Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

p. 1135 - "World's Largest Loop Coaster" for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby RollingCoasting » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Top 5: 1. Hades 360 2. Raging Bull 3. Goliath(GAm) 4. Mr. Freeze:Reverse Blast(STL) 5.Batman: The Ride(GAm)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:44 am

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Does anybody remember the price of Goliath?
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:32 pm

I think it was around $14 million, but if you look back in this thread to 2013 or 2014, I'm sure you can find it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 am

New Record Breaking Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Great America
World’s Largest Loop Coaster Coming in 2018

GURNEE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, has an announcement of epic proportions. Coming in 2018 is the world’s largest loop coaster. This world-record breaking attraction will take riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before suspending them completely upside down for plenty of wicked hang-time.

“Six Flags continues to prove that innovation is in our DNA, and we are thrilled to introduce yet another world-record breaking coaster to our impressive arsenal of thrill rides,” said Park President Hank Salemi. “Standing at 100 feet tall, this is an experience our guests cannot get anywhere else on the planet. With the multiple inversions and record hang-time, this new coaster packs a punch and is going to be one of our most intense attractions.”

This ride will have riders traveling in unique “face-off” seating. Thrill seekers will go through a whirlwind series of 360° revolutions suspended upside down for the most insane, inverted hang-time of any coaster in the park before reeling down in the opposite direction.

Highlights include:

World’s largest coaster of its kind;
100 feet tall;
360 degree revolutions with multiple inversions;
32 seats in unique “face-off” design, with guests seated back-to-back and face-to-face;
Inverted hang-time with riders suspended upside down for extended times; and
The park’s 16th coaster.
2018_Key_Art.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:46 am.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:21 am

My favorite/least favorite of the Six Flags names this year.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:41 am

Okay, looks like I don't need to go to Chicago next year. These are solid rides, though, and I'm glad they found a way to market one.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:26 am

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Not sure if I'm laughing at the addition, or the addition's name, or the addition's lack of a name, but I find this to be the most hilarious of SF's announcements this morning!

Honestly, the addition, for what it is, is actually kind of cool, being the largest of its kind. But WTF with the name situation??? It's almost as if (like I mentioned in the SFOT thread) they accidentally gave the wrong name to their new flat there, and that Harley Quinn name was supposed to go on THIS! :lol: Oh well... What's works in China, can work in Chicago, right? ;)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 am

By making this larger, at least it does separate itself a little more than the versions that you see at carnivals. While often made fun of for now being a coaster by us, the smaller versions are pretty fun rides so I'm sure this will be the same. These give crazy hangtime.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!