TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I have to go for Tusenfryd as my home park even though it's far away. During my visits I've usually always gone for Speedmonster first to ensure I get a ride on the best ride in the park in case the curse of the Intamin cable should strike. But it has been operating very reliably on all my visits.

Valleyfair is my home park and I always head to Renegade. Even on busy days you can get a handful of rides in with little to no wait before the GP gets all the way to the back of the park. It's also always my last coaster when I visit. Once it's had a full day of running it gets pretty intense.

Mark

If we're talking the park I go to the most, and consider my "home" park, Cedar Point, it varies. I think I probably rode a different ride first just about every time I went this past year. However, predominantly, pre-Valravn MF then Maverick was the order. Post Valravn, it really depends upon how early during passholder preview time I get there. If it's early, I hit Valravn first, as the lines were still pretty manageable.

At the closest park to me, Michigan's Adventure, it's always Shivering Timbers. Early, and often!

Tivoli Gardens - Rutschebanen (although during my last visit it was temporarily closed due to weather so I went with Odinexpressen instead)

Bakken - Mine Train Ulven

Liseberg - Helix

Hansa Park - Nessie (since Kärnan doesn't open until 10)

My home park is Canada's Wonderland. Since our normal day to go is Sunday which is open an hour early for season pass holders, we will do a ride in which ever section of the park is open. Then we will normally do Behemoth as it is really quiet in the morning and you can usually get several rides on it back to back.

If we're talking the park I go to the most, and consider my "home" park, Cedar Point, it varies. I think I probably rode a different ride first just about every time I went this past year. However, predominantly, pre-Valravn MF then Maverick was the order. Post Valravn, it really depends upon how early during passholder preview time I get there. If it's early, I hit Valravn first, as the lines were still pretty manageable.

At the closest park to me, Michigan's Adventure, it's always Shivering Timbers. Early, and often!

Although 3.5 hours from me, we also consider CP our "home park" as that is the park that we visit the most. We normally enter at the Breakers/Soak City entrance so Magnum is usually the first ride that we hit up. Basically because of the nostalgia that it holds (near and dear to my heart)...and the fact that it usually has a short line.

And if it does have a long line, you can always nab your Gemini credit, go grab a beer at Lusty Lil's, whine about the super long line for Maverick and then opt to go power-ride Skyhawk after catching a nice little beer buzz (bonus fun if it's Beer & BBQ time).

...And if it does have a long line, you can always nab your Gemini credit, go grab a beer at Lusty Lil's, whine about the super long line for Maverick and then opt to go power-ride Skyhawk after catching a nice little beer buzz (bonus fun if it's Beer & BBQ time).

me Bert

Noted!

Magic Mountain:

Depends..if Fu11 Throttle is open when the gates open for Gold Pass members, I do that first because you can usually get 2-4 rides in before there is a line...sometimes not having to go around.

If not, I like to head up to Superman, Escape from Krypton, as that is another opportunity to get some marathoning in. Personal record is 13 times without having to get back in line.

• 4 months later...

At Iowa's Adventureland, I rarely ride anything... mostly people watch, eat, drink and take photos.

But, I'd have to say the Sky Ride (ski lift) since I bet I ride that more times in the year than anything else. I've always loved how it goes through the trees (all trimmed out around it) and when they added The Monster coaster last year, it now goes through the coaster. And it's amazing at night, especially with all the new light additions the park has recently made.

IMG_1032.JPG.08d903e347a976cff3ef51be7849d1bb.JPG

Adventureland Sky Ride through The Monster at night.