TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's European Adventures 2017!

Looks like a great finish to the cruise.

One of my former coworkers rode that coaster in Budapest. He was there working on a project near the park. He found it a bit "unnerving" because there were no restraints and the train used a brakeman.

Edited by cfc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW: Do people still go crazy for pins? Flip them (RARE~!) on EBay and pay for the trip.

I think maybe not as much as they used to, but we still see "pin traders" all the time at Epcot doing their thing! I did find out that these pins are exclusive to these Danube river cruises, and some of them, like the Welcome and the Farewell pins may even be a little rarer as they change depending on the direction of the cruise. So for example, the Germany "Welcome" pin will become a German "Farewell" pin next cruise. It's interesting to say the least.

Great report! I went through Budapest in 2014 and rode the scenic coaster then, had no idea it was closed! Was my first coaster with a real person braking.

Also, can confirm people still flip out over pins. In college, I'd head to Disneyland to their special events and buy one or two LE pins to hawk on eBay. Felt kinda slimy doing it but it paid for beer!

Great report! I went through Budapest in 2014 and rode the scenic coaster then, had no idea it was closed! Was my first coaster with a real person braking.

Yep! You caught it on one of its last years. Not sure if it operated in 2015 or not. I have heard it will be part of the zoo's expansion that they recently got funding for to re-open in 2019. We'll see...

Budapest really is a beautiful city with stunning architecture that looks even better lit up at night.

I see that you snapped a pic of a guilty pleasure that I was introduced to while in Budapest....Eros Pista!

It's like a hot pepper paprika paste, but VERY salty & spicy....I freaking loved it so much that I bought a case of it on Ebay once I got back to the states!

Thanks for sharing...really enjoyed your take on a couple of the countries that we did in 2014! We were going to try to make it to the park/zoo to ride the coaster, but we were staying too far away and I was a little intimidated to do mass transit because the language is very difficult (not a lot of people spoke English) and there are not a lot of signs in recognizable English (like in say, Germany or Italy).

Capture.thumb.JPG.65000a90790a2fc4d1e0be01920eeb74.JPG

Eros Pista - my new favorite condiment!

We have posted a re-cap video to YouTube! If you don't feel like reading all the reports, this two-minute video will give you an idea of what the cruise was like!

Enjoy!

Oh yes, be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

(we took the time to make the video, the least you could do is say something nice about it!)

I really liked this "Video Postcard" you put together, Robb! Very enjoyable,

the music was perfect for it, and the videos popped up perfectly timed!

Now after all that - you DO rest yourselves, right? Or some form of rest?

Here's a little re-cap video we put together:

Enjoy!

Thanks for this delightful recap of what appears to be a lovely holiday. (It's extra nice to see the 3 generations of "Les Girls" - Elissa, her mom (Janice?) and Kristen sharing time together.)

Robb -- my friends who recently visited Budapest and the surrounding area, said exactly what you said - that there is nothing really comparable to its historic beauty and architecture in our own 'young country," the USofA. We're just toooo youthful!

Alice

This really was a great read and super enjoyable. I'm so glad that people can find "other" things to do that are just as entertaining as going to Amusement Parks. Your honest commentary on Adventures by Disney really makes me want to go on one of these tours. I just can't wait for the kiddos to get a little older so they could enjoy the sites and sounds of different cultures and areas too.

I really enjoyed the video too. Not as good as your old-school Theme Park Expedition Videos but it was very enjoyable and it seemed to capture some of the best moments of your trip.

Thanks for sharing!

Jimmy "No sea-sickness on River Cruises is a win in my book!" Bo

I enjoyed this tripreport too, thank you for sharing. River Cruises became popular some years ago, maybe try a Rhine River Cruise the next time. You can do Amsterdam to Basel thru the Rhine River Valley in Germany and visit some castles. It is a awsome trip.

I need vacation, 5 more days to Montenegro,l am counting down the days.....