Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

P. 55: 100 Million Euro investment over 6 years announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanks for the Pulsar report JordyC!! Pulsar looks like an awesome coaster, and sounds like it rides great!! I really wish some US parks would get a similar coaster. I could see this being a good fit at a park like Six Flags St. Louis, or Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Hopefully I'll get to try one out eventually!!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby JordyC » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 am

Big changes for Walibi Belgium.

Even though the announcement of the park has been postponed, Walibi Belgium has communicated some information.

First of all, Aqualibi will receive a 673 m² extension. The latter will be aimed for children from 0 to 7 years old and their parents for whom covered beaches will be made available.

Second, the Coccinelle (French name for Ladybug), open since 1999 will be dismantled in September 2017. This is a Tivoli model from the German manufacturer Zierer. This model is intended for kids since the attraction is only 10 ft tall (3,3 m) and reaches only 16 mph (26 kph). The good news in this story is that the ride will be replaced. The work would begin in September 2017 for an opening scheduled as early as Easter 2018!

Also, we are waiting for the official announcement of the park about a supposed 100 million Euros investment plan. Note that some attractions could be moved within the park.

Similarly, we now know that the Ferris wheel operating at the park from 1979 to 2016 was bought by Attractiepark Rotterdam. It is a Dutch park under construction which is scheduled to open in 2018.

Finally, the director of the park has recently announced "fundamental changes as early as 2018". "It will be a great year, because we are going to start a real reconfiguration of the park. I can not tell you more at this time because we still have to make sure we get the necessary authorizations, but the calculations are in millions of euros." In 20 years, 70% of the park will have changed.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Red Force - Ferrari Land

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby JordyC » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:38 am

Giant future plans for Walibi Belgium: 4 new roller coasters, 10 new attractions

220617wab1.jpg

Walibi Belgium has impressive future plans. In the coming years, the theme park will invest more than 100 million euros in ten new attractions, of which four new roller coasters, spread over eight new themed areas. In 2021, the largest and fastest rollercoaster of the Benelux will open.

This was announced by Walibi at a press conference this morning. The first expansion will be scheduled for next year. In 2018, the theme park will create a Hawaiian themed area with a new family coaster near the interactive darkride Challenge of Tutankhamon.

The Tivoli coaster Coccinelle will move to the place of the old Ferris wheel, which was taken down last winter. The Aqualibi swimming pool will be expanded and renovated next year, with a children's area of 700 m². The whole water paradise will get a tropical theme.

In 2019 the entrance of the park will get a new look. In addition, there will be a makeover for the area around Cobra, the Vekoma Boomerang. There will also be a themed restaurant and a spinning theater with Bollywood theme. In the same year, a new children's coaster will open.

The current Far West section should be revamped by 2020. There will be an interactive water attraction, a Mack Rides Twist'n'Splash. A year later, there will be a refurbishment for the area around Wooden roller coaster Weerwolf and Vampire, the SLC of the park. Both attractions will receive a New Orelans theme, with voodoo influences.

The biggest investment is scheduled for 2021. Walibi Belgium will open that year a spectacular megacoaster in a new African themed area, at the back end of the park. It will be the largest and fastest rollercoaster of the Benelux.

And that's not all. The intention is to build a new family attraction between 2022 and 2023. The area around the log flume Flash Back and the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop Psyké Underground will get a harbor theme. Also, new slides will be added to Aqualibi.

"With this ambitious development plan, we want to take our place again as the largest and most sensational theme park for all ages in Belgium," says the Director. He accounts for 30 percent more visitors.

19260666_1436523436432633_4611599071394634979_n.jpg

19274837_1436523389765971_3387945870831285556_n.jpg

19366437_1436523479765962_4245827936636311974_n.jpg

19397186_1436523499765960_5798841096050598113_n.jpg

Source: Looopings & Pretparken.be
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Red Force - Ferrari Land

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:41 am

Whoa. :omg:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:15 am

You forgot this image of the megacoaster:

It looks like a Mack to me (the first drop), as the one being build in Australia this year.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:27 am

Ambitious. It's all I can think of when I hear these plans. With Walibi I have to see to believe I mean I believe the 2018 plans because I doubt they will pull back a month or two from now but still hope this all comes true.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie Park, Parque Warner Madrid, PortAventura, Skyline park, Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park), Red Force (Ferrari land), Sky Dragster (Skyline), Pégase Express (Parc Asterix).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Guess The Walibi group was impressed with Pulsar/ Lost Gravity cause most of these look to be Mack Rides.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby cookiex » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:33 am

Walibi Belgium's officially entered my to-do list. That's an impressive expansion lineup.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:58 pm

I was completely underwhelmed by this park during my visit almost a decade ago. These changes are much needed.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:01 pm

So that's a new Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster? Fantastic!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!