Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Page 20 - St. Louis City Museum!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Postby ABW » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:53 pm

^Can we ban this illiterate idiot please? :lmao:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby rolercstrluvr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

ABW wrote:^Can we ban this illiterate idiot please? :lmao:

Oh ha ha ha, very funny. ;)
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:19 pm

^You are both being watched. :p

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:43 pm

robbalvey wrote:
scubaski wrote:The ride staff at Lightning Rod is the only complaint I have about Dollywood. I had the same problem when I tried to ride it last November at the Smokey Mountain CF and probably the same guy. The restraint is so stiff it's almost impossible for some to swing it down fast enough to get it to lock which was my problem and being a big guys I could not get the leverage to pull it down enough and Al came over to me and placed his hand on it with very little pressure to see if it would lock and yes it did but he made the operator unlock it and told me I had to do it myself. Needless to say, I was asked to get off the ride. Safety is one thing but bullcrap is another.

Wait. Did I read that correctly? The op came over to see if he could get it to lock, and he could, and then unlocked it and made you do it, and when you couldn't (because you don't work there and don't know as much about the ride as he does) you were told you couldn't ride???

That's TERRIBLE if that is actually what happened and totally inexcusable. I've been on all the RMC's now except Joker and I've never seen anything like this.

Goodness! If Dolly Parton forgets to wear her bra when she takes a spin on Lightening Rod, I sure hope that "AL" isn't on duty to 'lock and load!'

Nevermind! :lmao: :oops:

I am so very much enjoying your Trip Report and am thrilled that you got to ride LR. Indeed, the entire atmosphere of Dollywood beckons me down South! Enjoy your fun days to come, and thanks for keeping us posted!

Alice

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:10 pm

I was glad to see TPR and friends got to ride Lightning Rod this year. I was one of the many who missed out on it last year during my visit but It's good to read the glowing reviews. I'll be back soon enough to ride and get my share of cinnamon bread.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby rolercstrluvr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:17 pm

^ Because you can NEVER have enough cinnamon bread.
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Our next day was a more 'take it easy and relax' day in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg... except that we didn't take it easy and we rode a bunch of Alpine coasters, played mini golf, went to an arcade, visited other random attractions, ate food, and ran around like crazy! lol

It was a VERY good day at these two "tourist trap" style areas outside of Dollywood, both of which provide some EXCELLENT amusements and attractions!

This morning we are at Rowdy Bear Mountain to fly down the mountain on the new Alpine Coaster in Gatlinburg!

It's brand new and "Coaster now OPEN" is a sign we LOVE to see!

I think that Elissa & Kristen enjoyed this new mountain coaster!

Next up was "Arcade City" at The Island in Pigeon Forge!

This is a giant family arcade with lots of "redemption" style games!

April actually won some headphones!

You know you're at a great arcade when they have skee-ball and plastic Dracula teeth!

The Island is a giant entertainment comples in Pigeon Forge filled with amusements, shopping, and dining. It's stil fairly new and it's a really great "hang out' location.

Next up was "Top Jump" which has an awesome Clip N Climb course. We visited here last year and liked it so much, we came back!

The obstacles at Top Jump USA are so much fun! It's like rock climbing walls on steroids!

While we didn't go up to Ober Gatlinburg this visit, we highly recommend and we have to pay homage to their amazing Von Roll ariel tramway!

Some of the group went to go check out Mystery Mansion in Gatlinburg!

Another part of the group went to check out "Hillbilly Golf" where you ride an incline Railway to the top of the course!

Since we all love Apline Coasters we went to check out another one in the area (there are three in Gatlinburg with a fourth on the way!)

Hmmm... BBQ or Pizza? Which should we choose?

Speaking about Alpine Coasters, we also made a visit to Goats on the Roof in Pigeon Forge! Their lightning package at night was great!

And just down the road, the "Alpine Coaster at Pigeon Forge" was also showing off some amazing illuminosity!

Was a great day & night hanging out in this very touristy but fun town! Our next stop... Kings Island! Thank you for reading!

Be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS! We took the time to write our report, the least you could do is pretend to say something nice! :P

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Alpine Coaster at Pigeon Forge?

:lover:

With night lighting?

:lover: :airtime: :lover:

Great looking ride. And areas, Robb!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Wow lots of fun moments on the trip so far. Great to see you guys having such a great time!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Love the Smokies! I cant wait to see them again next year!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!