TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's European Adventures 2017!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure it is mostly Americans. I never heard of Disney Adventure Cruises and I worked for Viking Cruises on pretty much the same trip. I could be wrong, but living in Europe, I never heard about this. I would do it in a split second though

I am pretty sure it is mostly Americans. I never heard of Disney Adventure Cruises and I worked for Viking Cruises on pretty much the same trip. I could be wrong, but living in Europe, I never heard about this. I would do it in a split second though

Have a look: https://www.adventuresbydisney.com

It's a higher end product, but I think the extra money is well worth it!

Just kinda of curious but what's the general mix of people on this Adventures by Disney cruise vacation? Families with children, couples, younger, older? Mostly Americans, or is it a good mix of people from Europe, Asia etc?

It's mostly Americans, some Europeans, almost all families with kids, but a total mix on younger and older kids. No little little kids since the minimum age for this tour was four, but all ages from about 5 to 15.

It's also, and just being honest here, a higher-end clientele. And that doesn't mean people who are pretentious or obnoxious, not st all, in fact it's very much a positive. I've found the group to be in general more polite and courteous. Usually by the end of day one on any RCCL cruise I'm ready to murder at least a half dozen people I've run into, but so far so good with this group. And honestly, I'll pay a premium to be around people that don't annoy me.

Edited by robbalvey

^Yeah that's mostly what I thought I just wasn't sure if the higher end product maybe attracted more couples than families but it is a Disney.

Looks like a great trip, I'd totally consider spending the extra money to travel with Disney for a trip like this especially if I were taking my kids, but we've got a few more years for that haha.

Looks great so far - and (of course) the food looks fantastic!

2017 was supposed to be the year that we did a Rhine river cruise in September, but that's still on the back burner while we try to nurse Michael back to health - hopefully it will happen soon enough though.

Glad to hear that the clientele on the tour are well-behaved and nice. I kinda had that thought because when we did the land tour of Prague, Budapest and Vienna, our tour group was very respective of others and followed instructions from our guides. But then again, I was the youngest one out of the group as the tour mostly consisted of older women over the age of 60 - not too many rebel-rousers there!

DC--fegXsAAjf8d.jpg

DC--fejWAAAz0Jy.jpg

On some cruise ships, you get chocolate on your pillow. On an Adventures By Disney ship, you get chocolate AND an exclusive Disney pin!!!

DC_LxRuXsAEOaQV.jpg

DC_LxR5WsAAIDIx.jpg

We are back on the road again! Heading to Salzburg, Austria this morning for our next adventure!

DC_UHGiWsAAr-Ot.jpg

The hills are alive with the sound of Austria!

DC_lg5gUIAAo2AI.jpg

DC_lg5gUAAAYIj_.jpg

DC_lg5gU0AA_tkQ.jpg

DC_lg5cUMAAhV8e.jpg

We are all suited up and ready for the salt mine!

DC_7dWwXUAA0wDh.jpg

DC_7dZQXkAAg-y7.jpg

DC_7dYxWAAAPS0h.jpg

First ride of the day! This funky train into the salt mine!

DC_76xnXUAAxsCM.jpg

We are heading deep into this salt mine! It's like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for real!!!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Highlight of the salt mines were these awesome slides!

DDAG9NgUMAAvE5i.jpg

These salt mine slides were seriously fun! They even gave us special clothes to wear! lol

DDAHyq2XgAAxUTq.jpg

DDAHyrNXcAAmd0g.jpg

DDAHyrLXUAAAEJJ.jpg

Then we rode this cool "dark ride" style boat ride through the salt mine! What a great experience!

DDAJKB6W0AA3cGZ.jpg

DDAJKB8XYAAvGIu.jpg

DDAJKCGXgAEbyQo.jpg

DDAJKCRXsAA43tg.jpg

And we learned all about salt mining! Was a very cool overall attraction!

DDAJ0pZXgAEXhfQ.jpg

DDAJ0psXgAI7Y5e.jpg

And yes, at the end of the attraction, you exit through the salt gift shop! lol

DDAKZ5oXgAAvmi0.jpg

For lunch we had... MEAT!!! With a side of MEAT... and a dessert of MEAT!!! Yum!!!

DDAcErDWAAI1ToM.jpg

DDAcErFXYAAXkR0.jpg

DDAcEr1XgAA2vPC.jpg

DDAcEr2XcAIqhGl.jpg

Sound of Music stuff. I'm not the biggest fan of the film but those who are, here ya go! Amazing!

DDAykWKXgAAK0Ue.jpg

Having Starbucks in front of Mozart's Birthplace in Austria! This is my kind of adventure!

DDA-wHCXgAEagrC.jpg

My current view in Salzburg, Austria! Tell us in the comments if you'd love to be here!

DDBEVqeXcAAGBCE.jpg

Kristen: "aww, feeling sad? Let me play you a song on the worlds smallest violin!"

DDBJ3yRXgAEerEb.jpg

Adventures By Disney guides are amazing! When you stop for a photo on your phone, they'll try to get one also with their higher quality cameras or take it for you to share with you later!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DDBj6ZxXsAIi1m9.jpg

Which version of our towel Animal do you like better? Sad and worried, or frustrated and angry? lol

DDB46AfUAAEBoHL.jpg

The current view from our stateroom! Amazing!

DDB9YoWW0AE-7TI.jpg

One more exclusive Adventures By Disney pin closes another night! More adventures tomorrow!

Click HERE for Part 5 of this report!

Oh yes, be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

(we took the time to write the report, the least you could do is say something nice about it!)

Edited by robbalvey

For lunch we had... MEAT!!! With a side of MEAT... and a dessert of MEAT!!! Yum!!!

^ This, for the Win!

Great report Robb.

We would love taking a River Cruise in Europe.

They all look great, including yours.

I think in general the Americans who do European River Cruises are more financially stable. I worked for Viking a couple of years and let's say 95% of guests were awsome and also interested in European Politics, I was holding discussion roundtables that were interesting. But unlike Robb, I had some people I wanted to throw into the river,lol.(Never did it of course)

The salt mine looks amazing, I never did that one as I hate going underground. Somehow a phobia of mine. Are these Disney Adventure cruises seasonal aka all summer long? Maybe I try to get a job there for next year as this looks great.

You can not go wrong with food in Germany or Austria, Schnitzel for the win! Those Knödel(how do you call them in english?Dumplings?)look so good.

I am sure you will be in Budapest soon, great city, one of my favorites. If you pass by Belgrade in Serbia, take the tour, it is one of these surprise towns that are absolute stunning that you do not expect that and they have a themepark in the middle of the city.(Kinda like a tiny version of the Prater, but set in a beautiful, stunning looking park) Ah man, I want to be on that trip right now,lol

Are these Disney Adventure cruises seasonal aka all summer long? Maybe I try to get a job there for next year as this looks great.

They are seasonal, but I believe they do them mostly in the summer, a couple in the fall, and maybe even have one winter one now as well.

Salzburg looks beautiful, and I'd like to take the salt-mine tour myself. KT gets extra points for her evil smile while playing the world's tiniest violin.

I think in general the Americans who do European River Cruises are more financially stable. I worked for Viking a couple of years and let's say 95% of guests were awsome and also interested in European Politics, I was holding discussion roundtables that were interesting. But unlike Robb, I had some people I wanted to throw into the river,lol.(Never did it of course)

The salt mine looks amazing, I never did that one as I hate going underground. Somehow a phobia of mine. Are these Disney Adventure cruises seasonal aka all summer long? Maybe I try to get a job there for next year as this looks great.

I'm sure the majority of employees are people working contracts for AMA Waterways (who Disney contracted to provide the boats), so they'd probably be the ones to go to.

I'm sure the majority of employees are people working contracts for AMA Waterways (who Disney contracted to provide the boats), so they'd probably be the ones to go to.

Yes and no. The ship staff, like the service oriented staff, are AMA Waterways. But all the tours and activities directors are all Adventures by Disney and employed by Disney as "Adventure Guides" and there are quite a few of them. They do employe staff from several different countries, because they will also be the ones doing tours in the ports, etc, and some of them have been working for Disney for many years. They all seem to really like doing this job. And they don't just do the river cruises, they do many of their different "adventure tours."

Edited by robbalvey

I have to check with AMA, it depends if they only do a couple of cruises or all season long. I know there are Christmas Market cruises too in the winter that are awsome. Vikings always hires locals and pays really good. I am sure AMA is the same.

I am living thru your pictures right now,lol. I have 10 more days before summer vacation in Montenegro. I need some beachtime right now!

Toady was a bit more of a "relaxed" day on the trip, but we still did a lot of stuff and had a great time! We have been super impressed with the attention to detail and the overall operations of this vacation. The first adventure we had today was a 4-part "cultural" experience and it was so impressive to see how the entire event was put on. It would appear that Adventures by Disney rented out space at a local hotel, and then brought in different groups to put on presentations for us that would be examples of different cultural activities of the area. The presentation and organization was amazing! And this is coming from someone who puts on organized tours!

We were talking at dinner today how happy we were to book this trip and already looking forward to checking out itineraries for the next. Enough with the boring text, let's get to the exciting visuals!

DDEzcP4XYAAeGbl.jpg

DDEzcP4XcAAaMhX.jpg

DDEzcP2XcAAC99L.jpg

DDEzcP2XUAA56g7.jpg

Good morning from Austria! Today Kristen is making apricot marmalade! It's delicious!

DDE4RAgXkAAPpfo.jpg

And now for some folk dancing lessons!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DDFAxV9UAAAtapA.jpg

Kristen went fishing! Well... sort of!

DDFDOT1V0AEjY5l.jpg

DDFDOURV0AAKMWM.jpg

DDFDOT3VoAALmla.jpg

DDFDOUeVoAAvrDX.jpg

We learned quite a bit about fishing and smoking fish today!

DDFIU4IXcAE5Ng3.jpg

And now something for the adults! Wine tasting!

DDFMY-EXYAADRgG.jpg

And of course Kristen loved the simple little swing set that was on property of the hotel!

DDFRCSlXgAAhbNR.jpg

DDFRCSjXcAQgQaI.jpg

DDFRCdKXsAA67Ms.jpg

Currently just hanging out on the top deck of the ship enjoying the view!

The following is the replay of a live stream we did on Facebook. We had a "cruising" period today where they encouraged everyone to come on the top deck, and they pointed out some of the more significant buildings until our next port about 20 miles away. Did they mention they also opened an ice cream bar and had wine as well? Seriously, we are having so much fun on this trip!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

DDFUNJkXgAAI9dV.jpg

DDFUNJlXoAATNJn.jpg

Of course Adventures By Disney would take us to see a castle! It's like being at Walt Disney World!

DDF88A8XoAAdasi.jpg

DDF88CQW0AA1ZE_.jpg

DDF88BjXcAU3q3Y.jpg

DDF88DaWsAIuMFQ.jpg

What does every Cruise need? An Ice Cream Social!!!

DDGHdxGWAAAZDxJ.jpg

Our next adventure is to an Austrian apricot farm where we are eating fruit off the trees!

DDGNHAFWAAAYNPs.jpg

DDGNHABXsAEWpn5.jpg

DDGNHAhWAAAzRVw.jpg

We picked and ate cherries & apricots right off the trees and they were all delicious!

DDGN-mVWsAAhKL0.jpg

Which one is the apricot tree and which one is Adventures By Disney Adventure Guide Dean? It's hard to tell them apart!

DDGWCAuUIAE0C7b.jpgDDGWCAxUQAAWE7c.jpg

DDGWCBZU0AATuht.jpg

After the orchard tour, we got to taste amazing apricot & grape based food & drinks! They were fantastic!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DDGw4O9XcAE6ziw.jpg

We ended our dinner with an "apricot dumping" and yes it was just as delicious as it looked!

More to come tomorrow! We hope you all have been enjoying following along on this adventure!

Click HERE for Part Six of this report!

Oh yes, be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

(we took the time to write the report, the least you could do is say something nice about it!)

Edited by robbalvey

It's so nice you guys enjoy Austria. There are so many great places here to see and so much fun stuff to do. And - in my opinion - "see the world" style vacations are the very best way to spend your time and money. But where are the "Robb wearing Lederhosen, yodeling and schuhplattlering" photos?

For now - all the best to you and your "Schatzis" (you'll figure out, what that means )

Loving the pictures, and you have sold us on an "Adventures by Disney" vacation. It looks amazing. We are big Disney cruisers, this looks even better. Thank you for the report and the awesome shots!

One question, is it like the cruise in that you choose your own port adventures, or does Disney create an itinerary for you to follow?