TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

So has anyone else seen the post made on Screamscape relating to Carowinds and some new North Carolina law?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

They are speculating that they may have too close some rides on Monday due to a new inspection law relating to the Ohio fair accident. Not sure how credible it is but it would really be crazy thinking a major theme park having to shut down a majority of rides.

It looks like I may get a chance to make it Carowinds for the first time this September. The only problem is that based on schedule and such the only day that would be available for me to hit up the park would be Saturday Sepember 16th. I try not to make it to any park on Saturday's but this would be the only day I could make it, how terrible to Saturday crowds tend to be? Are they any better that late in the season once school is back in session?

Not a Carowinds expert but crowds won't be as bad as you think. It's a Saturday so it won't be as empty as a Sunday, but it's also a Scarowinds day so most people riding adult rides will probably be there in the evening. In my opinion. We did a weekend in October and lines were non existent during the day, granted that was a Sunday, but September is a great time to go to parks across the country if they have a separate admission evening event.

It looks like I may get a chance to make it Carowinds for the first time this September. The only problem is that based on schedule and such the only day that would be available for me to hit up the park would be Saturday Sepember 16th. I try not to make it to any park on Saturday's but this would be the only day I could make it, how terrible to Saturday crowds tend to be? Are they any better that late in the season once school is back in session?

Keep in mind the park is only open 10-5 due to Scarowinds. The crowds should be manageable, however with Carolina Harbor closed for the season, it may seem busier than a summer Saturday. I think you'll be fine as long as you arrive at opening and hit up Nighthawk first thing. If wait times get crazy you could always get Fast Lane if it's in your budget, but wouldn't buy it before arriving in case it's not busy enough to warrant the cost.

So has anyone else seen the post made on Screamscape relating to Carowinds and some new North Carolina law?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

They are speculating that they may have too close some rides on Monday due to a new inspection law relating to the Ohio fair accident. Not sure how credible it is but it would really be crazy thinking a major theme park having to shut down a majority of rides.

This should have no effect on Carowinds at the moment. The quote states that the testing is needed to get certification to operate in the state. All of the rides at Carowinds already have the needed certificates to run. Unless the state revoked existing certifications it will not matter until next season.

Teaser # 6:

Charlie Brown gives Snoopy a new outfit...a camping outfit.

cw20186.JPG.c89527d3194a47a280678b1f30216576.JPG

28af92611f2f2370f7170d57bdbe0d99--camp-snoopy-knotts-berry.jpg

So perhaps the area will be rethemed to Camp Snoopy or a section of Planet Snoopy will be themed as such.

Carowinds once had it like that (a mini area within a larger area) before Paramount turned the whole section to Nickelodeon Central.

One thing I am wondering is if they could be adding all these additions to the area where WWL was and creating a whole new snoopy themed area? Although moving the carousel would seem to shoot that theory dead.

NEWLY EXPANDED KIDS’ AREA, PRE-K PASS TO DEBUT

AT CAROWINDS IN 2018

Expansion will bring six new attractions, including an 8,000 square foot play area

New FREE Pre-K Pass introduced

Charlotte, N.C., Aug. 16, 2017 – Carowinds will debut a newly expanded kids’ area, Camp Snoopy, opening for the spring 2018 season. Formerly known as Planet Snoopy, Camp Snoopy will feature new rides, a climb and play area and a more natural looking midway that celebrates the beauty of the Carolina wilderness. Also new for 2018 is the Pre-K Pass, a season pass offering free admission to children ages three to five.

The Camp Snoopy playtime spot will feature five new rides:

Camp Bus: Buckle up on the wacky camp bus and take a ride that will lift guests into the air and back down to the ground in smooth extensions.

PEANUTS™ Trailblazers: Get behind the wheel of a Jeep-themed vehicle and burn rubber on a small, round speedway.

Kite Eating Tree: Ride along in a kite vehicle that travels up and down a tree.

Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies: Take a trip in a “mud buggy,” where guests will rotate around the popular Pig Pen character while bouncing on a bumpy ride.

Woodstock Whirlybirds: Spin around in an oversized birds nest on this classic ride.

In addition, an 8,000 square foot climb and play area, Beagle Scout Acres, will be added. Children can explore the wide open space with three all-new features:

The youngest adventurers will be able to gather in a fenced-in toddler area with lots of hands-on activities.

A new play hill will be an open area for guests to enjoy slides and climb on a turf covered mound.

Playground wood structures will have hands-on interactives, slides and plenty of things to climb.

The child care facility and Snack Shack restaurant will receive improvements as well.

Also for 2018, Carowinds will introduce the Pre-K Pass, a free season pass specifically for children. The Pre-K Pass provides complimentary admission for kids three to five years of age throughout the 2018 season as well as the remainder of 2017. Online pre-registration is required.

“The expansion of our kids’ area along with the introduction of the Pre-K Pass puts Carowinds as a top destination for families,” said Pat Jones, Carowinds vice president and general manager. “The new Camp Snoopy area joins our world-class attractions such as the record-breaking Fury 325 giga coaster and the massive Carolina Harbor water park in offering features that meet the needs of guests ranging from three to 23 to 93, providing unique opportunities for creating family memories.”

Guests may purchase a 2018 Gold Season Pass at the lowest price of the year. 2018 Gold Season passholders receive unlimited access to Carowinds as well as its Carolina Harbor water park in 2018, along with free admission to SCarowinds and WinterFest, access to special passholder-only events, plus one free visit during the remaining 2017 season. The special pricing ends October 29, 2017.

451832348_BeagleScoutAcres.thumb.jpg.3b2022eb9acfeed3c704da425f48050f.jpg

917598094_CampSnoopyBirdseye.thumb.jpg.c724af68df164159fbe6ca6e85ea7fc9.jpg

682154035_CampSnoopyEntrance.thumb.jpg.0ea7ec1c9cd51af45817ae38e5ab04eb.jpg

1894888905_CampSnoopyNewRidesPOV.thumb.jpg.979384ab5eae7bf1ef17459c6cdeb877.jpg

The park has confirmed to someone on Facebook that the carousel and gliders are being relocated within the park. Excellent news!

What a relief! Those flyers are my favorite behind the Knoebel's flyers. Now I just won't have to traverse the kiddie section to get to them.

I was definitely freaking out for a minute looking at the new drawings trying to see where the flyers went! Whew, crisis averted. Interested to see where they put them.