ride. Do some research before you post stupid comments like this. Thanks.

ps. We hate that you're a complainer, also.

Edited by robbalvey

-The fact that Over Georgia now has one of the best coaster collections in the world.

They really do. I hoped so hard for this conversion after visiting (and hoped they'd go with blue rails even, pretty sure I posted that here forever ago!) But yeah this parks lineup is absolutely fu*king stacked.

RMC Cylone

a really good B&M hyper

a really really good, classic custom Schwarzkopf multi-looper,

the BEST Superman clone

a good Batman clone

the best B&M standup

a classic, really good out-and-back woodie

a really great 3-lift mine train

a really great unique drop tower

a really great classic dark ride

a really great modern dark ride

a refurbished classic Vekoma (yeah Im reaching with this)

a Skyscreamer

a great Gotham city

etc etc etc

I love this park so much.

I've never been to this park but this looks awesome, definitely going to try to plan a trip to get down there next year after this ride opens. Don't get me wrong we have great parks in my area that everyone would love to have but at the same time I'd absolutely love to have a local RMC. You guys should be thrilled with this!

-The fact that Over Georgia now has one of the best coaster collections in the world.

They really do. I hoped so hard for this conversion after visiting (and hoped they'd go with blue rails even, pretty sure I posted that here forever ago!) But yeah this parks lineup is absolutely fu*king stacked.

RMC Cylone

a really good B&M hyper

the BEST Superman clone

a good Batman clone

the best B&M standup

a Skyscreamer

a great Gotham city

etc etc etc

It’s easy for me to forget how much we really have because I visit this park 8-10 times a season usually. But when you put it like that, we do have a lot going for us! Not to mention some charm that just isn’t matched by many of the other corporate parks.

A little surprised that I didn’t see anything announced for White Water. Did I miss something?

The reverse cobra roll looks amazing. You get a barrel roll drop without losing a regular first drop. The automotive-themed trains make sense. Texas Giant and Georgia Cyclone both opened in 1990, and now their RMC reincarnations are siblings again.

Re: ride time, In addition to the drop-to-brake time, there's also the pre-lift. Shouldn't feel too short.

Already planning my return in 2018. Taking an extra day off to ensure Amtrak delays don't cut my trip short again.

Edited by SLCHeadache

A shorter ride means the line will move faster. I can't believe someone has a complaint about an RMC conversion of a coaster that has seen its day.

A shorter ride definitely means a higher theoretical capacity but it all depends on how fast those trains can be loaded. I'd still expect the same throughput as any of the other RMCs that run 2 trains.

And my god, this ride just adds to all ridiculous amount of RMCs opening for next year! 2018 is going to be a great year for coasters!

After riding Goliath out at Great America this summer, I have to say even a "short" RMC is still a friggin' awesome RMC. This POV looks like the ride will not disappoint in the slightest. I hope I can finally make it down to Georgia next season, I've been kicking myself that I haven't yet gotten down there.

I guess you could complain that it's on the short side but honestly it's only like 500 feet shorter than Storm Chaser which I've heard people completely rave about so I'm guessing this thing will be action packed start to finish, and a huge hit.

I'm looking forward to getting back to this park, it's been a few years since they haven't really built anything new that interested me but this and Justice League make it worth the trip.

Looks like we locals to the park can breathe a collective sigh of relief that the teasers were just such, and the actual S&S free spin is going to Mexico.

I'm excited to have my own RMC moments away from my house, and yes I'll be buying another season pass next year for sure! The blue track plays a nice homage to the original color scheme, and it's nice to see natural wood.

We also get a unique element on our RMC, after the first drop. The outside inverted cobra roll looks really amazing. And that 90 degree banked airtime Hill is going to be rediculous! Way to go SFOG!

Here's a random thought.

Are RMC woodies now the B&M Inverts of the 90's?

We're seeing more and more of the rides built, they all have very similar elements, pacing, and stats, they're all great rides that both enthusiasts and the public love, parks and maintenance seems to like them, etc.

Now the question is will they evolve and change? Stay in this niche? Get less intense to go to other parks?

I haven't been on Cyclone since 2010, and I had some really good rides on it! No doubt they are making this conversion for a reason, though.

That elongated sideways airtime hill??? Whew, I'm sweatin'. I see a bit of Wildfire ( sideways hill) Mean Streak (the twisted roll in and out of the first turn) and Iron Rattler with that first drop. IR gets tons of praise for the first drop, so I'm excited for this ride.

Guys, there's still an old wooden coaster on the other side of the park that'll satisfy that craving!

I hated to hear about them closing the Georgia Cyclone. I always remember two Georgia Cyclone rides. The first one was the very first time I rode it I was not expecting it to be as rough as it was and when all was said and done I knew how a pinball felt. After that I refused to sit on the exit side of the train unless I was riding with a friend. The other memorable ride was when I rode in the back seat.

That being said the new ride looks incredible and gives me an excuse to head back to Atlanta next year. As far as some of the ride being taken out this is normal for RMC conversions but it is not as much as it seems. I counted three hills being gone and also the final two turnarounds. It just seems like a lot because the Georgia Cyclone was a short coaster to begin with.

RMC Cylone

a really good B&M hyper

the BEST Superman clone

a good Batman clone

the best B&M standup

a Skyscreamer

a great Gotham city

etc etc etc

It’s easy for me to forget how much we really have because I visit this park 8-10 times a season usually. But when you put it like that, we do have a lot going for us! Not to mention some charm that just isn’t matched by many of the other corporate parks.

A little surprised that I didn’t see anything announced for White Water. Did I miss something?

Don't forgot the chains only Eurofighter

Here's a random thought.

We're seeing more and more of the rides built, they all have very similar elements, pacing, and stats, they're all great rides that both enthusiasts and the public love, parks and maintenance seems to like them, etc.

Now the question is will they evolve and change? Stay in this niche? Get less intense to go to other parks?

That's a good point. I think we'll definitely see less and less of these conversions over the years as the world runs out of regular woodies capable of being converted. But I'm sure we'll see many more custom woodies and new products from RMC for many years to come!

Here's a random thought.

Even this one has the barrel roll turnaround which is a new element for them. As long as RMC keeps adding new elements such as this or that cutback on Twisted Timbers, I think they'll have enough variety in their conversions to make the rides different.

My wife said it looks smaller then she expected. I agree that it looks shorter, but I'm excited for this. The sideways airtime on Fury is a really odd and cool sensation so I'm sure that this will be a standout moment on this ride as well.

Also, I'm kinda sad we aren't seeing more traditional stalls like we saw RMC doing initially. At the same time, it's nice to see each ride being a little bit different from the others.