Photo TR: Theme parks in Florida

An international point of view
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Photo TR: Theme parks in Florida

Postby sirchubs33 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:22 am

I am much more of a lurker here on TPR, but I felt the need to tell you how gorgeous those photos are! Thanks for posting them, they are some seriously impressive shots!
Coaster Count: 451

Check out where theme parks take me!
Life Is A Roller Coaster

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby bigcwd2000 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:23 am

Amazing pictures! I enjoyed them very much. Thanks for sharing them.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RollerManic » Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 am

I've finally have seen photos where vignetting works pretty well throughout an entire collection. I've seen some photos where it works pretty well individually but never so many in one collection.

I can't lie: you abuse vignetting but it works so well. Please don't take me as critical (I'm complimenting you here).

I really appreciate some of those wider shots! Keep it up!
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:31 am

As always fantastic pictures! Epcot is such a unique place compared to any other parks, I love that place!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby multimueller » Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 am

RollerManic wrote:I can't lie: you abuse vignetting but it works so well. Please don't take me as critical (I'm complimenting you here).

Technically all the shots are too saturated, too warm, have too little contrast and would be - rightfully - considered as Kitsch (I think, you use that German word the same way as we do?). But when it comes to Walt Disney World I allow myself to go crazy on all those little Photoshop dials. It's magic after all, isn't it?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 18, 2017 5:37 pm

If you had the right pair of glasses on, I could swear you'd be a brother to John Lasseter,
in that shot of you with Baymax. Really! You've got the right shirt for it too, LOL. :wink:

Great tour of EPCOT. I have always considered it a more "world's fair" like place, and I
still think of it that way.

Thanks for sharing all your trip. It's been great reading your first-time comments.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun May 21, 2017 2:59 pm

multimueller wrote:
RollerManic wrote:I can't lie: you abuse vignetting but it works so well. Please don't take me as critical (I'm complimenting you here).

Technically all the shots are too saturated, too warm, have too little contrast and would be - rightfully - considered as Kitsch (I think, you use that German word the same way as we do?). But when it comes to Walt Disney World I allow myself to go crazy on all those little Photoshop dials. It's magic after all, isn't it?

Multimueller - your photography and your deliciously droll commentary have made your Trip Report one of the most fun 'armchair journeys' I've taken on TPR. Walt Disney World is "kitsch" in the very best sense of the word - and to echo your wise summary statement: "It's magic after all, isn't it?" :b

(Hope we'll be hearing more from you in the future!)

Alice

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby gus1971 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:53 am

Amazing report! The pictures are mesmerizing... You're pro!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Thank you for the fish

Postby multimueller » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Hello everybody! Some time has passed since I wrote my last installment of this ongoing trip report. I’ve been to Austria in the meantime. You all will have read Robb and Elissa’s amazing “river adventure” trip report, so if anyone needs a little bit more persuasion to visit this amazing country, here are two pictures of how it looks like:

000.jpg
This is the Lagazuoi - almost unpronouncable but soooooo pretty

000b.jpg
The Lago Nero - black lake

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everybody for their kind comments. As a hobbyist I basically “run on compliments” and it’s always wonderful to see when someone enjoys your work.

So … let’s move on to the next park. When people ask me what I do when I am in Orlando, I truthfully reply “mostly theme parks” which will always lead to the question “but what besides theme parks?” which I can happily answer with “there are eight”. And those eight major parks are so unique and different! Probably the best example of that uniqueness is Seaworld. I believe most people in Germany think that combining marine animal exhibits with shows and roller coasters is a very strange concept. But they are wrong. More experienced theme park visitors might see Seaworld as a “half-day park”: do the coasters, see one show, done. They are wrong too. Of course: You can “do” Seaworld that way. But you would miss a lot, as this relaxed park offers plenty of things to keep you occupied for a whole day. There are countless opportunities to watch animals: strange creatures from the deep, cute sea lions, dolphins (over and under water), penguins in a freezing cold environment (be sure to pack a sweater, seriously), sea turtles, manatees. There is an underwater tunnel from which you can observe sharks floating around you and an underwater restaurant. There are three big shows. And there are four amazing roller coasters: Journey to Atlantis – a water coaster – where you can survive the big drop without getting too wet and will be soaked rushing down a ridiculously tiny hill. Kraken on which you can enjoy 7 inversions. Manta – a flying coaster – where everybody has his personal “holy crap” moment on the top of the pretzel loop. And – my new favorite – Mako – an action packed B&M speed coaster with lots of airtime.

001.jpg
Seaworld offers beautiful themeing all around

002.jpg
Journey to atlantis - a very nicely themed water coaster

003.jpg
If you like water - that's you ride

004.jpg
If you prefer your water behind a wall of glass, one of the animal exhibits might be your thing. You can also find Nemo.

005.jpg
You can find strange creatures like this octopus.

005a.jpg
You can watch playful dolphins. And you can watch indignant moms rushing out when two of them get too playful.

006.jpg
And there are cownose rays - Rhinoptera bonasus

007.jpg
You can take the tunnel!

007a.jpg
If you like dining by the sea, why not dine under the sea?

008.jpg
A sea horse - incredible!

009.jpg
And a seal. The german term is "Seehund" which mean sea dog. Woof, woof!

010.jpg
If you can stand the cold you'll be awarded with some awesome penguins

010a.jpg
They are good swimmers too

010b.jpg
And flamingos for you personal "Miami Vice" moment

011.jpg
One of the past dolphin shows

012.jpg
And the orca show "One Ocean"

013.jpg
It's the most intense coaster in Orlando: "Manta"

014.jpg
A B&M flying coaster with beautiful trains

015.jpg
And an impressive splash effect

016.jpg
Though you look kind of silly while riding it

017.jpg
Mako - first drop

018.jpg
A flawless, fun packed B&M speed coaster

If you have “a thing” for animals: go there. If you like to ride some of the best serious roller coasters in the area: go there. If you need a relaxed park day: go there. You’ll have a great time. I always have one.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby delan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:46 am

Awesome!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!