TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Okay, I understand why a park would put VR on a "not so modern" coaster like Gardaland will do next season. But I just don't understand why they would put VR on the best coaster in the park. Is that just me, or?

VR on an RMC coaster?! Wtf?! Has the park gone insane?!

I get the point of putting it on an older, dated, less popular coaster. . . But an RMC?? Like, really?? The last thing I want to do while riding an RMC coaster, is strap a phone to my face that makes me pretend like I'm somewhere else. . . No thank you, I want to be right there on the RMC coaster, not in a pretend galaxy not so far away. #SMDH

I am so over this "VR" thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I get the point of putting it on an older, dated, less popular coaster. . . But an RMC?? Like, really?? The last thing I want to do while riding an RMC coaster, is strap a phone to my face that makes me pretend like I'm somewhere else. . . No thank you, I want to be right there on the RMC coaster, not in a pretend galaxy not so far away. #SMDHg.

A roller coaster is a roller coaster regardless of how good or bad we think it is.

I was really hoping we would leave the VR craze in 2016, but I guess not. I think it's a cool idea that works on some coasters if executed correctly (Iron Dragon and Freedom Flyer are good examples), but Six Flags has been putting it on all the wrong type of rides. I really hope this isn't the future of roller coasters.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys!

Just to let you know that Six Flags is doing online surveys to Season Pass holders in Mexico about the possibility of a new theme park and an aquatic one in Monterrey(Nuevo León):

19396830_1470414849687074_9173957579659055633_n.jpg?oh=bab1db4f0dbfbf536712ce824c2b5eb2&oe=59E32DFC

19247591_1470414879687071_1840883164977085337_n.jpg?oh=0a9cdc3bcfbf2be3e8298e1c5628b442&oe=59C92B04

Images courtesy of MontañaRusa.Com Facebook page.

So basically in the screen captions they're asking about the distance of the "new location" in that city and the kinds of food you would like to have in there and things like that. So, what do you think? A future second Six Flags park or Hurricane Harbor in Mexico is in the planning?

• 4 weeks later...
...I really hope this isn't the future of roller coasters.

It can't and it won't, as far as I can see. People still want to be able to see down the first

drop, look around them at the (supposed) coaster hell they've gotten them self into, lol.

I highly doubt VR will take over the future of all coasters.

And... I miss SFMexico.

• 1 month later...

Wonder Woman 4-D Free Fly Coaster coming to Six Flags Mexico in 2018!

Six Flags Mexico is launching its first ever 4D Free Fly Coaster in 2018. This uniquely designed roller coaster will feature theming based on DC’s iconic Super Hero—WONDER WOMAN. On the new WONDER WOMAN Coaster, riders are lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill and then immediately flipped head-over-heels, backwards and forwards multiple times as they speed along the undulating vertically stacked track. The technologically advanced Free Fly design allows cars to be extended outward from the track as riders sit suspended in mid-air. Two beyond 90-degree raven drops give the sensation of heart-pounding free-falls from high above the ground.

579656950_wonderwoman.thumb.jpg.6bf629f165e7d7ae792caa179d8430cb.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I think this is a great addition for the park, and I like the colors and the theme! But I'm not going to lie... After riding both sides of my first Free Fly earlier this year at GAdv, I came away pretty UN-enthused about them... Maybe it's because I'm only about 200 pounds, and my sister I was riding with less than that, but there was hardly any flipping, and it just didn't do much other than that... Besides being REALLY short! I wanted to like them a lot, because the concept is great! But without the spinning, the ride experience just didn't deliver for me, and I still haven't bothered to make the trek to SFGAm this year, in spite of having a pass to go there all year. But again, I still like this addition for this park!