TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

distracts from the gracefulness of the overall structure.

WTF does that even mean? Nobody cares about the "gracefulness of the overall structure", we care if the ride kicks a** and it will. This is Fun Spot, not Disney World. At Fun Spot they name their coasters after energy drinks, run their Paratroopers and Go Karts at a million miles an hour and occasionally police cars loaded with guns, body armor, narcotics and submachine guns get jacked from the parking lot.

If you're looking for gracefulness then you should probably go elsewhere. If you're looking for something awesome and just the right level of shady then you've come to the right place.

Nope. Looks pretty awesome to me.

distracts from the gracefulness of the overall structure.

WTF does that even mean? Nobody cares about the "gracefulness of the overall structure", we care if the ride kicks a** and it will. This is Fun Spot, not Disney World. At Fun Spot they name their coasters after energy drinks, run their Paratroopers and Go Karts at a million miles an hour and occasionally police cars loaded with guns, body armor, narcotics and submachine guns get jacked from the parking lot.

If you're looking for gracefulness then you should probably go elsewhere. If you're looking for something awesome and just the right level of shady then you've come to the right place.

^^Seriously??? Based on the photo update that was just posted (where the running rails aren't even finished and the station doesn't seem to be either) and the fact that it obviously hasn't made a single test run I never would have expected it to open in 8 days but... okay.

Does anyone think the barral roll bridge is a little much? It's huge and imposing. It kind of overwhelms and distracts from the gracefulness of the overall structure.

Um, have you SEEN Rocky Mountain's coasters?

Roller coaster design / engineering is function first. Always.

I love the simple design of wooden coaster structures. I actually think RMC coasters look very graceful and not ugly at all. I think the bridge on this one is overpowering and unnecessary to support the element. It looks they were actually attempting to make it look like the Sydney Harbor Bridge or something along those lines and on that it just fails. That's just my opinion. It's not wrong or right. It is what it is. I'm sure the ride will be amazing and it wouldn't stop me riding it. It just wouldn't make my top twenty list of great LOOKING woodies, that's all.

I think the bridge on this one is overpowering and unnecessary to support the element.

Aren't you the same guy that was saying Knotts construction was not happening in the correct order?

From the park's Facebook page:

"The date you've all been waiting for! Mine Blower Grand Opening, Friday June 23rd!"

[attachment=0]19146296_10156245193126978_7253982215744114579_n.jpg[/attachment]

Source

Haha, just last week I was thinking this thing will be open before ya know it, and what timing considering I'll be in town the 24th/25th.

Does anyone think the barral roll bridge is a little much? It's huge and imposing. It kind of overwhelms and distracts from the gracefulness of the overall structure.

YES!!! IMO it's absolutely hideous lol but it still looks like it will be one hell of a ride I surely hope I'll get out there and ride it one day.

Once again people, it would be really REALLY NICE if you would all wait for TPR to post their videos instead of RUSHING TO BE "OMFG THE FIRST ONE TO POST A VIDEO!!!! AREN'T I AWESOME BECAUSE I POSTED A VIDEO BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE!?!?!?"

We have people out at the ride today. Hopefully we'll have a POV soon.

Post someone else's video and you'll be banned forever. I'm fucking sick of this crap.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by robbalvey

Is anyone else ridiculously impressed that it made it's first test run yesterday and it's scheduled to open on Friday? That's a pretty amazing timeline.

I think for a smaller scale ride like this, it's not that out of the ordinary anymore. Think about some of the smaller Gravity Group coasters that have had a VERY quick turn around: Wooden Warrior, Roar-o-Saurus, etc. This isn't a knock on the ride AT ALL, just the reality of these companies being able to turn around a ride much quicker now than they used to.