TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

What if it is just a SkyScreamer that is named Storm Chaser instead?

They didn't go before the village board, so they can't build anything over 200 feet (or 125 feet for areas close to houses). It's possible they'd build a small SkyScreamer, but I think that would be rather disappointing.

I went to the park the first Thursday of August this year around 8pm and was able to ride 11 of the roller coasters in under 2 hours before the park closed.

That's when I usually go! After a stop at the Dairy Queen, of course. Double or triple rides on all my favorites like Eagle and Demon. Whizzer is a 2 or 3 train wait then, small wait... but so good to see it so popular after all these years. A gem in the chain!

Just finished an amazing day at the park. Hardly any lines mostly thanks to an early rain storm that kept most of the rides down. Also I was able to get on the last cycle on King Chaos. Took a few pictures of it for memories. I can't wait until Thursday to see what is (might) be replacing it.

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

New Record Breaking Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Great America

World’s Largest Loop Coaster Coming in 2018

GURNEE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, has an announcement of epic proportions. Coming in 2018 is the world’s largest loop coaster. This world-record breaking attraction will take riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before suspending them completely upside down for plenty of wicked hang-time.

“Six Flags continues to prove that innovation is in our DNA, and we are thrilled to introduce yet another world-record breaking coaster to our impressive arsenal of thrill rides,” said Park President Hank Salemi. “Standing at 100 feet tall, this is an experience our guests cannot get anywhere else on the planet. With the multiple inversions and record hang-time, this new coaster packs a punch and is going to be one of our most intense attractions.”

This ride will have riders traveling in unique “face-off” seating. Thrill seekers will go through a whirlwind series of 360° revolutions suspended upside down for the most insane, inverted hang-time of any coaster in the park before reeling down in the opposite direction.

Highlights include:

World’s largest coaster of its kind;

100 feet tall;

360 degree revolutions with multiple inversions;

32 seats in unique “face-off” design, with guests seated back-to-back and face-to-face;

Inverted hang-time with riders suspended upside down for extended times; and

The park’s 16th coaster.

2018_Key_Art.thumb.jpg.0bfcccc7f4e0eeaf26c520fc4f1973c0.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Not sure if I'm laughing at the addition, or the addition's name, or the addition's lack of a name, but I find this to be the most hilarious of SF's announcements this morning!

Honestly, the addition, for what it is, is actually kind of cool, being the largest of its kind. But WTF with the name situation??? It's almost as if (like I mentioned in the SFOT thread) they accidentally gave the wrong name to their new flat there, and that Harley Quinn name was supposed to go on THIS! Oh well... What's works in China, can work in Chicago, right?

By making this larger, at least it does separate itself a little more than the versions that you see at carnivals. While often made fun of for now being a coaster by us, the smaller versions are pretty fun rides so I'm sure this will be the same. These give crazy hangtime.

Damn, had I known I would have postponed our Chicago trip until next year so that I could get the credit. Still, this looks like a great addition that will really help round out an already impressive coaster collection. I definitely didn't expect Six Flags to drop 5 coasters on us in one year. This is awesome!

Damn, had I known I would have postponed our Chicago trip until next year so that I could get the credit. Still, this looks like a great addition that will really help round out an already impressive coaster collection. I definitely didn't expect Six Flags to drop 5 coasters on us in one year. This is awesome!

Watch the world burn