TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Andy's 2017 Coastermania Photo TR

Hey Andy, awesome photos it was great being able to hang out with you at Coastermania. Hopefully you can make it again next year and thanks for the info on that pier by Mean Streak you got some photos on I'll be checking that out as well.

I haven't even got a chance to look at the photos I got on the cruise yet haha I'm sure I'll sort through them this weekend and what not, maybe photo contest entry for next year? haha

Mark, my CoasterMania partner in crime! I can't wait to see some of your shots, especially a few good ones I know you got after my camera went and bricked itself. But giving away the secret pier? Was great to catch up and make a few laps around the park together. Sorry about the noise in the hotel.

I know we'll both have some new photo contest entry options for 2018, but I think I'm sticking with my original idea...

Oh and yes to second Andy's recommendation about Dockside Cafe yes please go! This is my home park and I didn't even know about the place haha We visited on Saturday and it was wonderful. Great atmosphere and great food, and who can resist fresh cut fries?

Also the prices were not bad either and nothing can beat the view.

Preach it! This^ is the expert speaking: if Mark says the fries are good, the fries are good.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What time did y'all get up?

We were up at 5:45 and at front of breakers by 6. First shuttle was full when we got there but 2nd one was right behind it.

We were at front gate and lined up 10 minutes before they started letting folks check in

Bert's info is interesting -- because I had no idea the shuttles were running that early. No one ever published when the shuttles would start (I probably should have asked) but based on Tony's response to a tweet, I had believed they weren't going to start running until 630 AM. I got to the hotel entrance at about 625 AM, the first shuttle I saw was at 635 AM (it filled up) and then I got on the next shuttle at about 650 AM.

It's far from a deal-breaking issue or anything. Just, maybe as plans are revised for next year, having the shuttle plan set/published in advance might make it a little easier for everyone.

that's one of the issues that I had with Breakers. . . the employees, while trying, really seemed to be lost (I'll have some examples in my trip report). . but specific to the shuttle:

we couldn't find any info on it anywhere, and the employees we asked at check in didn't even know Coastermania! was happening the next day.

so we checked before going to bed on Thursday, and the folks at front desk said just come down and tell them we want a shuttle and they will call one for us. So I asked, "Even at 6am?". . and they said yes, so that's what we planned to do. . . but upon showing up at front desk, they just directed us out front and said shuttles had already been called.

as noted, 1st shuttle filled up completely with folks who were already out there, but the driver said there was another shuttle right behind (and it did show up less than 1 minute later).

sorry y'all hit a snag with it. . during morning ERT, we were able to hit Gatekeeper x2, Valravn x2 (and talk to Josh), Raptor once, and Millennium Force x2 before park even opened for early entry (Rougarou was down). . . and we were taking our time.

Went from T2i to T7i! I had plans to spend Saturday in Cleveland doing a bunch of photography, so I was really lucky to find a camera store near downtown with one available.

As for MF, it's really been challenged -- Outlaw Run, El Toro, GeForce, Karnan, Wildfire, Skyrush, Medusa -- they all come really close, and some are better than MF in some ways. But overall the whole experience remains my favorite!

Awesome that you were able to locate and upgrade your camera on such short notice! I'm a Nikon fan myself although I admit that my DSLR is a dinosaur at this point. In its day it was THE camera to have but it's big and heavy, and with having an iPhone it's so much easier so I sadly rarely use the Nikon anymore. I do miss having my actual camera though so should probably upgrade to something decent yet still portable, like what you got.

Completely agree about MF although for me, Storm Runner, El Toro and Fury are the top contenders. Millennium Force is just pure fun! The setting is unbeatable and every single train hoots and hollers and claps at the end - which sticks it solidly at the top of my list!