Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:28 pm

^You obviously don't follow @Carowinds Besides, this would be nothing compared to KD's 2017 teasing. #ReallyMoreComing
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Donomike05 wrote:Also from what I have seen, other Cedar fair parks that are for sure getting coaster(CGA CP KBF KF) on twitter they are the only parks that have dropped hints on 2018 attractions. So why would valleyfair drop all of these hints for a flat.

Carowinds has been giving a hint everyday since Thursday. Sure it's not a coaster, but they also have dropped hints. Moving Tilter to another area that has more mild rides would make sense if they are putting a more thrilling flat in that spot.
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 pm

I'd like to thank everyone for a great season. My season ended on Friday night with the turning in of my associate ID. Now comes the getting ready to move to Tampa for college. Even though my schedule was shortened due to transportation issues, I still had an awesome year at Power Tower/MRVR and will likely return next year (Hopefully I'll learn engineer). I'll post my best of the season pics later on.

In celebration of my leaving, I was able to get a zen night ride on Renegade!
20170811_224931.jpg
See you all next year!

Keep calm and ride on!
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby garyman6 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:45 am

Donomike05 wrote:I just don't understand why they would move titler if they weren't going to use part of the parking lot. Tilter take up zero space so why move it just to put a flat.

I totally agree with this. Tilter doesn't take up much space but it would make a great entrance point for something that is going to take parking lot space. We do know that they are going to build another parking lot so losing parking space here is going at affect them at all. In fact, it makes sense to continue expansion along highway 101 for curb appeal!! I really have no idea at this point what is going here. Is it possible that a new coaster is going here but won't open till late 2018?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Mikxy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 am

garyman6 wrote:
Donomike05 wrote:I just don't understand why they would move titler if they weren't going to use part of the parking lot. Tilter take up zero space so why move it just to put a flat.

I totally agree with this. Tilter doesn't take up much space but it would make a great entrance point for something that is going to take parking lot space. We do know that they are going to build another parking lot so losing parking space here is going at affect them at all. In fact, it makes sense to continue expansion along highway 101 for curb appeal!! I really have no idea at this point what is going here. Is it possible that a new coaster is going here but won't open till late 2018?

Steel Venom's got curb appeal. I just don't think Knott's Boomerang is coming to us. I sure hope it isn't. We have enough shuttles for this small of a park.
If I were to die today, I'd hope I was riding roller coasters! =)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Drbcoaster » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 am

BANNED FROM TPR.

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 am

New Family Thrill Ride, Area Enhancements Coming to Valleyfair in 2018

Valleyfair is turning things upside down with Delirious, a 70-foot looping thrill ride for its 2018 season. Delirious will coil riders upside-down on a seven story, 360-degree freestanding structure with a high capacity, high speed train. Completing ten complete revolutions in less than a minute, Delirious will leave you craving more hang time. The ride will be a prominent feature in the park’s Route 76 nostalgia-themed area.

Riders board the 24-person train where they begin to rock back and forth. The train gains momentum and races around the inside of the track, eventually slowing to hold riders suspended upside-down; the ride then reverses direction. Delirious will be capable of completing 10 complete revolutions in less than a minute, producing a high intensity ride experience. The ride’s purple color scheme, lighting, and music will create an immersive atmosphere in keeping with Route 76’s classic amusement park theme.

Delirious joins other improvements in the picturesque Route 76 area, including new shade structures, improved lighting, and enhanced seating and gathering locations. The themed area opened in 2014 as a way to bring guests back to the classic ambience of Valleyfair when it first opened in 1976.

"Delirious is a great addition to the retro family road trip feel of Route 76,” said Brad Marcy, general manager, Valleyfair. “The additional atmospheric enhancements to the area will allow our Twin Cities neighbors to not only relive memories of visits to Valleyfair, but also create new family traditions and enjoy the ‘best day’ experience that we strive to give everyone."
DHWyxPYVwAIgLm5.png
DHWzN9pUAAMyvyJ.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 10.10.13.png
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:09 am.

Postby Mikxy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

robbalvey wrote:Valleyfair will introduce Delirious, a 70-foot looping thrill ride for its 2018 season.

Trolled.

Postby Mikxy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 am

I knew the picture they posted of the plans was Steel Venom's queue

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Lightning9SX » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 am

And there it is. You can't make this up. What a disappointment.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!