TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

On Valleyfair's web app in the news feed there's a new photo showing were the new ride will go it looks like the new ride will go in the spot of the tilt a whirl and the tilt a whirl will go some we're else in the park but we're will it go? Maybe they will move the tilter whirl and put it under the Wild Thing turn around or put it back in its original spot by the Wild Thing enterance.

Edited by Lightning Rod

^ Of course there is enough room. They could even use some of the parking lot behind it if needed for whatever it is. I think it's a Top Scan personally.

vf2018.JPG.538b881a0b6e5e78c818fc7a239e4e6e.JPG

On a side note...

Even though I highly doubt it will happen, but there is actually enough space for Knott's Boomerang if they use the parking lot behind there. The width at the cobra roll is 92' according to Google maps....the same space between Steel Venom's queue and Ripord's fence.

Okay maybe I'm way off but tomorrow is National Roller Coaster day and it seems to be the day CF is announcing most of its coasters tomorrow. Why would they announce a flat ride on the day with all of the big coaster announcements?

I recall hearing somewhere that Cedar Fair is announcing ALL of their parks' additions tomorrow (that are getting something). Could somebody confirm, or am I remembering wrong?

Okay maybe I'm way off but tomorrow is National Roller Coaster day and it seems to be the day CF is announcing most of its coasters tomorrow. Why would they announce a flat ride on the day with all of the big coaster announcements?

I recall hearing somewhere that Cedar Fair is announcing ALL of their parks' additions tomorrow (that are getting something). Could somebody confirm, or am I remembering wrong?

If that's the case, then I stand corrected. Seems a bit weird though. Why move a ride for no reason? I honestly feel like were getting that boomerang. They can say VF finally got a new coaster and the GP will think it's super cool.

Didn't the VF GM step down because of creative differences with CF? Maybe it was because of the boomerang.

Also from what I have seen, other Cedar fair parks that are for sure getting coaster(CGA CP KBF KF) on twitter they are the only parks that have dropped hints on 2018 attractions. So why would valleyfair drop all of these hints for a flat.

Also from what I have seen, other Cedar fair parks that are for sure getting coaster(CGA CP KBF KF) on twitter they are the only parks that have dropped hints on 2018 attractions. So why would valleyfair drop all of these hints for a flat.

Carowinds has been giving a hint everyday since Thursday. Sure it's not a coaster, but they also have dropped hints. Moving Tilter to another area that has more mild rides would make sense if they are putting a more thrilling flat in that spot.

I'd like to thank everyone for a great season. My season ended on Friday night with the turning in of my associate ID. Now comes the getting ready to move to Tampa for college. Even though my schedule was shortened due to transportation issues, I still had an awesome year at Power Tower/MRVR and will likely return next year (Hopefully I'll learn engineer). I'll post my best of the season pics later on.

In celebration of my leaving, I was able to get a zen night ride on Renegade!20170811_224931.thumb.jpg.4791187bc2f0bc9ee25c0ed58df92743.jpg

See you all next year!

Keep calm and ride on!

I just don't understand why they would move titler if they weren't going to use part of the parking lot. Tilter take up zero space so why move it just to put a flat.

I totally agree with this. Tilter doesn't take up much space but it would make a great entrance point for something that is going to take parking lot space. We do know that they are going to build another parking lot so losing parking space here is going at affect them at all. In fact, it makes sense to continue expansion along highway 101 for curb appeal!! I really have no idea at this point what is going here. Is it possible that a new coaster is going here but won't open till late 2018?

I just don't understand why they would move titler if they weren't going to use part of the parking lot. Tilter take up zero space so why move it just to put a flat.

I totally agree with this. Tilter doesn't take up much space but it would make a great entrance point for something that is going to take parking lot space. We do know that they are going to build another parking lot so losing parking space here is going at affect them at all. In fact, it makes sense to continue expansion along highway 101 for curb appeal!! I really have no idea at this point what is going here. Is it possible that a new coaster is going here but won't open till late 2018?

Steel Venom's got curb appeal. I just don't think Knott's Boomerang is coming to us. I sure hope it isn't. We have enough shuttles for this small of a park.

New Family Thrill Ride, Area Enhancements Coming to Valleyfair in 2018

Valleyfair is turning things upside down with Delirious, a 70-foot looping thrill ride for its 2018 season. Delirious will coil riders upside-down on a seven story, 360-degree freestanding structure with a high capacity, high speed train. Completing ten complete revolutions in less than a minute, Delirious will leave you craving more hang time. The ride will be a prominent feature in the park’s Route 76 nostalgia-themed area.

Riders board the 24-person train where they begin to rock back and forth. The train gains momentum and races around the inside of the track, eventually slowing to hold riders suspended upside-down; the ride then reverses direction. Delirious will be capable of completing 10 complete revolutions in less than a minute, producing a high intensity ride experience. The ride’s purple color scheme, lighting, and music will create an immersive atmosphere in keeping with Route 76’s classic amusement park theme.

Delirious joins other improvements in the picturesque Route 76 area, including new shade structures, improved lighting, and enhanced seating and gathering locations. The themed area opened in 2014 as a way to bring guests back to the classic ambience of Valleyfair when it first opened in 1976.

"Delirious is a great addition to the retro family road trip feel of Route 76,” said Brad Marcy, general manager, Valleyfair. “The additional atmospheric enhancements to the area will allow our Twin Cities neighbors to not only relive memories of visits to Valleyfair, but also create new family traditions and enjoy the ‘best day’ experience that we strive to give everyone."

DHWyxPYVwAIgLm5.thumb.png.89d22fd55a7f13c20ef3ace9eb89389f.png

DHWzN9pUAAMyvyJ.jpg.c53870b5bf81431b0285e67ac97ceffa.jpg

1399923338_ScreenShot2017-08-16at10_10_13.png.238f6cd263febac274b979571f3db0b7.png

Edited by robbalvey