TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Except SFMM has never teased their attractions, even in big years, which I've always found rather odd. Perhaps they've found in this region, teasing new attractions just doesn't work, as Knotts barely teased Hangtime either.

Or yeah, maybe nothing much is coming. Maybe a DC kids or new kids rides in Bugs Bunny World.

I think it's ALL or Nothing year!

I don't know how you take a theme park from a seasonal schedule to a daily one.

Do you invest heavy in a major attraction to create additional attendance to justify the daily ops?

Is the expanded schedule the new addition itself? - conserving the budget to meet the needs of a expanded operating schedule?

I'm hoping for the Giga winged dive Coaster personally

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

They said they're announcing a new ride on 8/31. So it's something in addition to the schedule, which has already been announced anyway.

That's correct, the email I got specifically said they are announcing a new ride on 8/31. In fact, the email said:

August 31: Flash Sale & New Ride Announcement

Mark your calendar! On August 31, 2017 we have a huge announcement about next year. We'll also be launching our once-a-year, five day sale on 2018 Season Passes.

I don't think SFMM is getting a coaster in 2018 (although I'd love to see a dive or giga, maybe as a viper replacement), so my guess is a Star Flyer or giant pendulum like WW at SFDK.

One and done rides for me. However one at the top of the mountain would be pretty cool. Whatever it is, does anyone know why SFMM is the only major park not teasing?

For about two seconds, there was a Condor at the top of the mountain. Well, if you consider the location of Chop Six/Panda Express near Viper the top of the mountain.

That would be an excellent place for a Condor. I love those rides! Maybe they could fill in that Superman plaza a bit? A drinking fountain would be nice... but a ride, yeah, that would be nice too!

EDIT: BANNED!

I seriously do not understand what is wrong with people. But it's fine. Keep making posts and we will have absolutely no problem banning your insanely stupid ass from our forums.

That's TWO already before the actual announcements have even happened! I am personally enjoying this!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

World’s Tallest Pendulum Ride, CraZanity, at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2018 - Now 365 Days of Thrills

Newly themed Boardwalk Area With Renovated Attractions, Dining, Games and Shopping Coming in 2018

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed “Thrill Capital of the World,” today unveiled plans for a crazy fun 2018 when CraZanity, the world’s tallest pendulum ride, makes its debut in late spring. At a record-breaking 17-stories in the air, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 75-miles-per-hour, as it whips back and forth— higher and higher to give riders a staggering view of the world below them.

The Los Angeles-based theme park also recently announced it is entering the destination travel market by launching a 365-day operating calendar on January 1, 2018. With Southern California welcoming more than 47 million visitors annually and a noted theme park mecca, Six Flags will now have an operating schedule on par with all other theme parks in Southern California.

“Known world-wide for having the best thrills bar none, combined with a strong and expanding global Six Flags brand, there is no better time to enter the destination market. The addition of 100 days not only greatly expands our travel industry opportunities, but also allows us to further leverage the vast population of 24-million Southern California residents and our valued Season Pass Holder base who recognize that Six Flags Magic Mountain is hands down the place for thrills,” said Park President Bonnie Sherman Weber. “The new CraZanity is a mash up of craziness and insane fun, an experience different from anything else we have in our unparalleled thrill ride arsenal. We are delighted to introduce what will be the centerpiece of a newly-themed, Boardwalk area, and another world-record attraction.”

The Boardwalk highlights include:

• CraZanity – where 40 riders will experience speeds up to 75 miles-per-hour as they

reach a world-record 17 stories high;

• The pendulum swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise;

• As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at

172 feet in the air; and,

• Enhanced Bumper Cars, renovated attractions, dining, games and shopping.

663495788_CraZanitylogo.thumb.png.318087a6eb75c1873f9b91ee40669151.png

SFMM_CraZanity_Rendering1.thumb.jpg.d4e0c776c531496979614baa15c131f1.jpg

SFMM_CraZanity_Rendering2.thumb.jpg.34a0739e4ed61982ca2cf58bac3db8b8.jpg

SFMM_CraZanity_TheBoardwalk_Rendering.thumb.jpg.f1d4504e1939207f566eb0fb56ffcfe3.jpg

SFMM_CraZanity_KeyArt_forum.thumb.jpg.a5bdf1a49cebcf57725b7510ec2b21c2.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

This is a great addition. The things the park was lacking ride wise was in the thrilling flat ride category. Now along with the coasters and Lex Luthor, this is a must hit in any future visit.

I'm guessing this is a Zamperla based on the use of Riddler Revenge in that video below, but would love to have a confirmation.