TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

The grand finale of the 4th of July Fireworks at Walt Disney World is incredible! We watched from the Polynesian Resort on July 3rd as they run the same show on the 3rd and the 4th every year.

They only do these "perimeter" fireworks a couple of times a year, and in the video you can see the tiny castle off in the background and the HUGE FIREWORKS all around the lagoon!

It's one of the most impressive shows that Walt Disney World puts on every year!

Morimoto Asia has sent us a notice about their upcoming Craft Beers & Bites Festival, allowing guests to enjoy a unlimited food and tricks for a great cause! Tickets can be purchased at MorimotoAsia.com.

On July 29, Morimoto Asia will be hosting "Craft Beers & Bites Festival," benefitting Children's Home Society of Central Florida. Taking place on the second level of Morimoto Asia, this event will feature eight Florida craft breweries with individual food pairings prepared by Morimoto Asia's Executive Chef Yuhi Fujinaga. The event will take place from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. Ticket price: $49.80, which includes unlimited beer and bites. 100% of the profit is being donated to The Children's Home Society of Central Florida. Tickets are limited. See featured breweries and menu pairings below.

• Crooked Can Brewing Company
    peking duck tacos

• Copper Tail Brewing Company
    morimoto sticky ribs

• Redlight Redlight Brewery
    sushi handroll – spicy hamachi – spicy tuna

• Cask & Larder
    chashu pork quesadilla

• Bowigens Beer Company
    churros with nutella

• Two Henrys Brewing Company
    poke bowl – ahi, tako, hamachi

• Hourglass Brewing
    okonomiyaki – seafood pancake

• Red Cypress Brewery
    yakitori – bulgogi beef with ginger miso paste

morimoto1.thumb.jpg.8a66be4cd0c4989b4bffc100dad23346.jpg

morimoto3.thumb.jpg.e69c1c5be5e670fb41112cce5429d450.jpg

Well we enjoyed our one day so much we are going back in the same time in feb. This time though Sunday-thursday and staying at the art of animation resort and flying in instead of driving. I cant wait.

Adam will have a full report from D23 soon. I know some people just *HAVE TO BE FIRST* by posting the information, but that doesn't make you look cool to us, in fact, it makes it so we have more work to do. So please don't do that.

As a re-cap, here is what was announced:

- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (Replacing Great Movie Ride)

- Ratatouille is coming to the France pavilion at Epcot

- A new, seamless Circlevision film is coming to the Epcot China Pavilion

- Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Epcot

- Tron Lightcycle Power Run is coming to the Magic Kingdom

- Mission: Space will open with a new Green Mission film for families and a reanimated Orange Mission

- New table service restaurant at Mission: Space

- The Disney Skyliner gondola system will debut at Walt Disney World resorts

- A new theater attraction will open on Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom

- The "Minnie Van" uber-like driving service has been announced WDW Resort

- Hotel Riviera Disney Vacation Club Resort

- Star Wars-Inspired Themed Resort at Walt Disney World planned

Please wait for Adam's updates later. Thank you.

You can read Adam's D23 Report here, but I'll post a quick re-cap of the Walt Disney World announcements with some of the released images...

- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (Replacing Great Movie Ride)

thumb_image_wdw_mickey-attraction-poster.jpg

- Ratatouille is coming to the France pavilion at Epcot

thumb_image_wdw_ratatouille_1.jpg

- A new, seamless Circlevision film is coming to the Epcot China Pavilion

thumb_circlevision.jpg

- Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Epcot

thumb_image_wdw_guardians-exterior.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_guardians-interior.jpg

- Tron Lightcycle Power Run is coming to the Magic Kingdom

thumb_image_wdw_tron_0.jpg

- Mission: Space will open with a new Green Mission film for families and a reanimated Orange Mission

thumb_mission_space.jpg

- New table service restaurant at Mission: Space

thumb_image_wdw_space-restaurant.jpg

- The Disney Skyliner gondola system will debut at Walt Disney World resorts

thumb_image_wdw_disney-skyliner.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_disney-skyliner-2.jpg

thumb_147119_rh6_1923.jpg

- A new theater attraction will open on Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom

thumb_image_wdw_mk-theatre.jpg

- The "Minnie Van" uber-like driving service has been announced WDW Resort

thumb_image_wdw_minnie-van-service.jpg

- Hotel Riviera Disney Vacation Club Resort

thumb_image_dvc_disney-riviera-resort.jpg

- Star Wars-Inspired Themed Resort at Walt Disney World planned

thumb_image_wdw_star-wars-themed-resort.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_star-wars-themed-resort-3.jpg

- Star Wars Land officially named "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge"

thumb_147119_rh6_0717.jpg

thumb_image_wdpr_star-wars-battle-attraction.jpg

thumb_image_wdpr_star-wars-millennium-falcon-attraction.jpg

- Epcot Future World will get a make-over

thumb_epcot_makeover.jpg

thumb_epcot_makeover2.png

Again. you can read Adam's D23 Report here!

Edited by robbalvey

Something just occured to me about the Star Wars hotel. Since there aren't conventional windows obviously Disney can put whatever they want on the "windows" such as planets, spaceships, etc. They can also update it however and whenever they would like. Now, it may not be for everyone, but I think it would be awesome to suddenly have my room go to red alert lighting and witness a huge battle just "outside" my room! Anyone else?

Morimoto Asia has sent us a notice that on July 29th they will be celebrating National Chicken Wing Day with their special recipe wings!

After a fun-filled day in Walt Disney World's theme parks or a night out in Disney Springs, a late night bite is a must! Fortunately, Morimoto Asia's Forbidden Lounge menu will satisfy your late night snack food cravings just in time for National Chicken Wing Day. On July 29, celebrate with spicy garlic soy glazed wings with chili threads and sesame. Accompany these spicy bites with one of Morimoto Asia's summer cocktails like the Kunsei Smoked Cocont or the Kyuuri Gin Blossom Martini. For more info visit: https://www.patinagroup.com/morimoto-asia

1190723549_unnamed(2).thumb.png.d4dcab7401ea53bc04fb9ea988f7f70c.png

unnamed.jpg.d1493af76fb919289d42b0db87864804.jpg

^As far as I know yes, there was some discussion somewhere on the forums that basically came to that conclusion though I don't remember which thread.

A few thoughts I just had reading back through the announcement information.

It looks like the rendering for the Skyliner system has a connection for Art of Animation and Pop Century, I wonder if access to that transportation option will change the category of Pop Century from a value resort to more of a Moderate resort as far as pricing goes?

Also with the Mission Space restaurant, anyone else look at that and immediately think it's a cool restaurant but it's also a way for Imagineering to test the technology that I'm assuming will be used for the "windows" in the Star Wars Resort? That was one of the first things that popped into my mind, although I'm sure another full service restaurant in Future World will certainly be a welcome addition. I'd love to see some kind of "fun" upscale counter service (ala Be Our Guest) added to the imagination pavilion at some point, or whatever that pavilion becomes.

Something just occured to me about the Star Wars hotel. Since there aren't conventional windows obviously Disney can put whatever they want on the "windows" such as planets, spaceships, etc. They can also update it however and whenever they would like. Now, it may not be for everyone, but I think it would be awesome to suddenly have my room go to red alert lighting and witness a huge battle just "outside" my room! Anyone else?

An entertainment window would be awesome and highly likely. Even a "sleep mode" showing the planet your orbiting and the odd spaceship quietly flying by, would be something I would love to fall asleep to. "Battle mode" at a scheduled time would have everyone glued to their room window! The possibilities are wonderful to think about.

^It will definitely be exciting to see how it works out, there is so much potential for creating cool stuff with this. I love the idea of falling asleep to the view of space, or to have a space battle outside your "window". The latter is maybe something I would prefer to be able to activate myself so that you don't have to 'plan' to be in your hotel room at a given time. Either way it would be awesome!

They could potentially have it timed to happen a couple of minutes after you return to your room at the end of the day to ensure that everybody has a chance to actually see it, instead of just going off at set times. I'm sure that's something that could be implemented with MyMagic+.

I'm wondering how it'll work at night time, will you have a switch to close shutters on your window, or will you permanently be able to see the screens throughout the night? I can imagine that even if there is very little happening on the screens, it's still going to illuminate the room a bit, which may not be to everyone's taste, I guess a mix of both options would be the best choice.

...It looks like the rendering for the Skyliner system has a connection for Art of Animation and Pop Century, I wonder if access to that transportation option will change the category of Pop Century from a value resort to more of a Moderate resort as far as pricing goes? ...

I immediately thought that as well. On first look, I can see them "upping" the price range for these places without hesitation, once the Skyliner system is finished and in operation. Guess we'll have to wait and see, until an announcement about that is released.

Or not.

Morimoto Asia is now doing a late night promotion that is a great deal. Guests can now visit the Forbidden Lounge from 10:00 p.m. - close and enjoy select crave-bale dishes from the late night menu in and select cocktails for just $8.00.

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0148.thumb.jpg.87c31a1bc03006ce32b5a78a68ca9763.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0182.thumb.jpg.f6a63c2965917a76e9a5532fdf92b841.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0215.thumb.jpg.375fe2145f0cfeffec6dc7a789be6e2a.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0252.thumb.jpg.455b4b39ec595bc908dc389fe5b206ac.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0264.thumb.jpg.f549f102350d0ae2a2cbc8f6a5941433.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0319.thumb.jpg.e6eed5de954c5237ac2aa625c679facf.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0367.thumb.jpg.dbc49f109f1813bc32daee1b83f3bdd0.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0401.thumb.jpg.20f25a0594b577fe515571d2052a7ccc.jpg

Morimoto-LateNightMenu0412.thumb.jpg.f7c956addc1c77e439f7e8b9d3051751.jpg

736690525_Morimoto_LateNight_060717(6).thumb.jpg.91882f408f8b3bb17ef531e3ed381cb6.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 4 weeks later...