TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

1. What are they going to do to thematically distinguish this from Test Track? (which has several graphics that are similar to the indoor Shanghai version, and overall styling)

To be honest, I don't think they really need to do anything. I mean, from a guest perspective, most guests don't even know the the names of each rides let alone the theming. I can't tell you how many times I've heard guests refer to Space Mountain as "the white one" or Big Thunder Mountain as "Big Foot Mountain" so really, I think it will be just fine the way it is! lol

2. Wasn't GOTG supposed to be a big indoor/outdoor rollercoaster? Meaning Disney is putting in Three family/thrill launching coasters at the same time? That would certainly be a new direction.

I feel like the rumor mill has been so crazy on the whole Tron/GotG/Ratatouille/Beauty & The Beast rides that at this point I'm only going to believe anything when we see an announcement. All I know is that the amount of new attractions going into the park from like 2010 onwards is CRAZY and I don't think we've seen this much development since the late 80s when Studios/Typhoon/PI all went in, and that's a GREAT thing!

Edited by robbalvey

Adam will have a full report from D23 soon. I know some people just *HAVE TO BE FIRST* by posting the information, but that doesn't make you look cool to us, in fact, it makes it so we have more work to do. So please don't do that.

As a re-cap, here is what was announced:

- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (Replacing Great Movie Ride)

- Ratatouille is coming to the France pavilion at Epcot

- A new, seamless Circlevision film is coming to the Epcot China Pavilion

- Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Epcot

- Tron Lightcycle Power Run is coming to the Magic Kingdom

- Mission: Space will open with a new Green Mission film for families and a reanimated Orange Mission

- New table service restaurant at Mission: Space

- The Disney Skyliner gondola system will debut at Walt Disney World resorts

- A new theater attraction will open on Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom

- The "Minnie Van" uber-like driving service has been announced WDW Resort

- Hotel Riviera Disney Vacation Club Resort

- Star Wars-Inspired Themed Resort at Walt Disney World planned

Please wait for Adam's updates later. Thank you.

Edited by robbalvey

Adam will have a full report from D23 soon. I know some people just *HAVE TO BE FIRST* by posting the information, but that doesn't make you look cool to us, in fact, it makes it so we have more work to do. So please don't do that.

As a re-cap, here is what was announced:

- Mission: Space will open with a new Green Mission film for families and a reanimated Orange Mission

Please wait for Adam's updates later. Thank you.

Wow, all of this sounds super awesome! Looking forward to the report!

So Disney is packing 20 years of neglected development into 5 years, and treating their resort as if they have 6 different top ten most attended parks in the entire world on the same property, finally giving each park an appropriate number of new rides? Fine by me!

This is the basic equivalent of a fifth gate. I'm amazed they will actually be able to build all of this, and honestly this beats Nintendo land handily. I literally do not care what the price is of an annual pass in 2021, every single attraction and addition sounds like something I would want to ride.

I'm glad Universal seems to have given Disney the kick in the butt needed to get all of this in the works.

Disney does not care about, nor do they react to anything Universal does. I really wish people would stop thinking this way, because it is wrong.

I'm glad Universal seems to have given Disney the kick in the butt needed to get all of this in the works.

Disney does not care about, nor do they react to anything Universal does. I really wish people would stop thinking this way, because it is wrong.

If anything, I hope it gives UNI motive to spend more.

You can read Adam's D23 Report here, but I'll post a quick re-cap of the Walt Disney World announcements with some of the released images...

thumb_image_wdw_mickey-attraction-poster.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_ratatouille_1.jpg

thumb_circlevision.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_guardians-exterior.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_guardians-interior.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_tron_0.jpg

thumb_mission_space.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_space-restaurant.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_disney-skyliner.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_disney-skyliner-2.jpg

thumb_147119_rh6_1923.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_mk-theatre.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_minnie-van-service.jpg

thumb_image_dvc_disney-riviera-resort.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_star-wars-themed-resort.jpg

thumb_image_wdw_star-wars-themed-resort-3.jpg

- Star Wars Land officially named "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge"

thumb_147119_rh6_0717.jpg

thumb_image_wdpr_star-wars-battle-attraction.jpg

thumb_image_wdpr_star-wars-millennium-falcon-attraction.jpg

- Epcot Future World will get a make-over

thumb_epcot_makeover.jpg

thumb_epcot_makeover2.png

Again. you can read Adam's D23 Report here!

Edited by robbalvey

And if anyone is wondering where exactly Tron is going at Magic Kingdom, the yellow arrow points to the walking path that is in the concept art which currently exists in the park...

824714854_tron1.thumb.jpg.f05a7cdeb333e2c1bca0e094c597e453.jpg

1833170688_tron2.thumb.jpg.c8afa9f8b319d7437c8c96392a85c9a7.jpg

603881608_ScreenShot2017-07-16at11_47_40.thumb.jpg.6af7274cca1c4ed00bc4b0ed1c586a8d.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

After just going to the park in May, I think the resort is right on target for which areas need attention and new attractions.

I know it's going to be a while before all of this gets finished, but all of these are amazing capital improvements to the Disney compound! I'm Obviously excited about having our own Tron coaster here in the US, and happy to see that Tomorrowland Speedway looks to be remaining in the park for now.

But I love Epcot, and am definitely excited about the improvements to future world. Mission Space is one my favorite rides there and I agree that it needed a better animated movie. With today's CGI, that experience could be improved greatly. Not sure what the guardian's attraction will be . . . but will probably be amazing and the renderings of the old Universe of Energy building look phenomenal. Hopefully Journey Into Imagination will receive some treatment at some point.

The Great Movie Ride was probably pretty good in the 90s, but it seemed kinda tired now. I'm happy with any kind of original Mickey & Minnie attraction. Seeing as you can go meet the characters nearby right after you ride that should help liven up this area of the park as well.

I've got the Disney fever, and after going to Six Flags this past week now I really want to go back. I suppose patience will be rewarded though. Oh and book me a room at the new Star Wars resort and a table at the Mission: Space Restaurant . . thank you!

And if anyone is wondering where exactly Tron is going at Magic Kingdom, the yellow arrow points to the walking path that is in the concept art which currently exists in the park...

I'm still not seeing it.

Does anyone have any idea about the restrictions between Disney and Uni regarding Marvel character rides? I thought Disney wasn't able to use the Marvel characters on the east coast but the Guardians at Epcot certainly throw that out the window. Really I'm just curious when something's going to happen that would force Uni to remake that whole island. I'm also way out of the loop on this so feel free to mock me.

I'm still not seeing it.

Does anyone have any idea about the restrictions between Disney and Uni regarding Marvel character rides? I thought Disney wasn't able to use the Marvel characters on the east coast but the Guardians at Epcot certainly throw that out the window. Really I'm just curious when something's going to happen that would force Uni to remake that whole island. I'm also way out of the loop on this so feel free to mock me.

Guardians isn't part of any of the groups of characters used by universal at IOA. The deal is still in perpetuity though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So excited for Tron, but...that pathway back there was always our escape from the crowds on busy days. And, does that mean one less smoking section in the MK? NOOO...! A lot of announcements for all the Florida parks, we are very excited. Thanks for the quick recap!

So excited for Tron, but...that pathway back there was always our escape from the crowds on busy days. And, does that mean one less smoking section in the MK? NOOO...! A lot of announcements for all the Florida parks, we are very excited. Thanks for the quick recap!

Re: Smoking

Expect to see ALL of the sections eventually phased out.

Re: Smoking

Expect to see ALL of the sections eventually phased out.

While I would tend to agree as I don't feel there is any need to cater to smokers anymore, the problem is going to be that if there aren't any smoking areas, they will just be obnoxious and smoke wherever the hell they want to. Maybe they'll just keep that one little tiny area by Big Thunder Mountain, or... they can do what Tokyo Disney does and just shove them all in a box! lol

IMG_1292.thumb.JPG.c6f8d0b2569ca80783e09178a6949ef0.JPG

IMG_1293.thumb.JPG.7308c3df9a67d560b21bfcc217614db3.JPG