Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 993 - Report from Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby defrocker » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 pm

While I do think Darkastle is a really cool setting for something like this, I also kinda hate that it means the ride not being open. Granted, I'm not a halloween kinda guy, but I still think that parks have a pretty cool vibe around that time of year. That being said, when a ride closes because of halloween attractions, I find that... annoying.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Odd--nobody complained when they closed Europe in the Air for Unearthed. ;)

If it's a good maze, I'm OK with using the DarKastle building for it.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 pm

So are you walking the ride path?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:32 am

^That's what I assume. I wonder if they'll use the ride's projection screens, as well. They can certainly make it cold in that building.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Chrischucktown » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:01 pm

I am heading to Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion on August 14th. I was trying to get any specific tips that might make the trip more of a success. Do you think that it is necessary to buy fast passes at either of these parks? I will be at Busch Gardens on Tuesday August 15th and Kings Dominion on Wednesday August 16th. Any advice would be appreciated!

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Chrischucktown wrote:I am heading to Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion on August 14th. I was trying to get any specific tips that might make the trip more of a success. Do you think that it is necessary to buy fast passes at either of these parks? I will be at Busch Gardens on Tuesday August 15th and Kings Dominion on Wednesday August 16th. Any advice would be appreciated!

Everytime ive been to Busch Gardens, everything was about a 10-15 minute wait. I highly recommend eating at Das Festhaus in Oktoberfest. Not only if the food wonderful, but you also get a wonderful show to watch as well!!!

Kings Dominion was the same way. Waits werent too long, I305 had the longest at i think 25-30 minutes.

Fast passes should not be needed, and you can always wait to see how lines are when you get there to see if you need it or not.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby defrocker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 pm

You should be fine without any sort of fast passes. Weekdays are generally fairly light. Even if BGW seems crowded, often the rides won't have really long lines. I'd wait until you get the to decide. Your typical advice will follow:

KD:

Go to Volcano first, ride front row if possible
I305 rarely has a line, but if you want to ride the front, you should probably do it first thing
Don't pass up on Grizzly or Anaconda because of the haters, form your own opinion
If you like log flumes, this one is one of the better ones
Dominator back row
Rebel Yell Second to last row

BGW:

InvadR and/or Tempesto early to avoid waits
Alengeist is smoothest in the front, more intense but a little more aggressive in the back. It's worth a ride in both places.
Griffon - first ride in the front for the views, but the ride is in the back.
Nessie is smoother towards the back of the train, even in the last car
Apollo - back row, back row, back row
Food and drinks here are amazing. I love the Festhaus for German food, some prefer Trappers for BBQ, Marco Polo's is great as well.
Don't pass up on shows. All of them are very good. I personally love Mix it Up and Celtic Fyre best. If you love animals, the animal shows are cheesy, but cute and funny.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but if you aren't rushing, but taking your time and enjoying the sights, that will be the best way to experience BGW.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:11 am

Are the haunts here actually scary? I always skip them at Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks because they send too many people through at once and they are never scary.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:54 am

^I wouldn't call them particularly scary, but they are fun. I am curious about the new "Frostbite" maze in DarKastle.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Jman0477 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:48 pm

They may also being doing the maze in darkastle while they do refurb on the other parts of the ride I love this attraction but maybe a little bit of TLC on paint and what not would be a good thing or maybe it will be open for Christmastown this year

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!