TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

^May as well stay an extra day and so SF Fiesta Texas if it's in your budget.

LOL. That would be great though, but I never been to Seaworld San Antonio before. Orlando in 2011, and San Diego (HOPEFULLY) in 2018 for a first visit. This has been on my bucket list for quite some time, and with Wave Breaker opening this year I think I should make that journey. *pun not intended*

Last time I checked this thread there were no updates, so I attempted to take at least one picture. Now I see there are better pictures than the one I took!

Anyway, here it is as of today:

Took a spin on Steel Eel, and had a good time. I didn't know anything about this coaster, and really enjoyed the first half. Crazy floater air. The second half, after the brake, was rough. Been a long time since I've felt so uncomfortable (with the slamming feeling at the bottom of the bunny hills, on the return).

Park was really dead today, I'd say Aquatica was busier.

Guy at Steel Eel said that the state still needs to do their testing, but they're close. I don't have any real history with this place, but I do recall seeing water ski crews whip around the island .... guess that lap is permanently closed! Was neat to see the dam released and the lake back into the construction area. Last time I was here it was odd to see it bone dry in the construction area, with dams on either side to keep it that way.

Aquatica is a really fun waterpark - per some reading here (and elsewhere) we did get a cabana and wow does that drastically change the entire tone of your day! Going to be hard not to get one everytime going forward.

LOL. That would be great though, but I never been to Seaworld San Antonio before. Orlando in 2011, and San Diego (HOPEFULLY) in 2018 for a first visit. This has been on my bucket list for quite some time, and with Wave Breaker opening this year I think I should make that journey. *pun not intended*

I would suggest you wait until Wave Breaker has been "broke in" a little bit and running consistently. While I'm sure the park is great without it, if you're going specifically for it, you will be disappointed if it's not in operation the day you go.

I would suggest you wait until Wave Breaker has been "broke in" a little bit and running consistently. While I'm sure the park is great without it, if you're going specifically for it, you will be disappointed if it's not in operation the day you go.

Considering we're talking about an Intamin (as much as I adore them) this is probably great advice.

I was expecting a little more of the theming thruout the coaster..once you leave the station post launch, they were like. . ok, it's a coaster.

it looks like fun,but I wish there were billboards, or cutouts of dolphins, or something.

but a fun family coaster.

POV!

DELETED!

It would be really nice if people would STOP POSTING CONTENT from other locations when you'd think it's pretty damn obvious we will be posting our own POVs on our own channels really soon.

Seriously, when you post a ride video, especially of something that's a NEW RIDE when you know damn well TPR will have their own version of the video up soon, that's like someone inviting you over to their house for dinner, but you decide to bring your own food.

But then again, I should not be shocked by the stupidity I see on this planet anymore...

That being said, be patient, our video will be up soon. And if you're not happy with that, feel free to look at some other theme park forum.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

The ride looks fun, I'm assuming a decent portion of the cost of the ride went into the infrastructure of building into/across the lake....maybe that explains some of the lack of theme after the pre launch tunnel?

Also, just thought I'd point out that it's always a good idea to read the entire thread before you post - I was about to post a POV I ran across, then saw one was deleted and hands were slapped!

Anyway, looking forward to this site's version of the POV and/or ride review.