TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

I definately hear where you're coming from martinb... I'm still surprised AK and DCA have wild mouse coasters. Hopefully the ride is dark enough (and the track is covered enough) where you can't recognize the layout.

It will be interesting to see the quality of the theming put into this ride.

This is probably going to be my first Maurer Sohne spinning coaster, so not a clone to me.

Considering what Mulholland Madness (DCA) and Primeval Whirl (WDW-AK) are actually like, this is a totally different ride experience that the imagineers have dreamed and designed for us.

All enclosed, with indoor 'underwater' effects? A pre-coaster dark ride part? With an outdoor 'small dip' for the approaching guests to see?

No, I think that this will be a much better deal for the lucky DLP-goers, than what the other two parks got.

Much better.

(P.S. If you look on PAGE 4 of this thread, there's 2 schematic layouts of the attraction, where it fits into it's building, and where it fits with the other attractions {Cars, Carpets} in the new section of the park.)

(Edit with the P.S.)

Yes, the coaster will still do a bit of a 'dip' from right to left, in the front of the show building, and then be back inside for the "dark ride" portion, before The Coaster Part happens...

You'll just have to wait until the base foundation is finished and then the walls and vertical construction starts. Then you'll be able to see everything more clearly. Basically, all you have to do is review review review. Startingf around Page 4 of this thread, with the schematics of it all, etc.

If you go to www.dlrp.fr (click on the British Flag up there; upper right corner for English translation)you will get great continual updates on how the attraction is progressing.

Some pics of the construction that I've taken over the last week.

Sorry that they are not the best pics - the first one is taken from flying carpets.

As of yesterday they seemed to have taken to wrapping part of the track in tin foil and boxes!!! Can anyone enlighten me why?

223613633_Crush-Flying.jpg.8a6db880c5abfe34096bffabb69df9f8.jpg

A blurry picture of crush taken from the Flying Carpets.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to hand it to Disney for taking coasters' themeings to new and interesting levels, hmmm?

Mmmm. Less than a year to go for this beauty.

My guess, is that they'll keep the ride vehicles "under wraps" until they can sneak them into the maintenance building (between the show building and the costumes bldg. there beside the lift hill?).

And even when they start testing the ride out, you won't see much of the front facade with the exposed "first dip" there, since the set up construction walls kind of 'angularly block' a direct look at it, hmmm?

But then again - knowing all of you there who'll work at finding out, and taking pix of, what the 'turtles' look like, I'm sure you'll do your best, for all of us interested TurtleTwister Fans, heh heh.

Oooooooooo.... building walls.

Thanks Martin, (and dlp.info). I needed my Turtle Twister 'fix' before this insane UK Tour starts up, lolol.

• 3 weeks later...

Just BUMPing this up, since I ain't been near a pc since the UK Tour.....not!

Actually, I just haven't gone out of my way to find a pc.

So - anything new (or not new) to show of how the building's taking shape, etc. etc. ?

8)

Disney is going with the giant shed technique again eh? Well that doesnt really matter, I hope they pain/theme it to something (A giant fish tank maybe?) like they always do, because it doesnt look like it can be kept out of sight like RNRC and parts of EE.

Colin C

Disney is going with the giant shed technique again eh? Well that doesnt really matter, I hope they pain/theme it to something (A giant fish tank maybe?) like they always do, because it doesnt look like it can be kept out of sight like RNRC and parts of EE.

Colin C

As with every other ride and show in the park, it's going to looke like a studio building.

• 2 months later...

BUMP. de bump.

"Just wondering" if anybody's got any New News on the Turtle Twister at DLP Toon Studios?

The latest I heard, was that it wasn't going to open until well into June, making it 'unlikely' we'd get a shot at soft openings, since we're going to be in Paris late April.

Would they soft open an attraction that early, before the official opening date? Late April - late June? Two months ahead with public 'rehearsals'?

Just thought I'd ponder and question, wonder and wander...

The only news I know of is thats the name has been changed, its no longer "Crush's Turtle Twister", its now "Crush's Coaster".

I find it strange that they are saying that it wont be open on time nearly a year before the official opening, I'd guess that they are slightly behind schedule, but the good news is that there is enough time for them to get "back on track".

Next year, I hope i can go, for the first time, to Disney parks. I want to get in this coaster and i want to see the themening . Refering to the name... I liked more Crush's Turtle Twister, but it´s ok anyway.

I haven´t got any news of this coaster, instead of others.

[T][a][Z]

"The Good News" in the attraction's opening after we're there....

... is that we DO have a few NEW other things to see and enjoy when there in late April, like:

1) Indiana Jones Temple of Peril - going FORWARD. Yay, finally!

2) Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin - what (sniff) replaced Visionarium. Well, we'll see...

and most importantly 3) I FINALLY get to ride AUTOPIA again!!!

Been years and years and... well more of the same, since I rode the ones in DL, even longer in WDW/MK. And I like the little critters, hm'k?

And yeah - its a BIG DEAL for the old hippie - BITE ME!

And since we go to DLP at least twice in every five years (next spring - then 2010), the Toon Studios and ToT will have had a couple of years to 'break everything in' for us when we get there, LOL.

And actually - there will most-likely be a TPR/MET (Mainland Europe Tour) before 2010, taking me thru DLP and the 'new stuff on the block', heh heh.

Just read this at LaughingPlace.com

Over at the Walt Disney Studios park guests can look forward to the unveiling of the new Toon Studios complex (where the Toons go to work as opposed to Mickey’s Toontown where they live!) in June 2007. Both the Cars: Race Rally and Turtle Twister should be ready for the summer season. Tower of Terror is currently on track to open prior to Christmas 2007.

Well, maybe there's a chance of a REALLY EARLY "soft opening" for the Toon Stduios, hmmm? Never know with Disney.