Efteling Discussion Thread

Page 157: Efteling introduces Free "Fast Pass" system
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:36 am

The last episode of The Making-of: Symbolica.

Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:51 am

Question: Is that "cave" to the left of the castle the exit from it, or the entrance to the queue?

I'm just curious, thanks. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JordyC » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Question: Is that "cave" to the left of the castle the exit from it, or the entrance to the queue?

I'm just curious, thanks. :)

That 'cave' is indeed the exit of the ride. To enter the queue, you have to go through the gate on the right.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 am

The cave is the exit of the ride. You enter the queue through the gate behind the fountain, the two doors above the rockwork with te balcony in front is the entrance to the pre-show room.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:26 pm

It's been a while since I last visited this park and due to that I've been planning to go there again quite soon.

The only thing is it seems to me there's not a single day when all rides would be open at the same time! Am I wrong and do they change the scheduled ride closings occasionally, because I would not like to be disappointed on such an expensive trip.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JaxStrumley » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:It's been a while since I last visited this park and due to that I've been planning to go there again quite soon.

The only thing is it seems to me there's not a single day when all rides would be open at the same time! Am I wrong and do they change the scheduled ride closings occasionally, because I would not like to be disappointed on such an expensive trip.

The park is open year-round, so it means that attractions may be closed for maintenance in the off-season. The closings can be found on the Efteling website (https://www.efteling.com/en/park/information/in-maintenance) and these are usually quite accurate (provided there are no unexpected breakdowns of course)!
Keep in mind that large walk-through attractions (such as the Fairy Tale Wood) may be listed as closed, but this usually means that one fairy tale at a time will be closed so the attraction as a whole will be accessible.
One big closure this fall will be Python: this Vekoma coaster will be demolished (except for the lift hill) and then rebuilt the way it is now. So it will be closed from 9/11 to 12/1.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:49 am

JaxStrumley wrote:One big closure this fall will be Python: this Vekoma coaster will be demolished (except for the lift hill) and then rebuilt the way it is now. So it will be closed from 9/11 to 12/1.

is 9/11 the same as the 11th of September? Okay. I guess I'll have to leave Python and fata morgana out of the trip.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:39 pm

^ Yes, it is the same. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Can anyone say from experience how busy the park is on weekdays in early september/late august?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ethir Nandor » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:Can anyone say from experience how busy the park is on weekdays in early september/late august?

Summer/school holidays in The South of the Netherlands are until August 27, so If you go after that day on a weekday it should not be too busy.

On the site the efteling gives a handy 'business indicator' on a day-to-day basis: https://www.efteling.com/en/park/opening-hours
Only downside of not going in august on a friday or saturday is missing the opportunity to see Aquanura in the dark :).

Also keep an eye on closed attractions: several are in maintenance in september: https://www.efteling.com/en/park/information/in-maintenance

I know from experiance it is hard to find the perfect balance between busyness, opening hours and maintenance windows.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!